“One of the best places I've ever been to!” 5 of 5 stars

Padre Burgos Castle Resort
Tangkaan, Padre Burgos, Southern Leyte Province 6602, Philippines   |
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Padre Burgos
Moscow
“One of the best places I've ever been to!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2010

The Leyte Island is a wonderful place for diving. I've come to go diving with my friends.The underwater nature impressed me very much - a variety of fishes and corals was marvellous! After diving I could have a rest at The Padre Burgos Castle Resort. I like it for it's comfortable rooms, very beautiful area with a swimming pool and realy nice beach. The seaview out of my room was also cool! Every day started with a classic music and delicious breakfast. There were a variety of dishes and I really liked the service. That spacial atmosphere was made by owners David and Dalia Warren. Thanks a lot for their hospitality. That was a great vocation that I won't forget!

• Stayed March 2010

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2010

A "homestay" in a castle so should we say "castlestay"?

This is just too good to keep as a secret. Especially in a place as remote as the southern tip of Leyte.

All of the reviews have been really honest and true - we know that for a fact. We stayed in PBCR end of March for 6 nights and indeed enjoyed every moment we spent there.

Being divers, we were unsure of how the set-up would work for us because we ideally prefer booking ourselves in the dive resort itself. It just makes gearing and setting-up easier. But after our experience, we would definitely consider doing this again because David & Delia's (the owners) attention to us made the whole arrangement a million times more memorable and unforgettable.

What else do you say when you get to dive in sites that are of world-class quality and then at the end of the day get "out-of-the-ordinary" hosts/accommodation rolled into one??

The personal service that you get when you stay in the Castle is just like spending your holiday in a relative's place. Rooms are spacious, clean and organized. Food can be chosen, ordered and prepared to your liking, served when you like it and where you want it. Icing on the cake -- they have a gorgeous beach front that you can put up as a screensaver!

They only have 5 rooms so make sure you book fast...

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
Amersfoort
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2010

We stayed at Padre Burgos Castle Resort from Christmas 2009 until January 7, 2010. In one word: PERFECT!! David and Delia and their staff are doing everything to make you feel like a queen/king. All of the rooms are cosy and tastefully decorated. Delia is a wonderful cook. David gave us advise about the wines, we tried them all. And the girls/men of the staff are offering a special, friendly but professional service in a warm atmosphere. We can recommend this castle resort in combination with the Sogod Bay Scuba Resort, where we were diving every day (3 dives per day). David was our private taxidriver every morning and afternoon to and from the diving resort. So, if you would like to stay in Leyte: Padre Burgos Castle Resort is the place to go!!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with friends
Doha, Qatar
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2010

My wife and I shared eight nights at the Padre Burgos Castle Resort and found that its intimate atmosphere and wonderful setting were exactly what we needed to recharge our batteries.
The hotel has only five guest rooms, but is equipped with a large and airy lounge/dining room and a small but delightful swimming pool. Steps lead down to a private beach, which offers room to sunbathe or to shelter from the sun for the whole day. Swimming and snorkelling off the beach, in clear blue water, is enhanced by the discrete yet efficient service from the bar and restaurant.
My wife is the diver and she thoroughly enjoyed the sites she visited with Sogod Bay Divers. She found all her dives interesting and very competitively priced. On a couple of the days she was diving I explored the rather wonderful local neighbourhood and found the local people some of the friendliest I'd encountered anywhere.
We found that the service and meals were simply first class; the owners, David and Delia, and their staff went out of their way to ensure our holiday was one of the best we've had. Another thing that made the holiday so good, I suppose the highpoint of our trip, was swimming with the whale sharks off Sarangani Island; what an experience!
The location of the hotel, at the end of a long peninsula could be seen as a disadvantage but transport into town or to the dive centres is always available and thus the seeming isolation becomes a major plus point rather than a negative, and allowed us to experience that "get away from it all" feeling throughout our stay.
I'm struggling to find anything negative to say so as to balance this comment a bit, but I can't really come up with anything.
Padre Burgos Castle Resort is a wonderful place to enjoy the fine things in life, wash away those winter blues and experience the Philippines at their best.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Weisslingen, Zürich
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2009

I can’t remember that somebody in the Philippines treated us like a Royal Family. That’s right, at the Castle in Padre Burgos; you will be treated like a Queen and a King... and this from the personal pick-up of David in Ormoc, as to the daily meals prepared by Delia with the freshest ingredients and with all her love.

The rooms are cozy, functional, clean and quiet, the infrastructure of the Resort simple, but in best conditions, inclusive the Wine cart with David’s personal selected wines – good, served at the right temperature and affordable.

My wife and I, where so happy – to be honest, we were surprised, and more than satisfied with all the care and love Delia, David and the Castle Team spoiled us, so that we will be back this coming summer with our 4 children and friend’s.

If we can recommend you “the Paradise on earth” go and let you spoil by Delia, David and the Castle Team…

…it’s not a dream, it’s real!

Alfredo & Lumenaria
www.healing-power.ch

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Bern, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2009

My girlfriend and I were travelling around the Philippines for five weeks this spring. If you'd ask me about our best stay in the country, we would answer without hesitation: Padre Burgos Castle Resort.
Sounds like a commercial, but it's honest. You'd like to hear some reasons: Charming rooms with all amenities one could wish, beautiful private beach, great terrace to relax, the best food we enjoyed during our journey & what a charming pool with a view that's amazing. Not to forget: The hospitality of Dalia and David!
We went there to snorkel with the whale sharks, we got far more...

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Istanbul
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2009

My self, my wife and my 4 months old daughter, we were just scouting Leyte - home island of my wife - by our rented car.
Before starting to our long trip we had just decided to overnight when the sun goes down. We did'nt know that night we arrived to Padre Burgos Castle Resort that there was a Shining Pearl in Leyte replacing sun when it becomes dark.
I was very impressed at first seeing such beautiful resort in Leyte known unfortunately as having unsufficient tourism accomodation facilities.
David & Delia worked hard to renovate this castle into a magnefic resort.
All chosen materials are perfect.
Living room makes you feel like you are at your home; different kind of books, TV, video..
Rooms are large,comfortable, clean, you have what you need.
Dining room is cool even it is hot outside.
Generator is ready to replace for unexpected electricity cuts.
The bar, extreme cold beer and others really fantastic.
Well designed and positioned pool makes you fresh after your return from the beach.
The beach ! Unsual for Leyte mostly having dark sand, here the white sand and great opportunity discovering corals waiting for you.
You will be in comfort on the beach with your sheltered area and I guess the bar is coming there soon.
Meals ! Not cooked by an ordinary person, the owner, Delia is in the kitchen to offer delicious Filipino and western food.
Heartfelt interest ! David, he knows and feels the needs of the customer, his intention will always be to make you happy and comfortable. He will try you make you busy with unlimited possibilities around the resort, snorkeling, diving, hiking, boating to next beautiful island.
In short, you must taste this pleasure and stay in the Shinig Pearl of Leyte !!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family

Been to Padre Burgos Castle Resort? Share your experiences!