“Everything you expect from a luxurious brand.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Bulgari Hotels & Resorts Bali

Save Saved
You added Bulgari Hotels & Resorts Bali to your Saves list
Bulgari Hotels & Resorts Bali
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   Jalan Goa Lempeh, Banjar Dinas Kangin, Pecatu, Bali 80364, Indonesia   |
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Pecatu
Melbourne, Australia
“Everything you expect from a luxurious brand.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

From the moment you are greeted to the moment you leave, you are in safe and caring hands.
Every attention to detail is looked after and you are made to feel as special as any celebrity.
The views are beautiful and the only sounds come from the ocean.
The villas are very spacious in all areas, the room, the bathroom and the outdoor area.
The only thing i would suggest is to include fly spray like other hotels.
An insect repellant would be a nice touch too given the amount you are paying per night. Luckily we brought our own.
Each room has a private pool surrounded by a lot of foliage, which could be part of the reason there are so many mosquito's.
I would recommend this hotel as an experience, but there are plenty of other hotels that are just as nice for half the price.
Also the buggy's that drive guests around can be quite noisy.
There's not a lot to do outside of the resort, so best to make the most of your stay and enjoy the hotel and the Italian restaurant.

Room Tip: Ask for a room furthest from the lobby ensuring less chance of buggy's driving by. They are als...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

This was my second time at the Bulgari. I had a wonderful stay last time but this time I was a little apprehensive. I had such a great visit previously that I was wondering if the hotel would live up to expectations again, especially as some of the recent Tripadvisors hadn't been great. However, any misgivings were quickly dispelled on arrival. Once again, I was wowed by the jaw dropping view from the arrivals area and the fantastic staff who did not miss a beat throughout our 2 night stay.We were in villa 37 (ocean view) which was great. Spotlessly clean, fantastic bed and the most amazing bathroom for 'ultimate bathing pleasure' according to my wife. My only brickbat would be the decking around our plunge pool which was showing signs of wear and tear and was in need of some maintenance. After this stay I decided there are 5 must do's when staying here. Number one is taking in the view and my most favourite spot is from the main pool. Swimming up to the infinity edge and looking out over the Indian Ocean is simply stunning. Number 2 is a leisurely breakfast. Try to get to breakfast early to get a table for 2 on the upper terrace and enjoy coffee and croissants while you are watching the waves. Number 3 is lunch at La Spiaggia on the cliff (access via the inclinator - very cool). It is only available to guests and there are only 2 tables (plus a lounge area below which is great for drinks). Simple but fantastic food (loved the grilled seafood) and even better views. You can hear and see the waves crashing on the beach. Number 4 is sunset at the bar with a cocktail or juice. It is also a nice spot to socialise with other guests. Number 5 is to have a spa but request a treatment room along the cliff for the sound of the waves and the birds in the trees. Combined with some fabulous therapists this makes for a memorable treat. My only other suggestion would be a late afternoon walk on the beach or dining at the Italian restaurant Il Ristorante which I missed out on this trip but enjoyed last time I stayed. One last tip: check out of your room and pack a day bag then go to lunch at La Spiaggia followed by a last swim as the pool area has shower and changing facilities (with Bulgari toiletries, of course!). It makes for a great end to the stay.

Room Tip: If your budget allows, opt for a cliffside room - they look amazing!!
San Diego, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

My wife and I just back from a trip to Thailand and Bali. Of the 5 hotels we stayed(all in the same price range and service level of bulgari), Bulgari was our least favorite and most expensive. Our room would constantly leak every day. So, when we left in the morning there would be a puddle of water in the bathroom. When we woke up in the morning, there would be a puddle of water in the bathroom. Every day for 3 days. In addition to this, there seemed to be more mosquitoes in our room than outside our room, I have to assume the water collection everyday had something to do with that. Lastly, the bed spread had blood on it. The blood was not ours and unfortunately we found it in the morning after sleeping with it the night before. In addition to the room, there seemed to be a lot of misunderstandings with the hotel staff. Granted, we speak English and this is probably a second language to most of the staff, but there just seemed to be a lot of things they didn't understand or miscues on their end that could have easily been avoided. Lastly, the overall price at the hotel was a lot more than all the other places we stayed at(2 4 seasons, peninsula and a COMO property). There are so many other options in Bali, that would just avoid Bulgary altogether. There beach isnt anything special, you cant even swim in their portion of the ocean. The only redeemable thing is their views, but you can get that same view at a few other hotels in the area.

