“Fantastic Hotel but if your staying on a long break you need to plan ahead!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Johnstown House Hotel & Spa

Save Saved
You added Johnstown House Hotel & Spa to your Saves list
Johnstown House Hotel & Spa
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Enfield-Johnstown Bridge Road, Enfield, Ireland   |
Ranked #2 of 2 hotels in Enfield
Bristol
“Fantastic Hotel but if your staying on a long break you need to plan ahead!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

Johnstown House Hotel is a fantastic hotel! its set in a lovely place in the village of Enfield, there is a fantastic bar just down the road called "Flatterys" if you fancy a change? the hotel has everything ud ever want in a hotel its self contained and its been done to a high standard! the food was great the staff where also great and i think the only thing i can pick up on is that if you are staying in the hotel more then a couple of days as its so isolated you need a car to get about! as you can only do so much in the hotel before you get bored so as enfield has such a lovely vibe about it have a drive into it and try to see the small railway station its tiny lol but all in all a fantastic hotel!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
odhran l, General Manager at Johnstown House Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Dear Mr. W,

Thank you for taking the time to contact Trip Advisor regarding your recent visit to Johnstown House Hotel. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and rest assured I will pass on your comments to the team. While the hotel is siuated in the countryside it is only a 20 minute walk from Enfield where there is a bus and train service to the west and to Dublin.
Once again thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you to Johnstown House Hotel in the near future.

644 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Dublin, Ireland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

Just back from a "Spa Break" which was a treat for my daughters and myself ...Spa was wonderful experience .....staff excellent ....only disappointment was the unbelievably bad welcome we received at Hotel.....we had the audacity to arrive on time for our pre-booked treatments, but were too early to check in ....and were rebuked and told the hotel had been very busy and that the rooms were not ready ....we had to "trundle" upstairs to Spa with all our luggage ....thankfully the Spa staff were most civil and welcomed us .....beware if attending for a Spa weekend ....don't book treatment a minute before "check in" time ......

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear Carmel H,

Thank you for taking the time to contact Trip Advisor regarding your recent visit to Johnstown House Hotel. While I am delighted you enjoyed the spa and I am disappointed at the lack of service you received in the hotel. I am not sure form your review as to what time you checked in at. However check in for the hotel is from 3.00pm. Reading between the lines it would seem that the front desk was not very friendly to you and unhelpful. If this is the case I would like to apologise most sincerely.
Once again thank you for taking the time to write your review and if I can be of any further assistance to you, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Regards,

Odhran Lawlor
Dublin, Ireland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

I have stayed in this Hotel on two previous occasions. On the first occasion the time it took to check-in was almost an hour, then the card key did not work in the door. The second occasion was fine. I am currently in the process of attempting to book accommodation for an upcoming event. I have rang many many times over the last number of days in an attempt to book a room for this event. I have left my name and number on each occasion only to be fobbed off on EVERY occasion. I have seen bad customer service in my time but to have all reservations dependent on one person (Louise), and for that person to be never available is just terrible. If I wasn't forced to attend this hotel I would book anywhere else.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear PF Dillon,

Thank you for taking the time to contact Trip Advisor regarding your recent experience at Johnstown House Hotel. It was with deep regret that I heard of your comments as this is not the standard we are striving to achieve at the hotel. We consider all comments received to be an invaluable source of information on guest satisfaction.

Firstly, I would like to apologize for any inconvenience or annoyance caused as a result of our shortcomings. Unfortunately due to the large volume of calls it is not always possible to connect you directly to reservations. However, I would be disappointed that none of the front office team could not have attended to you. While I am hesitant to place an automated answering service in the hotel, please be assured that we are looking at ways to reduce the time it takes us to respond to guests.
Once again, thank you once again for your feedback and I look forward to hearing from you.

midlands, ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

recommend this hotel for its food, spa and kind and friendly staff. stayed 2 nights with my daughter very relaxing location, would return. visit spa its sooo good staff are efficient and make you feel at home, visited local village enfield its small but nice boutique there worth a visit

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Loismidland,

Thank you for taking the time to contact Trip Advisor regarding your recent visit to Johnstown House Hotel. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and rest assured I will pass on your comments to the team. While the hotel is situated in the countryside it is only a 20 minute walk from Enfield where there are also some beautiful canal walks.

ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

had a lovely two night family break on 28th august for two nights. stayed in the appartments on a b+b rate. travelled with two children so the space in the appartments was great.
lovely breakfast each morning. queues non existent. ate in the bar both nights. nice bar food, reasonably priced. lovely young efficient staff served us on both nights, who were very friendly to the kids.
will definately be back. would have stayed longer only the hotel was fully booked.
very relaxing

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Sheba55,

Thank you for taking the time to contact Trip Advisor regarding your recent family stay at Johnstown House Hotel. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay. Our apartments and indeed the whole complex is very family friendly and an excellent location for exploring the attractions you mention. It is also worth noting that Lullymore Heritage Park is no more than 20 minutes away.

Ballina, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

I went here with a friend specifically for the spa,which far exceeded our expectations. Beautiful,relaxing and very friendly.A little expensive,but we used a groupon voucher,which made it affordable to me.
The hotel was a good standard but could be updated in the communal areas,The room was spacious,clean and well kept.All the staff we met were very helpful and friendly,no complaints needing assistance.
We had intended having bar food at the hotel but the menu was very limited so we went into Enfield(about a mile away)to eat.We did have breakfast,the fruit and pastries were excellent but the cooked food was only average-the bacon and eggs were dried up and no tomatoes put out.
The hotel was very easy to find,and to get into Dublin city or the shopping centres from.
I would definitely recommend,especially the spa.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Dawn and Dec

Thank you for taking the time to review Johnstown House Hotel on Trip Advisor. We are delighted you enjoyed your visit. Our spa is extremely popular and as it less than an hour from Dublin it is extremely popular. Una and her team at the Spa provide an excellent service and I will be sure to pass on your gratitude. Once again thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you in the near future to Johnstown House Hotel.

Kind regards;

Belfast, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

There is much to commend regarding this hotel. Check in was fast and the staff very friendly. Indeed, all the staff were exceptionally friendly - front of house, bar staff, and servers at breakfast. The room was spacious and well appointed and clean. Another reviewer has said that the place needs a makeover - I think that is probably a bit too strong, but maybe there could be a little more attention to detail. For example, our bathroom featured a broken overflow - not enough to spoil my stay, but enough annoy fusspots. I guess if someone cuts their toe on it there could be some real fuss. The room had a fusty odour, but again this was not sufficient to merit a complaint. I reckon it is worth 4 out of 5 for room quality. My only serious reservation was the slow bar food service. The excellent staff did apologise about this, but it was glacially slow, so I am giving it a 3 out of 5 below. Breakfast is buffet style and was excellent. Plenty of free parking. No wifi in the rooms, alas, but I believe that there is internet if you have a device with an Ethernet socket. So, some small niggles here, hence 4 rating rather than 5, but still a solid choice and well worth considering.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
odhran l, General Manager at Johnstown House Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, September 14, 2013
Dear BwanaBundukl,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit to Johnstown House Hotel. We are delighted that overall you enjoyed your stay and I will pass on your comments and gratitude to the various departments. I really appreciate your honesty and fairness in your review. Rest assured that I will take your feedback on board.
Once again thank you for your time in writing the review and we look forward to welcoming you on your next visit to Johnstown House Hotel.

Odhran

Been to Johnstown House Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!