“Rustic, Luxurious” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Bulgari Hotels & Resorts Bali

Save Saved
You added Bulgari Hotels & Resorts Bali to your Saves list
Bulgari Hotels & Resorts Bali
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   Jalan Goa Lempeh, Banjar Dinas Kangin, Pecatu, Bali 80364, Indonesia   |
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Pecatu
Singapore, Singapore
“Rustic, Luxurious”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

We were in Bali and simply had to try out this luxury hotel for a night.

We arrived at night, and we felt overwhelmed by the sheer luxury of this place. No stone was left unturned in creating a super-exclusive atmosphere. Even the security checks were longer and they even had guard dogs, which made us feel that the resort was closely guarded and thus very safe.

Check-in was quick and uneventful. We absolutely loved that everything was Bulgari-branded. It was quite an experience to live within such luxury.

We were brought to our villa, which was gigantic. We could not see the cliff view as it was at night but we could hear the sounds of the waves, which was very peaceful and relaxing. The villa's style is very wooden, which would be nice to those who like it but we don't really favor the rustic ambience. Floorboards creaked softly, creating an extremely rustic feel.

The bed was very comfortable, and we spent most of the night at the bar having drinks and snacks, listening to the waves. In the day, we took the glass elevator down to the beach and had a few pictures, but couldn't really walk on the beach due to high tide. It's a very secluded beach and there is another beach bar on the cliff owned by Bulgari. Certainly a great place to chill and read a book if you are staying there for a longer time.

Overall, a GREAT and EXTRAVAGANT hotel. 4/5 only because we don't enjoy rustic ambiences, but otherwise it would have been perfect.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

I was here to attend a wedding. I must say, Bulgari lived up to its stature. The moment I stepped foot at the lobby, we were greeted by the breathtaking scenery right before our eyes. Trust me, superlatives are an understatement!

It was called a Water Wedding where "The altar is set upon a transparent carpet gently floating on the surface of the Water Pond. A truly unique experience, for a wedding ceremony held in from of the infinity of the Indian Ocean"

View my blog for more photos of this fairytale wedding @ www.itsnorathexplora.blogspot.sg

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Osaka-shi, Osaka, Japan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

Bulgari Bali is one of my most favorite hotels in the world and it is really a resort. I stayed with my wife every August these 3 years.
The villa is large with a good view and we can make ourselves at ease, especially as watching the ocean from the terrace of the villa at daytime and the stars at night. I can see the color of the winds blowing and hear the sound of stars shinning.
Staffs of Sankar restaurant, Pande and Erick make us happy, and Putu and Herini were very friendly. Yurika and Sofyan of the Spa, the butler Mayun are splendid, and Japanese stuff Asai is very kind. Other stuffs of the pool side and Il ristorante are all friendly. They always try to make us comfortable
The only disappointment was about monkeys. One early morning of last summer, just after watching the sunrise, 3 monkeys came on the roof of our villa. And to my surprise, they removed a few pieces of wood between the roof and the wall of the villa, and then one of them invaded into our room through the hole that they had made. I hope that the roof and the wall were recovered and perfectly and are always checked.
Anyway Bulgari Bali is like a paradise for two of us, and we will soon come back to the Bulgari Bali also this August.

Room Tip: Villas on the high place have a good view.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

I was not fortunate enough to stay here (due to the cost) but was lucky enough to be able to visit to join friends (staying here) for lunch, the open lobby is a sight to behold you can't stop looking at the views out to the Indian Ocean with cliff top villas nestled into the hillside.
Food was faultless Service was faultless and the resort is second to none, we stayed all afternoon and what a joy to be here, the view and location of Bulgari is well worth the visit.
Can't wait to go back there even just to stay one night.

Room Tip: Sorry didn't stay in a room I was only a visitor having lunch with friends.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Seoul, South Korea
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

There was a breathtaking scenery in front of my eyes when I arrived at the lobby.
It was such an amazing Indian ocean from the left to right side and there was nothing around bothering my eyes.

It was during Nyepi day while I was staying @ Bulgarin in Bali, and people said that me and my mum would be bored as there is nothing to do compare to the resort site.
However, it was totally wrong! :) enjoyed swimming everyday under the beautiful breeze w.sunshine.
We really enjoyed time from the morning till sunset, even during dark night. (Nyepi is silence day in Bali so that it is not allowed to leave many lights around)
We could find many stars in the sky, and it was so lovely.

Service- Staff in Bulgari were very friendly and they knew personal approaching for the communication even there was some language barrier, :)
It was really great to see how much they enjoy their work with professional service mind.

Food - Big portion and lovely taste. No doubt! Should try. :)

Of course, review can be different with different experience.
However, personally I loved my experience @ Bulgari with great memory, and hope others can also have a great staying experience as us.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Jakarta, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

Bulgari hotel Bali is just a property with the awesome Indian Ocean view, The premium villas that I stayed gave me a clear view of the Indian ocean from the top. Enjoying the cocktail with afternoon sea breeze is a perfect moment to chill. Make sure you visit the private beach with dramatic way heading to it. Enjoying the lunch close to the ocean is just a perfect escape from the crowd. I dropped by the Bvlgari store where some great offers could not be missed before you check out.