Room Tip: Make sure you room doesn't leak, if it does you will be bombarded with mosquitoes.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
BHRB, General Manager at Bulgari Hotels & Resorts Bali, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Dear Roches09,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us during your stay in Bulgari Hotels and Resorts. On behalf of the resort team, I would like to apologize and I am terribly sorry to hear that we fell short of your expectations. This is certainly not the level of service we aspire to or what our guests have a right to expect. Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Your feedback is very valuable to us and I would welcome the opportunity to discuss your experience in more detail with you directly. Please feel free to contact me at your earliest convenience on +62 361 8954640.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Surabaya, Indonesia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

We stayed at villa 29 for two nights, pretty good view to the ocean, right beside the reception building.
very clean room, and the bathroom is super big with a bathtub, outdoor and indoor shower rooms. a little hand written welcome card was placed on our desk, very personal and delightful. the staffs were all friendly, helpful and polite, they greeted us by our names.
buggy always came fast to pick us up anytime. our butler (Mr Ode) was very hands on to our needs.
wifi connection covered almost the whole villa area, fast, free, and reliable too.

if i can mention the downsides were:
- doors in the villa are hard to open or lock (maybe i just didn't get the trick to do it)
- the lighting in the bedroom is too dark for me
- mosquitoes buzzing in my ear for the two nights we stayed there, even after applying the mosquito repellant
- the sound of transporting buggies was heard pretty loudly from our room even after we closed all doors
- the breakfast food taste and varieties are so so. would expect more for such a big name Bulgari
- room air conditioning suddenly not cold enough at night (happened twice)

one more thing; on the second morning at the breakfast place, my wife was approaching to the empty table at the corner of the patio. but she was stopped by a waiter telling her that the table had been taken (there were no reserved signs on it). so we took the table right behind it. and after the 35 mins+ we were there, nobody came and the table remained empty even after the breakfast time ended. we were just wondering why we weren't allowed to sit there.

anyway, it's a very good resort if you want to stay in and enjoy the quite and be in touch with the more natural side of Bali

Room Tip: ask for ocean view villas
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
BHRB, General Manager at Bulgari Hotels & Resorts Bali, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
Dear Mr. Herbert,

Thank you for highlighting the good points and for bringing to my attention the bad ones, the feedback from all our guests is very important to us and we continuously improve our services and facilities based on your input.

I am thrilled you enjoyed the food and beverages served and I am terribly sorry to learn that we did not manage to meet your expectations, particularly in rooms, foods and services. We are currently looking into the concerns you mentioned which includes door handler from the room and the noise disturbance from the passing buggies. On behalf of the entire team we would like to sincerely apologies for this oversight from our end.

I hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back sometime soon in order to restore your confidence in Bulgari Hotels and Resorts. Please be encouraged to contact me directly at this number +62 361 8954640. I look forward to hearing from you,

Singapore, Singapore
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

Without any prejudice or discrimination i am honest with my feedback on my experience staying in Villa 47 Bulgari Hotel in Bali. It has a stunning views and food which cannot be dispute but the whole experience were a nightmare for us with it's service.
I have been traveling around the world staying in the best hotel around the world and this is the worst ever that i could imagine the hotel staff can't wait throwing us out from the room.I am so upset till i have to make such feedback on my experience.

The room were full of mosquitoes which i am not sure any regular fogging has been carried out. Mosquitoes were buzzing around my head in the whole night even after spraying the mosquitoes repellant.

Many switches in the villa were spoil.

Air conditioning is not working and i was sweating the whole night and kept waking up till the next day i woke up feeling dizzy and terrible where i have to be on my land in Bali working with the Land officer & focus under the hot Bali sun for hours and hours.

Woke up in the morning make a quick call to the reception for a late check out due to i have to leave the villa immediately because the land officer has already arrived at the land without any prior notice, Bulgari reception instead of understanding client’s need she insisted pushing us out by 12pm even having said that I suggested to her that I might not come back on time and it will be safer to extend till 3pm instead of 12pm or 130pm because I am being realistic in time for me to come back and take a quick shower and pack which will only takes 10mins. She said to me our people can come in to your villa and pack all your stuff for you before you come back & leaving it at the concierge if i am unable to pack my things in time and you can shower at our outdoor area or spa area that sounded to me like throwing us out from the villa totally without considering our position at that point of time. So rude and not interested to empathize with client’s needs for that few hours of check out time. This is not a standard business city hotel , it is 7 star client experience hotel.
I have no choice but to leave the villa immediately , when I left the villa i saw 2 empty wine bottles , wine glasses and broken glasses by the monkey in the morning were all over the floor including the roof top leaves mess on the floor.
As expected we came back late due to the measurement, whole body in a mess walking in the bush, sweaty, headache, no energy and hot after measuring the land under the hot sun and hungry. We then stop by the restaurant and we ordered food and the reception at the restaurant came to us and start mentioning to us as in rushing us out from the villa after we have been super tired and hungry.
After lunch we immediately go back to the villa , arrived looking at the mess outside the room 2 empty wine bottles, broken glasses on the floor, wine glasses and roof top leaves were all still on the floor meaning that no one actually came in to make up the room the whole morning. Went into our room everything is in a mess with 4 workers inside keeping everything , bedsheets all over the place, in the toilet collecting towels and so on treating us invisible with no care about us coming back into the villa whether we need privacy in order to have a quick shower or change & pack in 10mins, while we were brushing teeth the staff was standing in front of the basin not moving at all, went to the toilet , toilet papers were kept , went to shower left a bottle of conditioner on the floor and keep all the shampoos and body shower gel, Everything is in a mess that I could not recognize where my belonging were left before I leave the villa in the morning in urgency.
We were very upset and requested to see the GM and he came to the villa with a sour face as in we were wasting his time after we specifically asking him to come so that we could feedback such a first time experience with Bulgari for their improvements, for a 7 star hotel which is more of a standard 3 star business city hotel , instead of like other 5-7 stars hotel that we have been around the world which provides solutions and suggestions comfortably to accommodate client’s needs if it is really inconvenience the clients.
4 days after returning back home I just realized that I have a very important book that I left on the side of the bed and due to the mess created by the house keeping around the bed area the book was covered underneath bedsheets and left behind without being returned to the lost and found dept. I called and someone by the name of Andara picked up the call and told me he will call me back after checking with lost and found department. The book was clearly left behind in the room when i left and it was a very expensive finance book that i have been doing a research on . With no initiative to further check in a few minutes time the staff called back immediately and just say sorry we did not have any lost and found reported not even checking with me the location of the book or being responsible for the mess that has been created in the room where all location of my things that I have left in the room before leaving the villa in the morning were not easily found. I asked someone to call us and make refund because of the mess they created and no one even care to call. It means no one does any checking as well on the villa before the guest leaves .

