“Day Trip to Racga Noi and Racha Yai” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Wahoo

Wahoo
The Sea Center, 48/20 Moo 9 | Soi Ao Chalong, Chalong, Phuket Town, Phuket 83130, Thailand
+66 76 281 510
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: Wahoo Phuket Yacht Charters - A yachting experience with friends. We offer private yacht cruises and game fishing tours to local islands, away from the mass tour groups enabling a unique secluded day whilst our friendly on board service to we do all they can to make it a truly memorable experience.
Dallas, Texas
“Day Trip to Racga Noi and Racha Yai”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Booked a trip on Wahoo for mny wife and I (October 29th 2012). The sea was a bit rough in the morning and I got sick (more on me than anything) but got past it. Crew was super and put us into dorado (Mahi-Mahhi). We got 6 of those over the span of about three hours or so. They took us up to the islands and we had a swim and snorkel and a bit of a nap. Crew made lunch. Wow very nice lunch. All made from the dorado we caught they flash fried a bit, made Yum Woonsen (clear noodles with fish sauce and lime with some chili), green curry, sashimi, and also a really good tom yum soup (clear soup with seasoning and the dorado). My wife is Thai and I love Thai food and I have to tell you. This was very surprising. Fresh rice, nice plates etc inside the boat this was WAY better then I would have ever expected, seriously good. After lunch and a rest and swim we headed back out to find Nok (birds) and get back on the bite. We were honestly a bit early for sailfish in the season but saw one and they put us into blue-fin tuna and my wife got two on one rod on a set they put us on.
We fished a bit more but that was the end of the catch for the day. They trolled us back just in case and we drank some water and watched the sun heading down. They surpised us once again with a full tray of fresh cut fruit they cut up again the small galley and served pineapple, honeydew and watermellon that we snacked on the way back in.

So here it is in total:
One day trip with 8 landed fish (six dorado and two bluefin tuna) we had a 7th dorado but he broke free at the boat so he doen't count) = very solid work for the season and happy. Understanding the season and that i have been skunked all over the world, any day you catch fish is a good day. We got 9 on and landed 8.

Craft and equipment also highly rated. The boat is very old but very solid and well refurbished. It motors slowly but hey you are pretty much going to run that speed anyway. For the price we paid for a day trip private for the two of us this craft was good and very well maintained. They made some fresh baits of their own to simulate local fish (we caught on lure and their fresh rigs) and all of the rods were current, well working and maintained Shimano gear.

Crew of three guys in their 20's - very highly rated. our guide spoke workable english and my wife only spoke thai to him a couple of times out of courtesy and also to get very specific information that you would not need for a very comfortable day speaking only english (I am American from Texas). They are beyond hostpitable and a solid crew. When fishing they had two dorado on at once in a set and the fish crossed over eachother. The guys backed down the boat correctly, cleared the tangle and landed both fish with my wife working one. They did not grab back the rods and it was efficient. they know what they are doing, the crew we had was no joke and they were talking about a tournament they were fishing in 2-3 weeks so they are into it big time.

Considering the price and what you get you would be well served to give this a try. Great crew, on fish, super food, they offered to let us keep the catch for local prep (we let them keep to create more of their custom baits and eat as well aside form the two dorado we ate with the crew on the boat) fresh fruit snacks, sodas and cold bottle water. This was a great trip. I would say do it for sure.

Visited October 2012

Toronto, Canada
3 attraction reviews
“Awesome Fishing Day”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

Spent the day fishing aboard the Wahoo 4. Staff was very friendly, if you get motion sickness easily, deep sea fishing might not be for you so be prepared. We were joined by Ting and his crew. They were all excellent... Very firendly and a pleasure to fish with. By far one of the best day trips of my entire 3 week stay in Asia. Record setting 6 sailfish, 24 tuna and 2 mahi mahi all in one day. We could not of asked for a better day or a more professional staff. Thanks Ting and the staff from Wahoo 4!

Visited July 2012
WOLLONGONG
15 attraction reviews
“Great value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

I have used Wahoo for the last couple of years on our annual sojourn in Phuket. The fishing in June was very sparse. The captain and deckies were always trying to put us in the right area to connect. Another reason for the paupacy of catch is I feel that the locations around Racha Noi & Yai have been overfished by all the charters that come out of Chalong Bay. I do feel that if different areas were targetted on a rotation basis the fishing would be more exciting. The food and service cannot be faulted as was the dedication of the crew.

Pedro the fisherman.

Visited June 2012
Hong Kong, China
“Now I know why they call it Wahoo.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012

I had the pleasure of fishing on Splendour for 3 days with some friends - i gotta say the experience was fantastic. While fishing was the main objective - and they certainly knew where the fish were - the whole trip was a fantastic experience. If you are thinking of a day trip these guys and their boats are the ones to use. The boat is beautiful and we had the luxury of sleeping onboard even though the boat would still be great for a day trip.
The big thing that impressed me was the Wahoo company itself and the crew - they were a key element that made the difference and I know it wasn't just for us - I am sure they treat all their passengers with the same care and sincerity.

Visited February 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
4 attraction reviews
“Wahoo 2012 Rawai FC”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012

The company Wahoo was fantastic, great service, great fishing, wonderful conditions. Food was amazing. Go fishing with these guys they know what they are doing. RBFC and the Wahoo 2012 competition was amazing. Will be back next year and with WAHOO

Visited February 2012