“All around perfect” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Phuket Meditation Center

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Chalong
Phuket Meditation Center
You added Phuket Meditation Center to your Saves list
69 / 509 Moo 1, Soi Chaofah 5, Chalong, Phuket Town, Phuket 83000, Thailand   |
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“All around perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

A wonderful experience and really fantastic learning opportunity. This retreat works for beginner through expert meditators. It can be as intense as you want and we decided to make the most of it and got so much out of our four days we are considering returning. The teachings were down to earth and Tobi did a great jb of simplifying what could be complex if you let it be.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Gothenburg, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

I have just been back for my second visit at Phuket Meditation Center. The last visit was nearly one year ago. It felt good to be back again, to fill upp my batteries with inner peace and energy. Tobi and Parn are very dedicated and do all their best to give the participants a good stay, rewarding teaching, answering questions and give meditation support. They really want to give the participants the tools to make lasting changes in their lives. I always enjoy meeting people who have Tobi and Parns true and honest passion. Tobis teaching about life, mindfullness and meditation is just what I needed and the retreat is a great way to stop and get a few days of rest from the ordinary life and, at the same time, get tools to improve your life. Both of my visits have given me invaluable perspective on myself, my life and the meaning of life and I guess I will be back in a year.

I felt like I got the basic knowledge and understanding during my first visit. This time I know what to expect and it was easier to concentrate on the meditation and on myself. Last time I had a lot of questions about the Buddhism and meditation. This time I just felt like I wanted get relaxed, work on my meditation and have a good stay. I stayed for six day, next time I hope I can stay a few days longer. I needed the first three days to get relaxed and stop thinking about all the things I “have to do” back home. After these three days I felt very relaxed and got down to earth. I felt that I, in the end of my stay, had got my meditation to next level. I enjoy meditating but I often have a busy mind and then it is a big challenge to sit down and meditate. That is why I need to meditate :)

One of the reasons why I went back are the excursions in the early mornings. I just don’t have words to describe the feeling and sensations to sit and meditate on the cliffs close to the beach, on a viewpoint, in a temple or some other unique place, and see the sun rise. These excursions give me a perspective on life and the nature. I am happy that I have been able to go to all these places and see these lovely spots of Thailand.

This time the retreat was at the resort Tachawan. It is a perfect location for the meditation retreat. The resort is situated in a lovely and peaceful environment and the rooms are in Thaistyle. The staffs were very friendly and helpful. They did all their best to make the guests have a pleasant stay. The food is vegetarian and really delicious. I chose the program with yoga and thaimassage. Both the yoga and massage felt very good after a lot of sitting and meditation. It also feels good to take care of the time and strech out the body. My intention with the visit was 60 % to get more relaxed and fill up my batteries and 40 % to do meditation.

I had a very nice stay and I hope I can get soon back again. The retreat gave me an inner peace and I was very relaxed when I left. The challenge is now to keep up the meditation practice and mindfullness in the daily life. I look forward to get back here again!

Per

Room Tip: I stayed in the Deluxe Bungalows. I can really recomend this rooms.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

Life-changing? Before I arrived, I doubted it. By the time I left, I realised it was absolutely true.

What I liked about this retreat was that it is not "new age" - there is a serious philosophy to grapple with, so there is a mental as well as a physical element. Even if you come back with just one or two insights, that's enough.

I was there for five days, which was about right for a first time, I think. And I can honestly say that I cannot find fault. The accommodation was ideal, as was the food. The teaching was pitched at just the right level. This was confirmed to me one day when a guest speaker came in who was simply not of the same calibre at all. I have to say it's not cheap; but it's worth it, and I will definitely be going back.

Highly recommended.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Wrexham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

I can honest say that I am finding it hard to put into words what I have gained from the Dharana Phuket Meditation Centre retreat.

I had a curiosity and felt quite intrigued about meditation. I had attended just three meditation groups at home but I felt a little lost. While staying in Phuket I attended a number of free sessions which are held on a daily basis in chalong, I knew straight away as a result of attending the classes the retreat was the next step. I attended the three day retreat which went so fast, next time I will stay longer.

The retreat centre is stunning and at such an ideal location as it is so peaceful. I thought I knew what peace and quiet was ! (I have now experienced peace and quiet). The staff in the hotel are so friendly and the food so tasty (I recommend the fruit bowl). A sauna, steam room and Pool to be used as required.

