“Best in Bali” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bulgari Hotels & Resorts Bali

Save Saved
You added Bulgari Hotels & Resorts Bali to your Saves list
Bulgari Hotels & Resorts Bali
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   Jalan Goa Lempeh, Banjar Dinas Kangin, Pecatu, Bali 80364, Indonesia   |
Ranked #3 of 9 hotels in Pecatu
Shanghai
“Best in Bali”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

Bulgari Bali is definitely the best in Bali. Nothing is even close to it. Everything about the resort is the best. The planning, the facilities, the villas, the food, the service, the people, the quality are absolutely flawless. Not sure how they do it, but i've been back three times and it's always in a high level of consistency.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

305 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

It was my first visit to Bali, Indonesia and I have to say, soon I'll be heading there once again thanks to the extraordinary experience I had from staying with Bvlgari Hotels & Resorts Bali.

From the moment I got off the airplane, a representative from the hotel was already waiting for me a few feet away. Upon greeting me & my family with a beautiful smile and after going through the immigration formalities, she then escorted us to our dear friend and driver Made who's been waiting for us outside Ngurah Rai Airport to be transported to our villa.

Upon stepping out of the limo to the main lobby of the hotel to complete the check-in process, I was taken by surprise, by the peace and serenity of the area. It was so tranquil you can literally hear the sound of a pin drop. The check-in went smoothly and off we went to our villa, in a nice buggy.

Now the villa, it's impossible to explain with words how beautiful it is. You must see it, feel it, to believe it. My favorite part? Everything. It was a blessing that my room's located just a few steps away from the hotel's Spa Centre. In totality, I've never had a better Balinese massage experience than the one I had here. Thinking about it, I'm starting to miss the spa treatment a lot!

Food here is amazing too. I would highly recommend The Sangkar Restaurant which offers a more local cuisine. I managed to try nearly everything on the menu here so I would recommend that you try the Bebek Betutu, Pork Ribs Kimchi, Satay Lilit, okay everything on the menu is awesome so try everything. Be sure to try the Manjari Hazelnut Cream jam too. Additional advice? Sit outdoors, enjoy the breathtaking view ;)

If you want to discover the true meaning of world-class hospitality service, come to this restaurant to discover it. Special mention to Graha Satria, Diva Alvita and the entire Sangkar restaurant team for making my dining experience such a great pleasure, every single time.

The Italian restaurant here Il Ristorante is outstanding as well in terms of food quality, service and restaurant environment. Would highly recommend the Barrumundi main course and Truffle Pasta. Perfect for a romantic dinner for two.

The swimming pool in this hotel is really breathtaking too. Very suitable place for a nice picture. Just a stroll around the resort is enjoyable too. Just don't forget to bring your camera along and snap away.

As a hotelier myself, the experience I gained from here taught me a lot. Sincerely look forward to return, in the very near future.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013 via mobile

Stayed one night for my friend's wedding last weekend.
I arrived at the villa around 5:45 PM and I was in hurry to attend the cocktail reception at 6 PM. Since I needed an iron and iron board urgently, I called the guest services, and she said that "we run-out of the iron and iron board".
At 6:15 PM, she called again after discussed with her manager, the option was to send my shirt for pressing and charged me. I told her that it was too late and I asked to speak with the manager.
At 6:20 PM, the FOM called (with an attitude) and offered a complimentary pressing which was too late since I was about to leave the villa.
I did not want anything, I just wanted to have my iron and iron board at the villa, which both of the staff did not understand and they were keep saying "what could we do?" and without resolution.
It was not cheap to stay at this property which I expected to have a good service which they failed to provide and no apologise was given during my stay.
To be honest, I wasn't feel the Luxury!, many defects at the villa.
Breakfast was not Bvlgari at all, the orange juice was not fresh squeezed and cold cuts were not fresh and dry.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Hope Island, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

What can we say other than "thank you" Bulgari for making our wedding the most spectacular and memorable experience ever.

