“Oh dear, the ship is sinking..........avoid.” 1 of 5 stars

Save 10-30%
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Blanchardstown
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Oh dear, the ship is sinking..........avoid.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2010

I have stayed at this hotel, with my family, for several days every six months or so, since it opened. After checking out today, I will not be checking in again- Under any circumstances.
To be brief, I am a Priority Club Platinum Ambassador, so the IHG brands are those I generally trust.
Everything is too much for the little darlings they employ as 'staff', and the word 'hospitality' is a word with no meaning to most of the staff I had the misfortune of coming across.
We had problems all along the way- No smile or proper welcome, complimentary items not in the room, cleaners who don't wish to clean, waiting staff who don't know how to serve, reception staff who don't smile, and who are rude. We ended up cleaning our own room, and aside from breakfast, we chose to eat outside- Believe me, the food is okay, but the restaurant managers are in the wrong jobs.
The hotel was unfortunately busy, and so they'll probably get away with it, but I hope that people vote with their wallets and stay away.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
35318977777, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Dublin - Blanchardstown, responded to this review, October 27, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay. I am deeply saddened to hear that your experience of our hotel was so far below the standard that you have come to expect from both this hotel and other IHG properties, and the level of service that guests typically enjoy at our hotel.

I appreciate that the review you have posted has been a brief out line for the benefit of other travellers; however I would very much appreciate the opportunity to discuss your experience further if you could please forward me a contact number, my email address is dgreig@cpblanchardstown.ie

I’d also like to take this opportunity to most sincerely apologise to you for the experience that you have had on this recent stay.

David Greig
Front of House Manger

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2010

Every time I travel abroad I stay in Crowne Plaza Blanchardstown 1 day before my trip.It is very easy to get to Airport by Urbus.I like the hotel as the price is good and it is very clean and modern. Unfortunately every time during my stay I have bad experience with poor customer service. It seems like staff does not give a dam about your needs. I have stayed 5 times at this hotel and 3/5 times I had to experience poor work from members of staff. I ordered a meal which I was waiting for 50 min. During that time I received no apologies for delay, instead I had to run to them twice asking how long it will take. It was a simple dish chips and burger. Same was for room service, waited over an hour. In bathroom there was no hair conditioner so my girlfriend called reception asking for one, they promised to bring one right away and never did, after calling them 2 more times I gave up. Next morning had to complain at reception.
Its a great hotel but they should teach there staff to meet, greet and know there job.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2010

Stayed here on numerous occasions for work purposes. Very stylish, always a perk for weary frequent travellers! Comfortable, spotless rooms, good selection of TV channels and movies. Restaurant food quality and service usually good. Would stay again when working in area.

Minor gripe that In-room information guide talks of Broadband access and Combs etc available if forgotten, when I actually needed both- none available. Slightly annoying..

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Christchurch, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2010

Excellent hotel which can be expected of a Crowne Plaza. We had a rental car so found the location excellent and included complimentary car parking. All amenities and rooms were excellent. We stayed for four nights and would definitely stay again. Congratulations to the Crowne Plaza, Blanchardstown, Dublin.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Tyrone
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2010

We had stayed at this hotel before and thought it was one of the best hotels in Dublin by far, location is brilliant only a short drive from dublin city centre and it is situated within the grounds of the huge blanchardstown shopping centre, perfect for a relaxing weekend or a shopping trip - hotel is fabulously decorated and staff are ectremely helpful - food is tremendous and overall couldnt fault it one bit

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Plant City, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2010

I will preface this review by telling you that I am a travel agent and always look at hotels with the eye of an agent looking after the best interests of her clients. With that said, I will certainly recommend this hotel to any and all of my clients traveling to Dublin.

We arrived on a Friday morning at the Crowne Plaze following an 8.5 hour flight from Orlando. Since our flight got into Dublin early (7:30am) we picked up our rental van and decided to take oour chances with an early check in. We had reserved 3 rooms. When we arrived at the hotel at approximately 10:00 am, we were told that one room was ready, but if we could wait just an hour or so, all three rooms would be ready. No problem- we headed just across the street to the Blanchardstown Mall and enjoyed breakfast and a stroll through the mall. We returned to the hotel after the one hour wait and all 3 rooms were, indeed, ready. The hotel is beautiful, the reception staff extremely helpful and accomodating and the location, for us, was wonderful. I will say if you want the hustle and bustle of downtown Dublin, this hotel may not be for you as it is approximately a 10 - 15 minute drive into the city, but for us, it was perfect!

We had a lovely view of the mountains and the mall- which as I mentioned is conveniently located across the street from the hotel. The rooms were immaculate and of a very good size and the beds were comfortable. I have not one negative comment about the hotel at all. Parking was easy, elevators quick and efficient, and coffee in the lobby each morning was good and complimentary. I can recommend this hotel without hesitation, if- as previously mentioned, you want to be outside the city centre area.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2010

Stayed for two nights on business and had no problem in any regard about the hotel. Rooms are spacious and clean. Food was room service but very nice. The hotel is west of dublin, so your own transport would be an idea to get around. Speaking of transport the M50 is now a barrier free toll road, note barrier free not free! your registration number is read by cameras and you have till 8pm the following day to pay on line! A car costs €3 one way. The toll cameras are situated approx at J7/J8 on the motorway. The hotel is next to Blandchardsown shopping Mall and various superstores Matallan, JJb, and many others so its possible to spend a days shopping within touching distance of the hotel Would certainly go back without hesitation.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business

Been to Crowne Plaza Dublin - Blanchardstown? Share your experiences!