Each morning we visited some stunning locations around the island to meditate. These places are not the typical tourist spots, they are genuine hide aways which will never be forgotten. Pre treat information is given, which gives excellent preparation and left me fully informed.

As this is all new to me and being a newbie so to speak, I was made to feel as ease at all times. I must say my personal journey was difficult, but with the help of Tobi this has been a life changing experience. I could only wish that Tobi lived nearer to me, so that I would attend on a regular basis. Tobi is a truly inspirational teacher who is full of loving kindness and is happy to answer any questions that may arise. I just hope I don't have to wait too long until I can visit again. Parn is such lovely person, made me feel so welcome and again I hope its not too long until we need again.

Please make sure you opt for a massage, I had a number of oil massages which deepened relaxation even more. The quality of staff is of great benefit who are also qualified. I am sure when I submit this review I would have missed something out. I can highly recommend this to people at all levels. Enjoy and I hope you get as much out of this as I have done.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Dharana-Phuket, Owner at Phuket Meditation Center, responded to this review, April 6, 2014
Dear Paula,

Thank you so very much for this fantastic review. We truly appreciate your time and effort to put this together and describe to everyone what you've experienced here. It's great to know you had such a nice stay here with us. :)
And of course we hope you can make it again soon :)

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

I was interested to learn meditation and came across the Phuket Meditation Centre on Trip Advisor. The reviews were amazing so I had to give it a go and I'm really glad I did.

The resort itself is nice, not super high end but very decent and relaxing so perfect for what you go there for. Food was great, very healthy but super tasty - I never felt hungry. And the teachings from Tobi were fantastic. He's an amazing guy, has some very profound insights.

The best part of the day is getting up early to drive to a beautiful place to meditate. You have a lot of time to practice by yourself later in the day which was also nice. The yoga sessions at the hotel were also well done with a good trainer.

Overall it's a fantastic place and if you're thinking about learning to meditate or relax this is definitely the place. I'm keen to go back again soon.

Thanks Tobi and Parn

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Dear Richard,
Thank you very much for the review. We are happy to see you here so often now and also to see you continue practice meditation with such great interest :)
If you keep the work up so seriously, you will get very far. And you are right - the morning excursions are definitely the highlight every day. :)
We hope to see you again sometime!

Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

Firstly, this is my first review ... of anything ever on the web. Secondly, I just returned yesterday from a 4 day retreat. I started it with what some might say a healthy dose of skepticism and doubt, but I left truly wanting more and wished I could extend my stay to complete a thorough 2 week experience. Similar to what others have said, Tobi and Parn are excellent hosts and their warmth was very evident throughout the trip - these are 2 good souls who seem very genuine in wanting to help people looking to find themselves.. or just people interested in meditation. There is a lot of great things to say about the experience I had and perhaps the best way I can sum it up is this: I have been to my fair share of typical vacations where my objective was to unwind and I thought good food, drink, scenery and some massages was all I needed to relax and refresh myself. I was wrong. This retreat relaxes you mentally like nothing else.. and the best part is you come back home equipped with the ability (with practice) to maintain that amazing state of relaxation. Their tag line of 'life changing' is hence, not an exaggeration - I highly recommend this.

PS>The morning excursion out to different amazing meditation spot every day was my favorite part of each day .. and I for one typically don't like waking up early on my vacation.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
You say: "I have been to my fair share of typical vacations where my objective was to unwind and I thought good food, drink, scenery and some massages was all I needed to relax and refresh myself. I was wrong. This retreat relaxes you mentally like nothing else.."

You sum up exactly at what we are really good at. Thanks for the lovely review and we hope you can make it and come back :)

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

My wife and I chose this retreat through the internet as it didn't appear all glamourous and picture/photo focused as other websites. It appeared simple and straight to the point. Indeed it was, Tobi and Parn are wonderful hosts. A set schedule of mindfulness meditation, self discovery, yoga that literally "stretched" your mind and body. Vegetarian meals were sensational and filling. Words are really inadequate to describe our overall experience. We recommend the experience to anyone that wants to get back to their true self, their true nature of being-ness......Thank you

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Two of You,
We are so happy that you found the way "to get back to their true self, their true nature of being-ness". Here at the center that's all we try to help our guests with. Nothing is more wonderful!

Blessings,
Tobi and Parn

Been to Phuket Meditation Center? Share your experiences!