From the planning stages through to the execution on the day, and the stay after, we can not fault the tireless attention to detail that the staff went through to make everything special for us and our guests.

We opted for the Water wedding which in all honesty totally exceeded the marketing materials .... finding ourselves standing on a floating transparent platform atop an infinity pool overlooking the Indian Ocean at sunset, a white carpet of rose petals perfectly offset by an azure sky with hints of orange coming through as the sun set was something that we and our guests will never forget!

The whole day was fantastic with great food, entertainment and attentive friendly service, cannot recommend highly enough.

The villa was an immaculate Bali inspired thatched ceiling bungalow, comfy bed, slate bathroom with sunken bath and indoor and outdoor shower facilities. Amenities were high class including Bang and Olufsen in room entertainment centre, topped off with outdoor living area with private plunge pool with a view over the Indian Ocean. Fantastic.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

The hospitality that was given to me and my friends were very good. They anticipated our needs, was ever ready to assist us on our sightseeing plans and arranging transport for us. A friend of ours who doesn't eat too spicy food wanted to taste a dish on a menu and the service staff and chef cooked a small bowl for my friend to try before proceeding with the ordering. They even accomodate our almost after hours ordering of room service with full menu. My friends and I felt very warm and welcome by the all the staffs gestures.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Sentosa Island, Singapore
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

I have honestly never been so disappointed by a five star hotel in my life. We left the Ayana (gorgeous, amazing service) and checked in to Bulgari to get married (I fell in love with the idea of a water chapel wedding and photos on the beach). I've seen all the reviews that talk about how luxurious Bulgari is, and maybe I am just spoiled, but Bulgari cannot compare to any other 5 star villa resort that I have stayed at in Asia. Even in Uluwatu there are much nicer places with far better service that you can stay at for less spend. No one with any impact at the Bulgari resort seems to care whether you are satisfied or not. The guys that ferry you about by buggy, the waiters, even the chefs are so sweet but the management is just so nonchalant. The arrogance of the place is insane.

1. I am two months pregnant, and yet when we checked in to get married there was no one to meet us to check us in to the hotel we were getting married at! On my wedding day I had to haul suitcases and my wedding dress out of the taxi and actually go wandering around to look for where to check-in. Sorry, but even if you go to a 5-star hotel for dinner there's always a bell boy there as standard to welcome and help with any bags?!

2. First impressions of the villa - the varnish on the outdoor floor boards is peeling and faded. It just looks tired. It costs nothing to sand and revarnish floor boards?! I would never let my home floor boards get to this kind of state - and Bulgari is meant to be in the business of hospitality and luxury...

3. Speaking of floor boards, getting ready for my wedding, I fell down a small pot hole in the floor of the 'luxury' villa by the heel of my shoe (pictured). It might sound petty - but this is meant to be five star and the place is just worn out. There were black stains on our curtains, too. It was just depressing!

4. My biggest issue was the AC and the lack of concern of anyone in the hotel to fix it. On my WEDDING NIGHT I didn't get a wink of sleep (and not in the good way either!) because the AC dripped all over me - not in a little way - look at the photo of filthy brown water dripping on to the bed!! In the morning I complained to house keeping and the butler, who promised that an engineer would come and fix it. We returned to the room at around 6pm and it was still leaking, the duvet was soaked through. I called to complain again about the leak and the soaked bedsheets, and when we came back to the room a few hours later the sheets had been changed byt the AC was still faulty and dripping all over the new sheets - they hadn't done a thing to fix the AC. Beggars belief, I know. I complained again - begging someone to fix the AC so that I could get some sleep. The engineer's idea of 'fixing' the AC was to place a board over the vent. Sure, I wasn't getting dripped on from the bed anymore, but the bedroom was then sweltering hot - literally no AC (not even a basic fan out of courtesy) in a so-called luxury hotel for the whole night?!!! I'm pretty sure that in a tropical climate, that there is no hotel - of any star - that would do this to guests. Considering that this was meant to be the wedding of my dreams, it's almost as if Bulgari did everything that they could to make it miserable. To make matters worse the water that would have dripped on me re-routed to the left hand corner of the room - all over the beautiful jewelery my new husband had gifted me on my wedding day. It was just disgraceful.

