“Good value, but the bed not so good!” 3 of 5 stars

Johnstown House Hotel & Spa
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Enfield-Johnstown Bridge Road, Enfield, Ireland   |
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Enfield
dublin, ireland
“Good value, but the bed not so good!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here last week and overall our experience was a good one. We got an overnight with spa treatments. The hotel is reasonably modern and the included meal in the restaurant was very good with a nice selection to choose from. Unfortunately when we got to bed we discovered a bit of a hump in the bed where they had joined the two singles together. We thought it wasn't too bad but by 3am it was a nightmare and made for a most uncomfortable nights sleep. At that stage I thought it was too late to go doing anything about it but realise now that I probably should have called the front desk. We got breakfast in bed in the morning which was nice although they didnt have my first selection available. We filled out a comment card and mentioned our awful nights sleep to the receptionist- but there has been no follow up from the hotel whatsoever (despite being promised otherwise)
Our spa treatments were lovely and the spa is to be recommended.

• Stayed September 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Kildare, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

I absolutely love this place ! stayed here last week for 1 night mid week, had dinner in the restaurant which was fabulous ! Got the hot stone massage the following day from a lady called Aileen ,Wow ! I have been in a number of spas around the midlands in the last couple of years and this was the best treatment I have ever had ! I will definitely be going back there soon! would reccomend anyone to try out the spa in Johnstown house , a lovely girly getaway and reasonbly priced to !

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Johnstownbridge
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

I was treated to a day at the spa last month. This was my 2nd visit to the spa here! I had a therapist called Leanne and I had the most amazing facial ever! She was excellent! I went for the Elemis skin specific facial. Afterwards we chilled out in the relaxation room and spent time in the sauna and steam room! Looking forward to my next visit in a few weeks!

• Stayed August 2012
new york
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

The service was very good - front desk was very helpful with answering our questions and printing out directions for us. A negative for us was the distance to Dublin. The hotel is about 40 minutes outside the city by bus or train. While the commute in was easy, it was that much less time we got to spend in Dublin itself. Another negative was that wireless internet was only available in the lobby area. Parts of the bar didn't have service. There was wired connection in each room but I was traveling with only an iphone so that was of no use to me. That aside, our stay was really nice. Breakfast was good, service was wonderful and the rooms were roomy and clean.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

I LOVE this place!! I visit my partner working in Ireland every 2/3 weeks and we won't stay anywhere else but here! When u walk in u can feel the warmth of the place, a beautiful 1750's georgian house. The staff are very welcoming, the food is to die for. We get the 2 night package with full Irish both mornings and an evening meal in the pavillion. The breakfast is always perfect and plenty of choice. Food in the pavillion is really tasty and posh :) The leisure centre has a swimming bath, gym sauna and really nice hot tub outside. Rooms are always clean. You get so much from your stay not to mention an onsite spa treatment at reasonable prices. Only downfall is the prices in the bar but well worth a visit. Would recommend to anyone whether u want to relax and unwind or want to take your kids on a fun weekend. This place has it all 5 *****

• Stayed April 2012
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here recently with my family, the room was excellent and the food was quite good. But I found the food to be extremely expensive €7 for a bowl of pasta for a small child and €4 for 1 scoop of ice cream yes 1 scoop.
Most of the staff were pleasant ,bar in the kiddies club , the staff member was not up to scratch on customer service, and its the one area where I thought there should be high emphasis on friendliness.
Overall disappointing due to price of food and let down in kiddies club.

• Stayed August 2012
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

We stayed here for a mid week Spa break, bed and breakfast and with dinner included one night in the restaurant!The hotel is lovely and well maintained, the rooms were very clean and a good size.We had asked for bathrobes and extra pillows both of which were not in our room when we checked in, however reception rectified this within ten minutes of being informed. The Spa treatments were fantastic, we also had use of the steam rooms, pool and Jacuzzi and they are definitely recommended. The package we got was very good value, as dinner was included and the food in the restaurant was lovely. Our steak was not quite cooked enough but the waiter was quick to take it back and once cooked, re-plate it with fresh veg and sides without even a sideways glance. All the staff were very attentive and friendly and made our stay even more pleasant!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Johnstown House Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!