“Excellent Hospitality” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bulgari Hotels & Resorts Bali

Save Saved
You added Bulgari Hotels & Resorts Bali to your Saves list
Bulgari Hotels & Resorts Bali
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   Jalan Goa Lempeh, Banjar Dinas Kangin, Pecatu, Bali 80364, Indonesia   |
Ranked #3 of 9 hotels in Pecatu
Singapore, Singapore
“Excellent Hospitality”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

The hospitality that was given to me and my friends were very good. They anticipated our needs, was ever ready to assist us on our sightseeing plans and arranging transport for us. A friend of ours who doesn't eat too spicy food wanted to taste a dish on a menu and the service staff and chef cooked a small bowl for my friend to try before proceeding with the ordering. They even accomodate our almost after hours ordering of room service with full menu. My friends and I felt very warm and welcome by the all the staffs gestures.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

311 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Sentosa Island, Singapore
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

I have honestly never been so disappointed by a five star hotel in my life. We left the Ayana (gorgeous, amazing service) and checked in to Bulgari to get married (I fell in love with the idea of a water chapel wedding and photos on the beach). I've seen all the reviews that talk about how luxurious Bulgari is, and maybe I am just spoiled, but Bulgari cannot compare to any other 5 star villa resort that I have stayed at in Asia. Even in Uluwatu there are much nicer places with far better service that you can stay at for less spend. No one with any impact at the Bulgari resort seems to care whether you are satisfied or not. The guys that ferry you about by buggy, the waiters, even the chefs are so sweet but the management is just so nonchalant. The arrogance of the place is insane.

1. I am two months pregnant, and yet when we checked in to get married there was no one to meet us to check us in to the hotel we were getting married at! On my wedding day I had to haul suitcases and my wedding dress out of the taxi and actually go wandering around to look for where to check-in. Sorry, but even if you go to a 5-star hotel for dinner there's always a bell boy there as standard to welcome and help with any bags?!

2. First impressions of the villa - the varnish on the outdoor floor boards is peeling and faded. It just looks tired. It costs nothing to sand and revarnish floor boards?! I would never let my home floor boards get to this kind of state - and Bulgari is meant to be in the business of hospitality and luxury...

3. Speaking of floor boards, getting ready for my wedding, I fell down a small pot hole in the floor of the 'luxury' villa by the heel of my shoe (pictured). It might sound petty - but this is meant to be five star and the place is just worn out. There were black stains on our curtains, too. It was just depressing!

4. My biggest issue was the AC and the lack of concern of anyone in the hotel to fix it. On my WEDDING NIGHT I didn't get a wink of sleep (and not in the good way either!) because the AC dripped all over me - not in a little way - look at the photo of filthy brown water dripping on to the bed!! In the morning I complained to house keeping and the butler, who promised that an engineer would come and fix it. We returned to the room at around 6pm and it was still leaking, the duvet was soaked through. I called to complain again about the leak and the soaked bedsheets, and when we came back to the room a few hours later the sheets had been changed byt the AC was still faulty and dripping all over the new sheets - they hadn't done a thing to fix the AC. Beggars belief, I know. I complained again - begging someone to fix the AC so that I could get some sleep. The engineer's idea of 'fixing' the AC was to place a board over the vent. Sure, I wasn't getting dripped on from the bed anymore, but the bedroom was then sweltering hot - literally no AC (not even a basic fan out of courtesy) in a so-called luxury hotel for the whole night?!!! I'm pretty sure that in a tropical climate, that there is no hotel - of any star - that would do this to guests. Considering that this was meant to be the wedding of my dreams, it's almost as if Bulgari did everything that they could to make it miserable. To make matters worse the water that would have dripped on me re-routed to the left hand corner of the room - all over the beautiful jewelery my new husband had gifted me on my wedding day. It was just disgraceful.

4. The breakfasts were nice, and I will say that the coffee is good. Note that if you stay in Villa 25 you will need the caffeine to get you through the days after those humid, uncomfortable, sleepless nights.

5. The events coordinator is a vile woman who is more unhelpful than you can imagine. I only wanted to get married in Bali for the water chapel wedding and the photos on the beach. The beach was closed - had been for weeks, with no plans to open anytime soon. But no one thought to tell us this when we were paying the upfront, pretty hefty fee for the ceremony. My wedding planner hadn't been informed either. I only found out when I was asking the photographer on the day to take us to the beach for some nice shots on the sand. Instead of offering helpful alternative beach locations, the Bulgari lady just adamantly insisted that it wouldn't be possible. I was reduced to tears by this woman an hour before my ceremony. Luckily the photographer was a very kind Balinese man who took us to a public beach the following day to take some nice photos.

