“Worst hotel experience” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Pecatu
Bologna, Italy
“Worst hotel experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2010

The hotel per se would be nice but the owner has been really unpolite and unprofessional.
I rented a room for some days and I paid the whole amount beforehand via a bank wire transfer. All seemed ok at first since the owner contacted me just few days before my trip telling me that sha was unable to provide me with the room I had already booked and payed for because of some unpredictable event. Then she offered me some alternative accomodations in other hotels which I didn't like, so I asked for my money back: from that time on she disappeared and never replied back to my e-mails. I had to spent many hours to get there in person and discussed with her by telephone (she didn't even appear in person) and only after threatening to sue her I had my money back. This is not a professional behaviour and I could have lost more then 200 USD. Make your choice...

Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Families
Solo
Business
Rio de Janeiro - Brasil
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2009

The service is execllent!!! The guys helped us with everything that we wanted to do. We found other hotels near, but with the Uluwatu Resorts view and staff... none...
We hope someday come back to Uluwatu Resorts.
Even the Hotel needs a retrofit process.

Congratulations.

Carol e Ricardo (we stayed from June 1st till 16 th, after we was in GLand, and we came back for 3 days more)

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Rawang,Selangor
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2007

We stayed for 4 nights at the Uluwatu III.The service was excellent that we couldn't ask for more.All the staff gave their best makes our stay an unforgettable experience.The view of the ocean,the sunset,the breeze from the sea,just the way we want our honeymoon to be.We're out of words to express our satisfaction.Thank you Balivillas.

• Liked — Ocean view,sunset
  • Disliked — Swimming pool is small(length)
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
San Diego
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2006

Uluwatu Resort is in my opionion over priced and worn down. It is set on the cliff nicely and has ok food, although not fabulous. We came there without reservation for two nights, agreed to thier set price even thou standard is to bargin a little for randoms like ourselves. As honeymooners, nothing was special here. I hurt my hand surfing and wanted to leave after one night. They refused to not charge us for the 2nd night, eventually gaving us half off, but I couldn't believe how rude and wrong this was for a couple who just happened to show up one day when they hardly had any occupancy in the slow season (Nov) to charge us 40US dollars for leaving. I think they where only 20 percent booked! In my opinion, I would stay at the cliff resorts and take business elsewhere due to there rudeness, lack of selection of food. Good for maybe a night and surf session, don't waste your time here more than that thou. To bad that this was one of my less memoriable experiences in Bali. Head west and avoid the kooks there.
Tom
34, San Diego.

Been to Uluwatu Resort? Share your experiences!