“Glad we booked our wedding there” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Third Night Free
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Ballyliffin
Strabane
“Glad we booked our wedding there”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2009

Scanning down the reviews, in all honesty most of the complaints are picky and petty!!! We are having our wedding reception there next year and stayed for a night to make sure we hadn't made a mistake! Glad to say we hadn't, we stayed in a standard room, definitely up to a high standard. Food in the restaurant of really good quality, very god service and no complaints!

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2009

Stayed at this hotel for 3 nights and can honestly say didn't experience any of the problems the previous reviewers have written about. Check-in was very fast - we were allocated a room on the first floor - room was spacious with 1 large double bed and 1 single. Bathrooms had plenty of toiletries and even had some toothbrushes and paste in case one had forgotten their own. No problems encountered at breakfast - good choice of food available. Location is very good, just a 5 min walk to a lovely beach. We were blessed with good weather so maybe that helped. 3 glorious days of sunshine. We would definetely go back.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
Belfast
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2009

the hotel definately does not have 4star service. The reception areas in the hotel are lovely but the bedrooms are just ok. The ensuites are small and basic & lack the usual toiletries etc that you get elsewhere. The spa waiting area is very shabby with old torn magazines the only ones on offer to peruse. The restaurant serves lovely food but is expensive.
The main problem with this hotel is the lack of service and the way in which management ignore any customer complaints is insulting. I will not return and could not honestly recommend this to a friend.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with friends
Fermanagh
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2009

If you're going to this hotel please be aware that the free newspaper you will be offered to be delivered to your room will be charged for on checkout. main courses in restaurant are served with potatoes but menu doesn't say this so we unnecessarily ordered expensive sides. The cheapest house wine (sickly sweet rosemount) is E21.the hotel is extremely hot - i assume they hope guests will buy more drinks to cool down. my sister was left in the dry flotation room for an hr and a half in what should have been a half hr treatment but they forgot about her. The hotel is lovely but if you have some complaints like we had you can expect that they will be totally ignored by management.

belfast
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2009

I first stayed at Ballyliffin Lodge shortly after it opened (before it had a rating) and was very impressed with the hotel - pretty much all aspects
(accomodation, leisure facilities and food)

We stayed there again 16th and 17th Feb 2009 and are pleased to report that the standards we first saw have been maintained - this is reassuring as I have watched many great hotels degrade through lack of maintenance.

If I had to pick one fault its that the lighting at the pool is too dark - but to be honest its a minor preoblem

Northern Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2009

Had a lovely stay at the Ballyliffin Lodge, we booked just to have a night away and some family time together. On arrival was attended to promptly and happily by the man on reception. Our family room was at the side of the building with no view but as we didnt expect to spend much time in it this did not concern us. The room had separate beds for my 16 and 11 year old, and was spacious, clean and the TV worked. After some time at the pool, while the boys watched the rugby in the main bar my daughter and I headed to the lounge to chill out. Unfortunately at this time an interview was being conducted between two people, one of whom I gathered is or was a TD for a book soon to be published about drink driving. It was interesting listening! In the Holly Tree, we had a lovely meal which was only spoilt by the waiter knocking over my husbands glass of water all over him, after a change of clothes we finished our meal. All in all we had a lovely stay, the kids enjoyed it but i would have expected a little reduction or a complimentary drink for the water incident. Still wouldnt put me off staying there again and the staff were very friendly.

• Liked — clean,friendly service,location.
  • Disliked — n/a
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Ireland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2009

My husband and I stayed there on Saturday 17th January 2009. We went for a nice relaxing weekend and we did not get this. Firstly the tv was not working and I rang the front desk and was told someone would be up in a minute I rang an hour and 10 mins later and said that the message must have got lost on a change over in shifts. The man that came to fix the tv got two stations which is not much good so when my husband came up from his spa treatment he tuned in the tv and got all the stations. Went down then to the leisure facilities and the hot tubs jets were not working and the steam room was not working but did they ring to tell us this before we came no. I was looking so forward to relaxing in the hot tub. We eat in the bar that night and I have to say the food was some of the best I have ever eaten. Then went to bed and was wakened at 3.30 with a party in the room next door. The resturant for the breakfast in the morning is crushed and the eggs, the whites were still running they should hold the breakfast in the bar where it is very roomy. I have to say I will never set foot in this place again. I emailed the manager and he rang me and left message on my answering machine and I rang him back and was told he was not in his office and I havn't heard from them since. Very bad service. The hotels are crying that they are not getting the custom of people I wonder why. People are not going to pay good money to stay in a hotel that is meant to be 4 starts and I wouldn't give it 1 star.

• Liked — The Food
  • Disliked — leisure centre, room, view of a washing room
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Ballyliffin Lodge & Spa Hotel? Share your experiences!