6. Heavy rain fall meant that my water chapel wedding - the only reason I wanted to get married at Bulgari - didn't happen. I'm not blaming Bulgari for the rain fall, and the team did do a lovely job of making the alternate venue, a gazebo, as nice as they could. The team comped a spa treatment for us because of the rain, which was nice. But Ayana (where we had stayed for the five days leading up to the wedding) also comped us a couple's massage just as a celebratory gesture to get married. I'm not being ungrateful - but comping spa visits is pretty standard when you are spending the kind of money that these resorts charge, especially when you are getting married, anniversaries, honeymoons, etc.

Rant over. You won't catch me staying at Bulgari ever again, and we are regular visitors to Bali, especially Uluwatu. The grounds are very pretty and well maintained, but the villas are worn out and can't compete with the other luxury resorts in Uluwatu. Plus, the commitment to guest satisfaction is bordering zero. Stay at your own peril, people!

Room Tip: Save yourself the stress and stay at Alila or Ayana.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Chino Hills, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

This perhaps is my lowest review on all the 5 star luxury resot I ever been, Lets star with the great.
The view and location is amazing and breath taking, sitting on the cliff side facing ocean, every inch of the property is a pleasure to stay and relax. All units are villa style, with private pool and patios. Bvgalry brand tolietry and decor are stylish and chick. Staffs are always smiling and friendly, greeting you by your Last name. Then it stops here.
We requested a Ocean view Villa, but stuck in a Villa with view on bushes and roofs. Took 6 calls and 3 hours later to tell us they wll try to accomodate us the next day on new villa. The buttler handles 20+ customer , so dont expect to see him too often, we often had to explain all over to a new person on the phone or in person. The SPA and beach are under maintanace, so my spa was done in a shallow corner in other side of the property--neverthe less not impressive with the service, shower didnt have the towel to use. the fire alarm went off in the middle. since the beach was closed we were arrange to Hyatt property for lunch. When we call to reschedule 30 min later, the conciere couldnt find our arrangement-- just after we end up ordering room service..they call back saying they were waiting for us to take us over ( 30 min drive). Only two restuarant at site, and the food is very average compare to other resorts in the area.* pricy too**, One of our Villa has broken phone, broken faccents so they couldnt use the bath at all. The villa is heavy infested with mosiquito & ants inside bathroom. I would strongly suggest management to provide repeller lamp, no the spray that dont work. Perhaps we are bit harsh on them, but if I pay 1500 a night, you do expect bit more on the service and quality of your stay. Unfortunally there is lots of choices in the area with similar or better pricing same amazing view. They did not wow me at all, exept the time I saw all those monkey on the roof top. Sorry, not coming back Bvlgary, Keep your day job: jewls.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013 via mobile

Went to Bulgari for 4 days 3 nights and I must say it is one of the grandest most spectacular resort in the world...but none of it will be important compared to the warm hospitality and diligence of the great people who work there.

I booked for an arrival transfer and was wowed when the greeter quickly ushered me through the crowd and got my passport stamped for me, effectively jumping a few hundred people's queue. The limo had nice towels and glass bottled branded water.

A short trip of 40 minutes got me there, to a remote dry area near a cliff next to the ocean(not sea). Security is tight at Bulgari and you will love it, as it keeps the exclusivity of the resort.

Check-in was smooth and I was given a minty welcome drink and before I knew was in the buggy to my villa with Putu, my butler. He knew when to be there, and gave follow up calls to ensure I was well served. Loved his service and sincerity. Next the villa, is gaga jaw-dropping. It has a outdoor living room next to 2 sunbeds with a quite deep plunge pool(more than 1.6m I could do thread water as exercise in the morning). The indoor area had a extremely high thatched Balinese roof above the large comfy bed, making one feel like a sultan. The bathroom was stupendous with a sunken bathtub, separate rain shower, and outdoor shower as well. All stocked with luxurious soap and even shaving cream.

Spa was best I had. I've probably gone through more than 59 therapists in my career with familiarization trips, complimentary sessions etc. The therapist Nitha(I hope I got her name right)could stretch out all the knots, and I have a twitchy sensitive back, which she managed to knead without me feeling ticklish. Throughout the session there was that assuring pop sound of revitalized muscle, tendon and bones.Her strokes were sure and strong, excellent for a weekend athlete like myself. In the end I requested for therapy from her again the next day.

I love Italian food and ate there at Il Ristorante all the time. The staff there know me by name so well. I was highly tempted to drink the supertuscan saccicaia but as I already had a haut-brion in my room, I settled for some other unique varieties of Italian wine like my favourite Soave. I ate so much there oh my god. Then I had a bright idea, on my last evening. I asked the chef to create me a linguine with my favourite foie gras as the highlight and he made this really memorable linguine with foie gras which was perfectly al dented I swear god must love me so much to bless me with.

