We recently stayed at Padre Burgos Castle on our honeymoon. We were sadly on a tight time schedule and only managed to stay for 2 nights. We would have loved to come and relax for longer. We were made to feel really welcome from the moment we arrived. Delia cooked the most incredible food which she discussed with us each day.
Our main reason for going to this area of the Philippines was to swim with whale sharks. We didn't see them the 1st time we went out although this seems to have been a freakish anomoly but were amazed the 2nd day when we went out for a half day and 5 were spotted. We swam with one of these for 20 mins. A 6.5metre long whale shark. AMAZING! David was our guide. He seemed genuinely dedicated to helping us see the whale sharks and having an amazing day out in the area with an amazing beach bar-b-q. I did get a bit of a numb bum on the boat ride so would advise people to pack something padded to sit on.
We were blown away by this experience. My husband has travelled extensively and is a travel consulant by profession. He rated this in his top 5 wildlife experiences.
I could not rate Padre Burgos castle more highly. The food was amazing, room clean, we were up in the tower which was fantastic. I would have loved to relax by the pool for a day at the end but sadly time ran out.
- Also Known As:
- Padre Burgos Castle Hotel
- Padre Burgos Castle Hotel Padre Burgos
- Padre Burgos Castle Resort Southern Leyte Province, Philippines
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An idyllic family-run boutique hotel and resort, with excellent facilities and a friendly and intimate atmosphere. Superb location with great beach, beautiful corals and stunning sea views. All guest rooms beautifully furnished and decorated, with air-conditioning and en-suite bathrooms. Swimming pool, sailing, kayaking, snorkeling, satellite TV, DVD, free Wi-Fi, bar and fine-dining restaurant. Local activities include scuba diving, whale shark watching, island tours, caving, waterfalls, and more. ... more less