Room Tip: Choose either cliff villa or premium ocean view villa for the best Indian Ocean view.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
South Korea
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

We came to Bali with alot of expectations tht many of our friends said how beautiful Bali is.
I asked a travel agency to find the best villa in Bali as I had the best experience with Shangrila villas in Borracay, Philippines.
As soon as I and my girlfriend arrived Bulgari hotel Bali, I realized the hotel facility is not as good as Shangrilla Borracay, while Bulgari hotel cost alot more.
Since this is my first time to Bali, I thought Hotels in Bali are more expensive than the ones in the Philippines.

Below are our experiences and nightmares:

Day 1

We arrived Bulgari around 5pm
It was Villa no.18 with ocean & cliff side view.
I could see the ocean view was beautiful, we got inside the villa, we found out tht the bathroom size is twice as big as the bedroom and has a small TV, and the Butler was proudly mentioned that the TV brand was Bang & Olufsen, but the TV was too tiny to watch the soccer game while the quality of picture is not suitable for watching anything.

The swimming pool was so small, its only approximately 1/3 of the size of private pool in the Shangrilla villa Borracay we stayed.
The butler even reminded us to be careful not to fall off the cliff.

I then ordered food from room service as we both really hungry, it was 5 different dishes. The food arrived and we barely touched it as each dish tasted terrible.
By the time we went to the bed, we realized that the bed was not comfortable and trying to find a comfortable spot on the bed made the bed feel small.
The pillows were too soft as if it was filled by just a wisp of polyester fibers.

The atmosphere of the villa was eerie as the road to the villa was very narrow and dark at night. The villa in general was dark except the bathroom lights framing the mirrors. These lights are too glaringly bright, which hurts our eyes.
My girlfriend feels that the villa so spooky that she was afraid to go to the bathroom alone.

The sounds in the master bedroom is muffled while the rest of the villa echoes.
Maybe because of the fact that the master bedroom had a cheap curtain completely around the room.

Then there was the problem of mosquitos. As we layed down to sleep thats when you hear the mosquitos buzzing around your face. We had a very hard time sleeping as mosquitos buzzing on our heads a whole night. After getting up the next morning we had a dozen or more bites particularly on the back of the legs, hand, face and backside.

Day 2

Sunday. Took a cable car 150 metres down to the beach and was told by the staff that the last cable car was at 5 pm. If we missed it, we would have to climb up the rocks to the hotel. He was not joking and seemed serious. So we went up back to the hotel early and went to the swimming pool. There was only two men in the pool so we didn't stay long.

The small pool at the villa did not seem sanitary as there was moss on the edges and there was a ugly shiny frog in the pool.

Villas tend to be places where quiet and seclusion is desired so that one can spend some quality time with your significant other but the villa at the Bulgari does not evoke romantic feelings. In fact, once in the room one can't help but feel a bit eerie, with the combination of the morbid curtains, drastic lighting differences in the villa, and the strange way that sounds sounded in the villa really puts a strain on emoting romantic feelings. In fact, both my girlfriend and I sensed that the room was actually making us feel like we did not want to talk that much to each other, let alone the romance. ..

Day 3

Met my friends outside as they stayed at another resort and spa. Their resort and spa was much brighter and breezy. Plus, they have so many water sports activities like para sailing, jet sky, flying fish, seawalker etc.. I then decided to stay at their resort and gave up two days left at the Bulgari. It was a great decision and no brainer for me. There were no mosquitoes there, the food was delicious, they have great stunning beach and awesome spa where we had great massages...and most importantly, I was able to finally get a real nice nights sleep. The best suite room I stayed there only cost me less than 1/2 of the cost I paid in Bulgari hotel, but I and my girlfriend feel much happier and stress free staying there.

I left Bulgari hotel 2 days earlier than my booking, they dont refund the remaining unused room charges I paid.
We even were told that we will have to pay an extra for a late checkout. We were told that a 4pm checkout would cost 50 percent of the room rate and a 1030 pm checkout would cost a full days rate.

So I actually paid a full 5 days (@US $1300/night) and stayed only 3 days. I would rather given up US$2600 than continued staying in Bulgari, its just how bad the experience was.

Don't get me wrong, Bali is one of the nicest places I have ever visited, I and my girlfriend will definitely go back there again.

Spending $1, 300 per night at the Bulgari in Bali was a bad choice. I should have checked the trip advisor first and took my friends first recommendation.

After all, I have learned alot, one of them is that expensive stuff does not mean is the best, particularly in this case.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
BHRB, General Manager at Bulgari Hotels & Resorts Bali, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Dear Alberthk2014,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us during your stay in Bulgari Hotels and Resorts. On behalf of the resort team, I would like to apologize and I am terribly sorry to hear that we fell short of your expectations. This is certainly not the level of service we aspire to or what our guests have a right to expect. Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience caused.

our feedback is very valuable to us and I would welcome the opportunity to discuss your experience in more detail with you directly. Please feel free to contact me at your earliest convenience on +62 361 8954640.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Santiago Sagaz

Been to Bulgari Hotels & Resorts Bali? Share your experiences!