“A comfortable rustic experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of TJ Ranch

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Arecibo
TJ Ranch
You added TJ Ranch to your Saves list
HC4 Box 14926, Arecibo PR 00612, Puerto Rico   |
Ranked #1 of 4 Arecibo B&B and Inns
Natick, Massachusetts
“A comfortable rustic experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

We stayed at TJ Ranch primarily because I wanted to visit the Arecibo Observatory and were wonderfully surprised at what fun experience it turned out to be. Juanito and Tony are welcoming hosts who really want you just to have a good experience. Tony made some awesome meals and the property is really beautiful.

At night we had the sounds of the forest lullaby us to sleep in our clean, cozy, comfy casita! TJ Ranch is a perfect change of pace from traditional hotels and resorts and I highly recommend it!

Room Tip: I rate rooms a 4 only because I'm fussy about pillows, they are otherwise comfortable and clean.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank MichWalker

Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

We had a GREAT time at TJs Ranch! We stumbled upon this place through Tripadvisor, so thank you for all those who post! If you are looking to head into Puerto Ricos interior this is the best place to stay. The scenery up to the ranch is breath taking and your views once you get their are remarkable. Joan and Tony, much like all other reviewers have said, are welcoming hosts. Tony really enjoys cooking for his guests and it shows through his delicious dishes. And the portion size cannot be beat. Best meals I had while in Puerto Rico (well, expect for a fish sandwich in Boqueron).
I gave TJs 4 stars because the bed was not comfortable at all. I was waiting for it to break every time my husband and I climbed into bed. Other then that the casita was quaint with a great shower!
I should mention that I was 6 months pregnant during my trip to PR. At TJs I was able to relax and be well feed. I want to mention one more thing, it is in the mountain and therefore the drive up is best done during the day...got that...drive up during the day.
Thanks TJs Ranch for giving us memorable moments of our time in Puerto Rico!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank colombiatraveler1
Somerville, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

For those who are seeking an escape from the regular hotel/B&B experience, this is for you. It's off the beaten path, nestled in the whimsy of winding mountain roads. Finding it is part of the experience and a great part. High up in the hills, you will find a serene and relaxing experience awaiting you. Our hosts were wonderful. We enjoyed our food (vegetarian and non) and drinks in their company and in the company of the other guests, which was also wonderful. We felt comfortable in our casita, lulled to sleep by the sounds of the forest around. Our little house had everything we needed, was clean, and fun to get to stay in. The pool was nice to relax in and around, as well as the restaurant area and lower grounds, where we read books and planned our next adventures. We highly recommend TJ Ranch!

Room Tip: For those who are interested in seeing some of the real landscape of PR. The road leading up to the...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Emily S
Baltimore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Juanita and Tony were wonderful hosts! Juanita is a great hostess and Tony is really into cooking and making people happy with his food. It's a really neat property-lots of flowers, fruit trees, birds, etc. It is not the easiest place to access but if you really want to go "to a camp" this is the place for you. The cabins are basic but fine. They have fans and electricity. The pool is nice too.
It is very quiet and calm. Unfortunately I was not feeling well and Juanita tried her best to accommodate me. They were also very helpful with maps and directions. It is super quiet and a great place to unwind.

Room Tip: There is no "bad" cabin, everything is very close to each other. but beware that if you ha...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
Tecumseh, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

Thank you for giving my mother and me a night we will never, ever forget! The casita was lovely, the environment was indescribably lovely, and you made us feel like old friends come back to visit from the moment we arrived. Folks, this is a place you do not want to miss. It is pure magic...your worries just melt away and you are transported to another dimension during your time here. I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Fran T
The Villages, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

Thank you, Juanita and Tony, for making our stay memorable! Tony, we're still talking (months later!) about the delicious octopus salad that you fixed for us! The best we've ever had! The conch also was excellent. But, above all, we'll remember your friendliness. You also set up our visit to the plantation next door. Another great experience touring a working farm -- coffee, plantains, citrus and peppers. Thank you for that too! We'd love to see you again some day!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Longmont, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

We really enjoyed TJ Ranch as a place to stay in late June after a day at some of the local caves and the observatory. We had tried to book a hotel room--all full, so we called this place on a whim, thinking it would be full too, but they booked us on less than a day's notice. Summer is their low season.

The hosts are interesting people. Tony reminds me of a latter-day Puerto Rican Henry David Thoreau...if Thoreau lived in the mountains, liked to have a good time, and was endearingly profane.

If you come, I recommend you get here while it's still daylight and stay for more than one night if you can. We got there late, already dark, and couldn't see how beautiful the place was until morning. Slept wonderfully with all of the insect and coqui sounds. In the morning had a blast wandering around, checking out the papaya, china, and guineo trees. Then an excellent breakfast of fresh tropical fruit, quick breads, eggs, bacon, and potatoes. Quick swim in the pool, and headed out. Like I said--would have enjoyed more time and to have had dinner at the restaurant. I think Tony's quite the chef.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Esteban W
Also consider these accommodations in or near Arecibo
Royal Isabela
Hotel El Guajataca
#1 of 2 in Quebradillas
3.0 of 5 stars 104 reviews
Parador Villas del Mar Hau

Been to TJ Ranch? Share your experiences!