“Amazing restaurant. Well worth a visit.” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Cuisines: Bistro
Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Murphs Bistro is an award winning family-run business established in 2006 by Susan and Fergus Murphy and has taken up residence in the famous 1809 built Derragarra Inn on Main Street, Butlers Bridge. Ideal for families, the Derragarra hosts an outdoor play area for children. Boasting a vast river terrace it is also the ideal spot for al fresco dining. This one hundred seater restaurant & bar is conveniently located just a five minute drive north of Cavan town. Chef & Proprietor Fergus Murphy has worked in some of the best kitchens in the world, including 2 Star Michelin Restaurant Le Gavroche under Albert Roux. He has also worked with Chef Michel from Celebrity Masterchef.
Dublin, Ireland
“Amazing restaurant. Well worth a visit.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

I have eaten many times in this restaurant.the early bird menu is great value and the al a carte menu will not disappoint.The food is always excellent.the steaks are cooked to perfection. The staff are very friendly and attentive. I will definitely be eating there again in the near future and I would highly recommend this restaurant to anybody coming to cootehill.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

County Cavan, Ireland
“Excellent resturant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

I have been to this resturant many times. The standard of food is excellent with many differnet choices and very reasonably priced. Staff are very friendly and helpfull. Would definately recommend it .Early bird menu starts at 5 and is good value and a good selection.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
cavan
“Delicious Meal,excellent Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

My sister and I were returning to Cavan,after a christmas shopping trip to Dundalk,
both starving,but really didn't want chipper food,we called in to Murph's Bistro,after 9pm,hoping they could fit us in with no reservation and even though they were extremely busy,they seated us near the bar and promised us the next available table.Our food and drink's order was taken while waiting to be seated and we didn't have to wait long,only 15 to 20 minutes.Our drinks were on the table when we were seated and our starter of Garlic mushrooms arrived straight away,delicious,followed by Cock and bull,a delicious combination of Steak and chicken,on a bed of champ,with pepper sauce,cooked to perfection,absolutely mouth watering.We finished of with rasberry roulade,tea and coffee,a delectable finish to a meal we were very glad we had waited for.The staff were very attentive and loved the water jug per person,nice touch and very reasonably priced.I will definetly be recomending Murph's Bistro to my friends and even though it's out of my way,I will definetly be making another trip to Cootehill for a repeat performance.

Visited December 2012