As halfly an insider in hotel furnishings, I am surprised to see this hill side Phuket hotels offers quality beddings which is competible to business hotels. Obviously the built of each individual villa has been specially designed to accommodate and slot in very well with the unique hill side slope. Though we were offered a choice, we preferred the villa surrounded by trees rather than the high up villa which the sea view is too far and clustered of local huts could be seen and creates no pleasant look.
The bed has down underlay, down comforter and pillows. The bathtub is oval shape but equipped with a bit of a sitting step for which makes it workable apart from looking stylish. Ceiling is carefully lighted up to give this moody look. All details are carefully taken care of.
The only drawback is, though, the staircase is being located outside the room with no fencing at some part which drives us nervous when our 6-year-old super naughty son keep jumping around shakily. The wooden slats next to the pool is being painted in brown paint so the pool looks local and a bit outdated. We expect to see natural finish wooden slates at this area. The bar table next to pool is not welcoming as it is at the underside and too much little insects as the back of the little area is open to hill slope. Possibly the back of the hill could be blocked and a better lighting arrangement be installed and bar table be changed to some low consoles for lazy pool side lifestyle. This area could be utilized much better. The glass door for drawing room, while opened, hits some part of the swimming pool and it could trigger a possible unwanted accident. This one should be locked permanently. Day bed in lower deck could be lined with towel for after swim relaxation. Obviously guest did lie on it with their body wet so the bed textile looks a bit worn out.
With this very quality lighting arrangement, the management could possibly think about to install an AV system which, while dimming out the light, an automatic music to be played.
Though, I have no hesitation in recommending this Villa to anyone we wish to hide away in quality villa away from beaches.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Zolitude Hotel
- Villa Zolitude Hotel Chalong
- Zolitude Hotel Chalong
- Villa Zolitude Resort And Spa Phuket/Chalong
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Small and Intimate, nested on the heart of a hill overlooking the Andaman Sea. The Villa Zolitude, hidden in the hillside exotic jungle. Whilst tropical oasis has an air of rustic charm, it is as luxurious and sophisticated as you could wish.Each exclusive cottage is an exotic fusion of earth and Moroccan luxurious touch; a level of sophistication, stylish in accommodation and service that vividly contrasts with the primeval environment. Game drives and excursions are arranged to meet the wild life at close quarters and guests can explore their own roots, the pearl of Andaman. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Splendia, Agoda, Tingo, Venere and Otel so you can book your Villa Zolitude Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.