This is a totally unacceptable in a 7stars hotel and it brings an embarrassment and brand damage to such a luxury brand “BULGARI” . I only wish if they could be more responsible for what they have caused at least making an effort to purchase the same book and refund it back to us. It is not about the book but the responsibility and effort that one make in a service and hospitality business to gain trust among clients with the hotel and leave with a good image.
I am speechless with unexpected nightmare stay with Bulgari in Bali. I just hope to get my book back

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
BHRB, General Manager at Bulgari Hotels & Resorts Bali, responded to this review, May 22, 2014
Dear KEITHLOH222,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us during your stay in Bulgari Hotels and Resorts, Bali. Feedback is extremely important to us and I am terribly sorry to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations.

This is certainly not the level of service we aspire to or what our guests have a right to expect. Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience caused and I would welcome the opportunity to discuss your experience in more detail with you directly. Please feel free to contact me at your earliest convenience on +62 361 8954640.

Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

We loved the resort, position, position, position, HOWEVER all was not as promised. The staff were so so good, as only the Balinese can be, but surely management have to take responsibility for the many negatives that arose during our 4 night stay. I have been reading tripadvisor reviews for months about maintenance issues in the villas, we had doorknobs falling off, shower leaking, toilet constantly flowing and floorboards so badly warped that barefoot walking was a constant threat. Obviously management don't give a rats backside about guest reviews.
Spa attendees are advised to arrive 40 mins early and spa menu is advertised. I arrived at 7.55 for a 8.30am appointment and waited till 8.20 for staff to arrive, no apology and during 2 visits I was not offered the menu to peruse.
We were advised that late checkout was available as we had an 8.30 pm departure from the resort but all members of our group were turfed out of their rooms at 2.00 pm. We were told by many staff that occupancy was dropping considerably as our group used more than 50% of the resort, why upset paying guests for nonexistent ones??? It is only because the staff were so amazing that this review is offering a VG rating. If I return to Bali I will not be staying at Bulgari!

Room Tip: Make sure you door knobs aren't falling off!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

We stayed at Bulgari during the Easter long weekend. We were glad that we used their airport transfer service as it is our first time to Bali and didn't know our way around. Bulgari staffs took care all of these for us. During our stay there, Bulgari staffs tried their best to make sure that we are happy and satisfied. One thing to note that is the buggy did take about 10 minutes to come. Maybe Bulgari should have a few more buggies to minimise the waiting time. We were running late for a few appointments because of this. I also really enjoyed the food served by both italian and Sangkar restaurants as well as in room dining. We ate at the Italian restaurant and were given complimentary breads, starter, sorbet ( to clean our palate) and chocolate truffles and turkish delight. Food was amazing and yummylicious. However, there was a monkey inside our villa on our last night in Bulgari and making such a loud noise ( right above our bed) that we couldnt sleep. We were initally told by the staffs to go back to sleep and they tried to convince us its a crab. In the end, we moved to another villla at 4.30am. Our plan to watch the sunrise and photographtaking was ditched as we were tired after this monkey drama. We stayed at villa 57, not close to the cliff at all. We had same issue that some of the reviewers had - the door is quite hard to open! We also had one of our best spa experiences here. I would conclude that my overall stay at Bulgari Bali was lovely but there is room for improvement. I will come back again providing that there is no monkey invading my villa.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Bulgari Hotels & Resorts Bali? Share your experiences!