“Great facilities” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Helensvale
Perth, Australia
“Great facilities”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

We stayed - 2 adults, 2 children - at a powered site near the pool two nights in our RV. Great staff, nice free sausage sizzle on Tuesday evenings. We ate and drank at the pool both nights as well, great food (nachos) and staff there. Pool/hot tub area very nice. Laundry provides washers with free detergent/softener. Toilets nice. Only complaint would be "grey water" smell after a rain.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
GCHP, Owner at Gold Coast Holiday Park & Motel, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Dear EdgarAPoe,

Thanks for taking the time to review us - we are so glad that you anf your family had a great stay. We will follow up on your 'grey water' comments today - Mark our Manager is taking a look now.

Please come back and see us again soon.

Safe travels till we see you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Maitland, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Once again stayed at this Holiday Park - in our caravan. Excellent caravan park in a great position - staff very friendly. Pool area excellent, park grounds excellent. Personally guided to your site - to be able to get a drink and meal at the restaurant is a great idea.

Room Tip: The top end of the park near the freeway naturally is very noisy - try and get a location down the b...
Hi Jenny1709,

Lovely to have you back again! and so nice to hear from you and get the good news on your holiday.

Please put us on your calendar for another trip soon!

Safe travels till then.
Gosford, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

Had pre-booked through the website and arrived at the park after a long day at Dreamworld to relax at our cosy cabin for the first night.(And cosy it was) Realizing this was not for us I rushed back to the front desk which was now closed and knocked on the door to see if anyone could help us with our predicament. The staff opened up and turned the computers back on then checked if there was anything else available. The girl there offered us a bungalow so I took it as we were there for 3 days and I wanted my kids to be comfortable. I won't go into the details but the staff and manager were more than helpful and addressed any concerns I had which made our stay there very enjoyable. Even though the price for accommodation is higher than other places I have stayed in, I find the proximity to the the theme parks, eateries and the facilities at the holiday park itself just about make up for it. If you like room to move and a lounge to sit on spend the extra and get the bungalow or villa if you can afford it. The girl at the cafe who made a great cappuccino on one of the mornings was lovely and the pool area was amazing. The laundry and camp kitchen areas were up to date and clean as were the shower amenities. There were gardeners and cleaners everywhere making sure the park was in top condition, it looked like they out numbered the tourists at some stages as there were quite a few of them. I am sure the staff will know who wrote this so thanks again for your help in making our stay a good one and we will be back next year to either stay in a villa/bungalow or even our 12-man tent if I feel like setting it up. Cheers

Room Tip: Get a villa or bungalow if you have 4 or more and want room to move.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
GCHP, Owner at Gold Coast Holiday Park & Motel, responded to this review, July 21, 2013
Hi Dean,

Thanks for all that great feedback! I will pass on your kind comments to the cafe staff and of course to our reception staff who fired up ye olde computer to find you more suitable digs for your stay.

I'm so pleased you and the kids had a great time and we look forward to seeing you again when next you make the trek from Gosford :)

We will make sure we have a Bungalow ready to go so you can get the best out of your holiday. You also mentioned that you might come camping which would be great too! The riverwalk camping grounds are really beautiful.... take a look on our Facebook page as we have just posted a recent pic.

Safe travels till we see you again!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed in the Motel room for $145 a night. The room itself was nice and clean, but the bed was very uncomfortable and we both had a terrible night sleep and woke up very sore, with a headache and sore back. The motel room backs right onto the motorway and you could hear the traffic very clearly even with the windows closed.

The park itself is very well maintained and a great place for the kids, with a pool, waterslide, bouncy pillow and a small collection of farm animals which I have a slight complaint about- Being an animal lover and caretaker it was very clear to me that the fenced off area for them was too small, the goats were very skinny and starving to the point that when I picked a stick off of a tree both goats came racing to me and climbed on top of me just to get the stick, the miniature pony was in desperate need of a farrier and there was no food or water avalible except for some grass and a muddy puddle. A sheep was wearing a collar that was too tight so I took it off and made it looser.

The cafe was great, the food was reasonable in price and freshly cooked, the barmaids were very nice and helpful, one girl even made me a special cocktail and didn't charge extra for it.

Overall I was happy, but for the price of the motel room I expected better, I would however go back and try out a cabin or similar.

