“food room golf” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Ballyconnell
Tralee, Ireland
“food room golf”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

We arrived to very welcoming staff, shared a spacious room with friend two double beds. The golf course is a must its forgiving to a wayward shot yet very challenging, its in my top five and as a 55 year old i have played a few courses. The food was excellent,evening meal is a must and the staff at hotel and pro shop were so nice.Looking forward to return visit

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Tony_Walker_GM, General Manager at Slieve Russell Hotel Golf and Country Club, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Dear Reviewer. Thank you for your review and I am delighted to read your kind comments regarding staff, your room and the golf course. I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Slieve Russell in the future. Kind regards, Tony Walker.

702 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
n.ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

We have just returned from a Groupon Deal in this hotel. We had been there for an afternoon a few years ago and thought we were in for the same disappointment. What a surprise we had. All the staff were very friendly and helpful. The room was amazing! As we were there on a deal, we thought we would be in a standard room. If this was a standard room all I can say is WOW!
The room was big with a fabulous view over the golf course and lake beyond.The bathroom was also big with bath and seperate shower and everywhere was immaculate. We played golf on the par 3 and the championship courses. Both well kept and challenging and again very helpful and friendly staff in the shop and bar, which didn't improve the golf any!!If walking is your thing there are plenty of wonderful paths around the grounds and a tennis court if you're feeling energetic. Breakfast each morning was delicious with a variety of cooked and cold food. Each morning we were seated immediately and our order taken for tea or coffee and toast.The staff were very efficient without being intrusive.I also used the pool and sauna. The leisure facilities were well kept and this is an enjoyable way to spend a few hours when it's raining. There is also the Ciuin Spa and Wellness centre and a gym. We couldn't fault anything during our stay and will definitely be going back. P.S. Can you find the Secret Garden?

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the golf course. Some rooms have balconys which would be a bonus if the w...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Reviewer. Thank you for your lovely review and I am delighted to read your comments regarding your room, golf, breakfast and leisure centre. I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the future. Kind regards, Tony Walker.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

I booked an overnight package for myself and my fiancé as a surprise for his 30th birthday.
As we drove up we were immediately impressed by the beautiful surroundings and the open spaced reception. We were checked in by a friendly receptionist who was very helpful and warmly welcomed us to the hotel.
Our room was a deluxe; excellent size and a beautiful view of the grounds, the golf and the lake.
We were really taken aback by the lovely gesture that the hotel provided for my fiancé: a small box of beautiful chocs and a half bottle of very drinkable wine!
Our meal in the restaurant (not setanta can't think of the name!) was Devine. I enjoyed a Roquefort soufflé, the duck and luxurious ice creams and my fiancé had soup steak and fondant. The service was excellent and it really was a beautiful meal.
We both slept like babies and the bed was extremely comfortable.
Breakfast in the morning again we were really impressed with the selection and despite being busy we were seared very quickly.
All staff members were so pleasant and seemed they genuinely wanted to say hello to us.
It was a wonderful relaxing stay and we can't wait to go back.

• Stayed April 2013
Tony_Walker_GM, General Manager at Slieve Russell Hotel Golf and Country Club, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Dear Reviewer. Thank you for your wonderful review and I am delighted to read your kind comments regarding your bedroom, food and staff. I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Slieve Russell in the future. Kind regards, Tony Walker.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

We booked the hotel via a Groupon Deal and being here before many years ago I didn't know what to expect. From the minute we booked in by a cheery young colleen we knew we were going to enjoy the two night stay. On entering the room it was bright and airy with lovely views over the lawn to the golf course and lake. Everything was immaculate. The shower while small was super - a power shower, which I like. The afternoon tea was very nice and her that is to be obeyed when dividing the small pastries looked in horror as I scoffed mine and looked down her throat. The hotel was relaxing and a beautiful sanctuary from Narnia in Belfast where we travelled from. I used the gym and while small did the job for what I needed - not a lot! We ate in the Setanta Restaurant both nights. Both nights turbo was had, me on the first night and her ladyship on the other night and it was nice. I had venison the second night and it has been a long time since I have had it cooked like this - simply perfect. Breakfast was semi-self service and if I had a gripe at all it was the slow delivery of toast on the first morning and the wait for coffee the second morning but hey ho no big deal! Her indoors and I will be back for sure, Groupon deal or no Groupon deal. Go on treat yourself and have a few days in the Slieve Russell, you know you want to! It's a must!

• Stayed March 2013
Dear Reviewer. Thank you for your lovely review and I am so pleased to read your positive comments regarding your room, afternoon tea and dinner in the Setanta Restaurant. I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the future. Kind regards, Tony Walker.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

We both slept like babies and the bed was extremely comfortable.
It was a wonderful relaxing stay and we can't wait to go back.

liverpool
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

Gorgeous hotel, perfect for family stays! Friendly, welcoming staff. Pool really warm and well kept! Kids club excellent. Beautiful food, great service in the restaurant. Gardens are absolutely beautiful, so well maintained. Cannot fault this hotel, we had a great stay, looking forward to returning.

• Stayed April 2013
Tony_Walker_GM, General Manager at Slieve Russell Hotel Golf and Country Club, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Dear Reviewer. Thank you for your review and I am delighted to read your positive comments regarding Kid’s Club, food and service. I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Slieve Russell in the future. Kind regards, Tony Walker.
Derry
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

This is a fantastic hotel for a complete get away! It has a stunning enterance with a beautiful fountain (lit at night), lovely golf course and a beautiful walk around the grounds with well kept gardens. We had a room at the front overlooking the fountain - the bed was huge and very comfortable. Breakfast was good but the menu in the bar could do with updating. The pool, spa and surrounding areas were clean and very relaxing. The staff were very friendly but not in your face! The bar and lobby areas had lots of seating with open fires - excellent hotel all round.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Reviewer. Thank you for your review and I am very happy to read your kind comments regarding your room, pool, spa, lobby and staff. I do hope I have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the future. Kind regards, Tony Walker.

Been to Slieve Russell Hotel Golf and Country Club? Share your experiences!