It's our first time in Bohol and we stayed there for 2 days. The staff are very nice and friendly. All our requests were granted properly. We booked at this resort also because of their big pool. The landscape design/outside look is charming and gives a feel of cozy resort. There were around 2-3 groups/guests aside from us so most of the time we were the only guests to use the pool or dine at their restaurant (so it's quiet and not crowded).
We took the deluxe room which is okay (not for people who are after for a spacious room though). Our only problem is the lack of table & chair inside the room - that means you have to place your things on the floor and inside/on top of the cabinet. And that means you cannot comfortably use your laptop or eat inside the room.
They have wifi but don't expect the signal would reach any one of their rooms. If you want to connect to the internet, you will need to go the waiting area beside the reception office (at the entrance) where wifi signal is available. The guard was nice enough to lend me an extension cord though. I did not mind going there but the very slow connection was disappointing. The staff said they just did some repair on their power lines which affected the internet connection (yeah, great timing). We didn't do any tours in our first day because we wanted to take a rest and finish some online work. I just decided to use my phone as a modem (when no wifi is available) to connect to the internet but globe/smart signal is very poor. Their location is far from Tagbilaran City so expect 0-2 bars cellphone signal as well.
What's really disappointing is their credit card system. They flaunt on their website and flyers that they do accept MAJOR CREDIT CARDS. Yes, I have confirmed about this with them before, during and after we made our bookings because we wanted to pay through CC and told them we don't want to bring a lot of cash. They said no problem about it. During checkout, the staff tried to swipe my card several times because it displayed an error message BUT only to find out that their system is NOT WORKING. I had to call my bank to verify that my CC is working and the problem is on their system. The staff said they experienced the same problem when a foreigner-guest tried to pay through CC last January 11. Obviously, they did not do anything about it from the time it happened until we experienced the same (February 14). We ended up paying in cash instead.
Another funny experience: we asked if they provide massage service and one staff said her friend used to provide massage service to their guests. So we told her to book her friend for us. Their so-called masseuse didn't have any training and therefore did not know how to massage! We also learned that she was there for her OJT! :D
This resort is perfect for those who are looking for a peaceful getaway and big pool. Not recommended for those who want easy access to shopping, spa services and great choices of restaurant, and those looking for very good wifi connection!
- Also Known As:
- Bohol Coconut Palms Hotel Baclayon
- Bohol Coconut Palms Hotel
- Bohol Coconut Palms Resort Bohol Province/Baclayon
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bohol Coconut Palms Resort have opened their doors to provide you with wonderful facilities and warm service. It is truly a venue you can enjoy with your family, friends, and even your colleagues. The resort also has a function room that can accommodate 200 people. You can also find pleasure in their leisure facilities. These include a semi-Olympic-size swimming pool with slides and kiddie pool with fountain. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda and Asiatravel.com Holdings so you can book your Bohol Coconut Palms Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.