“Excellent” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

We went here as part of a christening party. The food was fantastic, we had very little waiting considering we booked that day. Really quick service and reasonably price. We Will be back!

• Visited September 2013

100% Recommend
Bangor N Ireland
“magnificent Establishment.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

Whilst visiting area with my own family and my brother's family from neighbouring Lisnaskea, 15 of us decided to have a meal in Anglers Rest. This was a short notice to the Restaurant. However, we were told that there was no problem in having the Meal All 15 of us were directed to our tables and these were quickly dressed. in a matter of minutes we were requesting some refreshments prior to making our meal selections. Our food orders were professionally taken. Quite a number of Group had no experience of quality and quantity of food per portion. Two of these people were from Belieze and one other from South Africa. He was known for being capable of making a large stake disappear. (he didn't know about size of large sirloin). All meals came in no time. The surprise on diners faces was worth watching. Most did manage to eat all of their main meal. Certainly no Sweets or
The Price of the meal and drinks were very reasonable and if one had been in a different Restaurant the cost would have been considerably more.
My brother and I did speak to the Proprietor. He too took pride in seeing 15 persons leaving his premises after having eating well and some light consumption of alcohol. Great evening. Great Place

• Visited July 2013
Dublin, Ireland
“Good Steak”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

With few choices to pick from in Ballyconnell, this is by far the best. With reasonably price meals and great service, we visited here frequently. I would recommend the minute steak as its a really big portion to finish. Good job.

Newtownards, United Kingdom
“Best Steak dinner I've had for years”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Was on a short holiday in the area and was speaking to a local police officer who told me about The Anglers Rest.It looks small from the street but opens out once you get inside.
The small bar area as you go in with a couple of steps up to the seated part.
I was on my own and as soon as I entered was greeted by a friendly barman asking if I wanted a drink or a meal.It was early evening and the it was quite busy.I had a Guinness complete with shamrock on the top.The menu has a good selection from steaks to fresh Fish.
I opted for a sirloin steak with chips.When it arrived it was enormous over 1 1/2 inches thick and about 10 inches long!
As you all know looks aren't everything so I started it was the best sirloin I've tasted in Years,perfectly cooked and full of flavour.I Would recommend the Anglers Rest to anyone.The steak was 22 euros.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Another great meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

Another great meal in one of the true gems of Ireland, if you ever find yourself in co. Cavan co. Leitrim or Fermanagh don leave before you've eaten at this place always a pleasure