“Great Trip” 5 of 5 stars

+66 81 370 3181
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: With so many choices of fishing boats and various standards and prices, it is difficult to find the right operator for your fishing style and budget. I have been in the industry for 13 years and have local knowledge of every boat and crew in the Phuket Fishing fleet. My budget private charters start at only 12,000 baht and range through 23,500 baht and up to luxurt sports fishing vessels at over 100,000 baht per day.My fleet caters for the dedicated deep sea game fisherman and to those preferring a nice day on the water with a mix of fishing, snorkeling and island hopping. The choice is yours.For join-on day trips there is a choice of budget 2,100 baht for the (up to) 12 person boat sharing, holiday outing "not so serious" with the local Thai fishermen or for 3,500 baht trip for the top of the range fishing excursion with tournament standard equipment and crew.Multi-day trips for dedicated fishing or fun boating to the closer islands of Racha Yai and Racha Noi and to world famous Similan Islands are popular also.
Hong Kong
“Great Trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

We made arrangements through Steve to go out one of the boats with just one days notice. He was extremely helpful in providing information and answering all of our questions because we were travelling with two yound kids (13 and 9 years old). Upon arrival at Chalong Pier, Steve greeted us and gave us the run down on the day. Essentially, it was whatever we wanted to do for the day. We could go to one of the islands and laze around or we could do some snorkeling or we could do some fishing or a combination of everything because it was our boat for the day. The boat was big enough to hold probably 15 people and we had it all to ourselves. There was plenty of room. The boat we were on wasn't fast....what is the rush anyway? We were on holiday and just wanted to relax and enjoy the beautiful weather and the beautiful scenery. After we got out of Chalong Bay the boat boy told us to help ourselves to drinks and then he started to set fishing lines. After about 20 minutes the captain would steer the boat to where schools of tunas were feeding and that's when the action started. We started to reel in small tunas (about 2 lbs. each) and the kids loved it. After trolling around for about 2 hours we headed to one of the islands to snorkel. It was absolutely gorgeous. The water was so clear we could easily see 30 feet below. We brought some bread and started feeding the fish. When we threw bread in the water hundreds of fishes would just join in the feast. I then taught my son how to snorkel and within 30 minutes he was just loving it and snorkelling around by himself. It was now time for lunch and the boat boy prepared a simple lunch but what was great was that he filleted one of the tunas we caught and fried it up. Delicious and it doesn't get fresher than that. After lunch we rested for a bit and did a bit more snorkelling and then the kids wanted to go fishing again. We picked up anchor and then went fishing again! After we got into a bit deeper water the boat boy set the fishing lines out again and again, scouted for schools of tuna. After a while we hit a few schools and the kids were just reeling these things in like crazy. As it was getting late in the afternoon we started working our way back to Chalong. As we started getting close to Chalong we got another hit and my son pulled in a small Dorado (Dolphin Fish) which he said looked like an alien fish. As we got close to Chalong Bay the boat boy pulled out all the fish we caught and laid it on the deck. We ended up catching 36 tunas (including the one we had for lunch) and 1 dorado. What a day. The kids are now nuts about snorkelling and fishing. Thanks Steve for making this such a wonderful trip.

Visited June 2012

Sydney, Australia
“Phuket fishing charters”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

Great trip ... two HUGE fish and a lot of laughs with a great crew. We fished in May which is not the best time to go, however we still managed a 30lb Spaniard and a 20lb GT. Awesome day out !

Visited April 2012
Melbourne
“Good trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2012

I went on the fishing trip organised through Steve with 10 friends on a stag do.
Steve was clear and quickly responsive during the booking period and his driver turned up on time to pick us up from our villa. On arrival at the pier Steve was there and took us to buy beer before we got on the boat.
It was slightly disappointing that Steve didn't accompany us as he seemed a great chap, but I guess he can't go out with every boat.
The facilities on board were excellent, comfy lounge, lovely deck and most importantly a cool box full of ice for our beers!
We went cruising round the islands and whilst the crew weren't overly talkative, they let us run amok on the boat the whole day.
Lunch was excellent as was the stop for snorkelling.
Like other posters, we were perhaps a tiny bit disappointed with the lack of fish caught. The lines run off the back so there is not actually much to do yourselves. However, right at the end of the day we landed a tuna fish, which made for great excitement.

I should also mention that we left a mobile phone on the boat and the crew very honestly returned this to Steve and then back to our villa, which was very nice to see.

Thanks Steve - I would go again.

Visited April 2012
Twillingate, Canada
“Blog about my trip on Phuket Fishing Charters”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012

This blog is from the Lewisporte Pilot (Lewisporte Newfoundland Canada) A very good day with Phuket Fishing Charters aboard the Wahoo 4.

Visited March 2012
Novosibirsk, Russia
“My First Game Fish”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2012

I am so excited about catching my biggest ever game fish last week.
I have done just about every type of fresh water fishing in 7 countries and been on reef fishing expeditions in Australia, east and west coast, New Zealand and Indonesia. I decided it was time to try the deep sea sports fishing while on holiday in Phuket.
I checked a few web sites and chose the Phuket Fishing Charters as it had the most boats and price selections and Steve was by far the most informative with responses.
I also liked the idea that he was the only one trusting me, not needing deposits or prepayment.
There were really bargain boats available but we had a bit extra in our budget so paid more for a very nice 56 footer. The equipment was the top of the range and in excellent condition, the food excellent and the crew spoke quite good English. A pleasure to enjoy the day with these friendly local experts.
I told the captain that quality of catch took precedent over quantity so the crew rigged up for the big ones and we headed further out to Racha Noi Island. We hooked a few medium tuna which went into the pan for extra lunch but no luck on the big hooks.
Mind you, friends have spent fortunes all over the world and often caught nothing at all but I kept my hopes alive while holding a cold Singha beer as comfort. My partners in the charter were resting in the air conditioned cabin when whammo, excitement all round, boat slowed suddenly as the captain pulled back on the gas and the crew scrambling to action stations. The exhilarating feeling that took over was worth every penny spent. The sail fish did just what the videos show, jumping and flashing in the sunlight.
My arms were tired by the time the magnificent creature was brought to the side of the boat for the crew to let it go. The buzz from this went through us all and the story went on well after we got to our hotel and next day. It is still a main point of talk about our holiday in Phuket
Perhaps we were lucky on the day but now I know why all of those people worldwide pay lots to hook one of these fish. I am hooked myself!
The day would have been totally satisfactory with the boat, nice cruise, scenic islands and things provided and the few tuna but we got the big one too!
Well worth it.