“It was a nice stay and my room was amazing. Thank you” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Villa De Mama

Villa De Mama
You added Villa De Mama to your Saves list
Villa De Mama
2.5 of 5 Small Hotel   |   54/63 Moo 1 Soi Ta-iad, Chalong, Phuket Town, Phuket 83100, Thailand   |
Ranked #5 of 34 Chalong B&B and Inns
“It was a nice stay and my room was amazing. Thank you”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2014

Everything was new and clean an Kim is a good lady and she were always helping me. I will come soon and stay there again. Love it and everything was great :) hope you have a room for me .......................................................................

• Stayed December 2013

Families
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Guernsey, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2014

Such a wonderful place to stay, the lady who runs it is so lovely and can't do enough to make sure your stay is perfect. The outside bath was bliss after a day of training. Close enough to the training camps but far enough away that it's so quiet at night. Aircon, modern bathroom, comfy beds and fresh towels every day. Very affordable, I'd definitely stay here again and recommend to anyone coming to Chalong.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends
Krabi Town, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

Jem' & Charlie' own this peaceful, quiet Villa nestled behind a semi busy fitness road; Soi Ta-iad. They have occupied the land for 3 generations and have excellent english and hospitality. They are a lovely couple, hands on with their Villa and happy to help you with anything you may need from bug spray, tourist advice to a night light for reading. Villa de Mama is close to facilities such as restaurants (I recommend Tony's, in front of the Villa), Taxi's, Laundry, Massage, Markets(1-2km) and a super market (2-3km). Villa de Mama is such a steal for the services and facilities they offer at the price they give. You will not have to worry about the safety of your items either, i have left money, credit cards, passports around whilst the cleaners have been. You won't regret choosing this as your accommodation.

Room Tip: Swimming pool under construction. TBC July 2014
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Curitiba, PR
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

I stayed there for 3 nights with my boyfriend. We wanted to stay away from the centre and party beaches while we rested from the journey from Australia and prepared for our adventures in Thailand.

Chalong is a good neighborhood. The place is full of kickboxing gyms so expect to see a lot of pumped up people around. It is a little far from the beaches and public transport is VERY difficult so the best option is to rent a car os scooter.

The bedrooms are lovely, airy, white and the place overall is good value for money. There is some staff around (cleaning) during the day but the manager was never there. Luckily we didn't have major issues but we had to organise transport with her and that was a little difficult.

There is a restaurant next door which serves delicious and cheap food. Definitely recommended.

Overall a good experience but I am not sure if I would stay there again though because of the distance to the beaches.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

This was my sixth stay in chalong. I go to train and usually stay at one of the more expensive places. I thought I'd try and save some cash on my last visit so I stayed here. All I can say is that it was the best and most relaxing stay I've had, maybe it's the atmphosphere in the rooms or the villa area but its defiantly the warm and friendly attitude of the couple that run it. They are lovely, I was even massively late for my departure flight and only caught it in time because of them frantically driving me to the airport, carrying my luggage and phoning ahead to the airport. The rooms are perfect.

Stayed August 2013
Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

This place is great to stay at. The owners are great people who will help you with any problem or need you have. The rooms are really nice too, big and roomy with a tv, fridge and good sized closet. Really recommend this place, especially if you are staying for a longer time.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Taipei, Taipei, Taiwan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

I think it is very good place, people are very friendly, and I liked the room, if you want a nice and comfortable place, I think is the best place, and if you are allergic to mosquitoes, I suggest you bring repellent. good luck a good trip!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Villa De Mama? Share your experiences!