• Stayed July 2013
GCHP, Owner at Gold Coast Holiday Park & Motel, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Hi Lexiwebb,

Thanks for all your comments that you have made about your stay in our Motel. I am concerned to hear that you didn't get a good nights sleep - we usually receive great comments about our mattresses seeing as they are all have been recently renewed. Please allow me to follow up on this point. If we identify a mattress that's not up to standard its gone same day - no ifs or buts!

Thank you also for commenting on the petting farm. I appreciate your concern for our animals - we take their health and welfare as our first priority. The Sheep and the Goats are rescue pets are new additions who we are slowly getting back to peak condition which involves them being on a balanced diet. We have taken professional advice to make sure they are getting proper nutritional care. While we do ask our guests not to feed them 'treats' its often tempting to give them a little something which might explain why they are so keen to greet you. Its also true that goats are pretty keen eaters which means even after we feed them they are always keen for more.

The goats, pony & sheep are always happy for company at the fence and will run up for a pat or a hug. They are all fed daily and are never allowed to miss a meal, their water troughs are filled with fresh water daily.

I agree with your comment that the farm was muddy during your stay. The farm is situated around the western end of our environmental lake which is a lovely setting but with the consistent rain that we had for the week and a half prior to your stay the mud is inevitable. You might remember that the stables and chicken coop are on good high ground as is the majority of the farm, so when they get muddy feet it is simply because they have taken a wander down to the lakes edge.

I really do appreciate your thoughts on the size of the enclosure. It is several hundred square meters at the moment. We very much like the idea of expanding it further and will take advice if it is appropriate to increase its size.

Finally thanks also for your your concern about Bella (our lovely miniature horse) & her hooves. They have been checked by our farrier who tells us that she will need her hooves trimmed but he is waiting for them to grow a bit more. Because Bella is not trotting on hard surfaces or being ridden, she does not require horse shoes. I will ask the farrier to come and look again because we do want to make sure she is comfortable with her feet. At last chat I was assured that she is comfortable in her natural state and when her hooves are long, he will trim them.

All in all your review shows great compassion and I thank you for taking the time to give feedback. When you next stay with us, please feel free to let us know of any concerns you have immediately so we can deal with them straight away.

We do hope you can come and visit your friends at the mini farm again soon - they would love to see you.
Repton, New South Wales, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Fantastic customer service, and such an adventure
had so much fun, all the staff are easy going and help is there when you need it STAY THERE I DARE YOU!!!
The water is great, the pool is awesome for all ages. the animals are fun

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Hi Laura

You're a star! come back soon.
Geraldton, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Park is in and awesome location, perfect for visiting the theme parks.
The facitiies are great and the pool area is amazing.
Very family friendly. Our Kids enjoyed the water slides, animals and free movie under the stars.
Service was wonderful and the Staff were all very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

GCHP, Owner at Gold Coast Holiday Park & Motel, responded to this review, July 7, 2013
Hi ChelleBelle

Great review - Short & Sharp with a 5 out of 5 rating - Love it.

Hope we see you again sometime soon..... the sun is shining and water is beautiful.

Safe travels till we see you again :)
Renmark, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Our stay at Helensvale was for two weeks so we booked an ensuite site for convenience. We had been at this park on two previous occasions and always found it to be great. This time was even better as a huge amount of reno's had been done since our last stay. The Managers, Mark and Judy, are lovely people who listen to your concerns and keep the park in pristine condition. The pool area could well be in a luxury Motel in Las Vegas. It is a real eye-opener! An absolute credit to the park. The ensuite was very well appointed with plenty of space and all the hooks, bells and whistles that you will need. And the grounds are beautifully manicured. A credit to the staff. Not that we have kids these days, but there is even a petting zoo with ducks, chooks, a sheep and a miniature horse! There is a free sausage sizzle evening and also breakfast pancakes. We will always return to this park.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
GCHP, Owner at Gold Coast Holiday Park & Motel, responded to this review, June 29, 2013
Hi Steve,

Thanks for a lovely review. It sounds like you had a great time and that really makes us feel fantastic.

By the way I think you are the first reviewer to mention our little farmyard - thanks! Its certainly proving to be a great success with all our big and little guests. I think there are plans for an alpaca or two in the pipeline too!

Great news that we will be seeing you again - safe travels till we see you again :)

Been to Gold Coast Holiday Park & Motel? Share your experiences!