I spent my days in the infinity pool, hot/cold jacuzzi, exercising in the villa(yoga), scuba diving...it was great. It's so exclusive there is no competition for resources here. No noisy kids running around, no irritating tourists or tour guides. At this level of achievement, the guests definitely know how to behave well.

I had an early flight out so I booked for a in-room breakfast. Got my breakfast fully customized. I wanted a whole pot of coffee, freshly squeezed green apples, mangosteens, and a pasta and there it was. Secretly the in-room breakfast was my safety net to ensure I woke up to catch the flight, as I told them to get the captain to enter my room to ensure I was awake.

It was nice to be served by Sonny, Putu, Anthony, Ong Kim, Jessica(restaurant host) and look forward to see them again in a few moons.

Now I am writing this from home, I miss this place. My maslovian needs are all fulfilled here.

• Stayed November 2013
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

Amazing amazing amazing! This is probably the nicest resort in Bali! Everything is perfect here- the food, the service, the perfectly manicured grounds, the location, the views, the villas etc! We stayed at this property for 5 nights and I cant wait to go back. Our villa was huge with beautiful views of the Indian Ocean… an outdoor living and dining room and a beautiful private pool. I hardly ever wanted to leave the room! The bed, bedding, toiletries etc were all so top notch. Gold flatware and beautiful Bvlgari dish ware as well. The food on this resort was some of the best I’ve ever had in my life. Usually room service food is sub par- but the Bulgaris room service menu was amazing! Had dinner at their Italian restaurant Il Ristorante twice and loved every single morsel of food. It was awarded ‘BEST HOTEL RESTAURANT IN THE WORLD by International Food & Beverage forum and it completely lives up to that claim. We enjoyed our share of lobster, wagyu beef, fresh pasta and seafood while staying here and everything was expertly prepared every time. Cocktails were extremely unique and made with top shelf liquor, fresh pressed juices and exotic fruits. On to the spa- I had read a ton of reviews boasting about how unbelievable this spa is but unfortunately while we were there is was under construction. I was super bummed about this because I utilize the spa every single day on vacation. However, they relocated it to one of their private residences on site (which was selling for 7m US) for the time being which was an enormous mansion with beautiful views. Also, the moment I expressed the slightest bit of dissatisfaction about this spa scenario, the manager offered my husband and I a complimentary 90 min couples massage in the privacy of our own villa showered in rose petals! (a $350 value). I thought that was really classy of them! We really appreciated that! Turn down service was great- they always left little gifts like aromatherapy bath salts and candles or a really nice lavender eye mask for sleep etc. The gym was the nicest hotel gym I’ve been in. The main pool and bar are so breathtaking I wished I could just stand there and stare at the views forever. Service was 20/10. Our butler was superb and every staff member we walked by on the resort called us Mrs + Mr Barber with a friendly smile. At a price tag of minimum $1,400US for the lowest standard room (keep in mind we are in Bali here), not including any food or drink. this hotel carries a hefty price tag… BUT its so luxurious and worth the experience if you can afford it! Thank you Bvlgari Bali for making our Balinese vacation unforgettable! Will be back for sure!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

The Bulgari is all about the wow factor, style and charm. While I would really recommend this for couples we had our 9 year old son with us and we all received fantastic service with loads of smiles. My other recommendation is to pay the extra for the ocean view because with this hotel it is all about the view. However, if you can’t afford the extra spend you can always hang out at the pool and bar area and get your view fix there. As for eating, don't miss Il Ristorante, the high end signature restaurant which serves modern Italian with fresh Balinese ingredients. It was fantastic silver service dining but we did not like the fact they allowed smoking. We luckily avoided a couple of smokers who were seated next to us just as we finished our meal. Admittedly, the restaurant is open air but having smokers next to us when we were eating would have really spoiled the experience. Breakfast is also a highlight, especially on the terrace . For a special occasion or a treat a couple of nights here is an amazing experience.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

This hotel is absolutely breathtaking. Security is stringent on arrival.

At reception we were taken by buggy to ‘The Bar’. As visitors we were welcomed to the resort.

This resort is built on a cliff face, everything is spread out so you need to catch a buggy almost everywhere. The grounds are lush and immaculate.

The Bar is absolutely amazing, it has a beautiful trendy Balinese/outdoor feel – it’s situated on top of a cliff, looking over an infinity pool and the cliffs.

I immediately decided that I wanted to stay here forever. This is the perfect place for an intimate lunch or cocktail.

We started with a drink and were offered a selection of complimentary nibbles which were delightful. We then had coffee and cake this again was divine. We didn’t stay for lunch as we decided to go to the Alia in Uluwatu (wish we had).

This was the highlight of my trip to Uluwatu - I will definitely be back.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Bulgari Hotels & Resorts Bali? Share your experiences!