4. The breakfasts were nice, and I will say that the coffee is good. Note that if you stay in Villa 25 you will need the caffeine to get you through the days after those humid, uncomfortable, sleepless nights.

5. The events coordinator is a vile woman who is more unhelpful than you can imagine. I only wanted to get married in Bali for the water chapel wedding and the photos on the beach. The beach was closed - had been for weeks, with no plans to open anytime soon. But no one thought to tell us this when we were paying the upfront, pretty hefty fee for the ceremony. My wedding planner hadn't been informed either. I only found out when I was asking the photographer on the day to take us to the beach for some nice shots on the sand. Instead of offering helpful alternative beach locations, the Bulgari lady just adamantly insisted that it wouldn't be possible. I was reduced to tears by this woman an hour before my ceremony. Luckily the photographer was a very kind Balinese man who took us to a public beach the following day to take some nice photos.

6. Heavy rain fall meant that my water chapel wedding - the only reason I wanted to get married at Bulgari - didn't happen. I'm not blaming Bulgari for the rain fall, and the team did do a lovely job of making the alternate venue, a gazebo, as nice as they could. The team comped a spa treatment for us because of the rain, which was nice. But Ayana (where we had stayed for the five days leading up to the wedding) also comped us a couple's massage just as a celebratory gesture to get married. I'm not being ungrateful - but comping spa visits is pretty standard when you are spending the kind of money that these resorts charge, especially when you are getting married, anniversaries, honeymoons, etc.

Rant over. You won't catch me staying at Bulgari ever again, and we are regular visitors to Bali, especially Uluwatu. The grounds are very pretty and well maintained, but the villas are worn out and can't compete with the other luxury resorts in Uluwatu. Plus, the commitment to guest satisfaction is bordering zero. Stay at your own peril, people!

Room Tip: Save yourself the stress and stay at Alila or Ayana.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Chino Hills, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

This perhaps is my lowest review on all the 5 star luxury resot I ever been, Lets star with the great.
The view and location is amazing and breath taking, sitting on the cliff side facing ocean, every inch of the property is a pleasure to stay and relax. All units are villa style, with private pool and patios. Bvgalry brand tolietry and decor are stylish and chick. Staffs are always smiling and friendly, greeting you by your Last name. Then it stops here.
We requested a Ocean view Villa, but stuck in a Villa with view on bushes and roofs. Took 6 calls and 3 hours later to tell us they wll try to accomodate us the next day on new villa. The buttler handles 20+ customer , so dont expect to see him too often, we often had to explain all over to a new person on the phone or in person. The SPA and beach are under maintanace, so my spa was done in a shallow corner in other side of the property--neverthe less not impressive with the service, shower didnt have the towel to use. the fire alarm went off in the middle. since the beach was closed we were arrange to Hyatt property for lunch. When we call to reschedule 30 min later, the conciere couldnt find our arrangement-- just after we end up ordering room service..they call back saying they were waiting for us to take us over ( 30 min drive). Only two restuarant at site, and the food is very average compare to other resorts in the area.* pricy too**, One of our Villa has broken phone, broken faccents so they couldnt use the bath at all. The villa is heavy infested with mosiquito & ants inside bathroom. I would strongly suggest management to provide repeller lamp, no the spray that dont work. Perhaps we are bit harsh on them, but if I pay 1500 a night, you do expect bit more on the service and quality of your stay. Unfortunally there is lots of choices in the area with similar or better pricing same amazing view. They did not wow me at all, exept the time I saw all those monkey on the roof top. Sorry, not coming back Bvlgary, Keep your day job: jewls.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Bulgari Hotels & Resorts Bali? Share your experiences!