“Overrated over priced” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Bulgari Hotels & Resorts Bali

Save Saved
You added Bulgari Hotels & Resorts Bali to your Saves list
Bulgari Hotels & Resorts Bali
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   Jalan Goa Lempeh, Banjar Dinas Kangin, Pecatu, Bali 80364, Indonesia   |
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Pecatu
Chino Hills, California
“Overrated over priced”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

This perhaps is my lowest review on all the 5 star luxury resot I ever been, Lets star with the great.
The view and location is amazing and breath taking, sitting on the cliff side facing ocean, every inch of the property is a pleasure to stay and relax. All units are villa style, with private pool and patios. Bvgalry brand tolietry and decor are stylish and chick. Staffs are always smiling and friendly, greeting you by your Last name. Then it stops here.
We requested a Ocean view Villa, but stuck in a Villa with view on bushes and roofs. Took 6 calls and 3 hours later to tell us they wll try to accomodate us the next day on new villa. The buttler handles 20+ customer , so dont expect to see him too often, we often had to explain all over to a new person on the phone or in person. The SPA and beach are under maintanace, so my spa was done in a shallow corner in other side of the property--neverthe less not impressive with the service, shower didnt have the towel to use. the fire alarm went off in the middle. since the beach was closed we were arrange to Hyatt property for lunch. When we call to reschedule 30 min later, the conciere couldnt find our arrangement-- just after we end up ordering room service..they call back saying they were waiting for us to take us over ( 30 min drive). Only two restuarant at site, and the food is very average compare to other resorts in the area.* pricy too**, One of our Villa has broken phone, broken faccents so they couldnt use the bath at all. The villa is heavy infested with mosiquito & ants inside bathroom. I would strongly suggest management to provide repeller lamp, no the spray that dont work. Perhaps we are bit harsh on them, but if I pay 1500 a night, you do expect bit more on the service and quality of your stay. Unfortunally there is lots of choices in the area with similar or better pricing same amazing view. They did not wow me at all, exept the time I saw all those monkey on the roof top. Sorry, not coming back Bvlgary, Keep your day job: jewls.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013 via mobile

Went to Bulgari for 4 days 3 nights and I must say it is one of the grandest most spectacular resort in the world...but none of it will be important compared to the warm hospitality and diligence of the great people who work there.

I booked for an arrival transfer and was wowed when the greeter quickly ushered me through the crowd and got my passport stamped for me, effectively jumping a few hundred people's queue. The limo had nice towels and glass bottled branded water.

A short trip of 40 minutes got me there, to a remote dry area near a cliff next to the ocean(not sea). Security is tight at Bulgari and you will love it, as it keeps the exclusivity of the resort.

Check-in was smooth and I was given a minty welcome drink and before I knew was in the buggy to my villa with Putu, my butler. He knew when to be there, and gave follow up calls to ensure I was well served. Loved his service and sincerity. Next the villa, is gaga jaw-dropping. It has a outdoor living room next to 2 sunbeds with a quite deep plunge pool(more than 1.6m I could do thread water as exercise in the morning). The indoor area had a extremely high thatched Balinese roof above the large comfy bed, making one feel like a sultan. The bathroom was stupendous with a sunken bathtub, separate rain shower, and outdoor shower as well. All stocked with luxurious soap and even shaving cream.

Spa was best I had. I've probably gone through more than 59 therapists in my career with familiarization trips, complimentary sessions etc. The therapist Nitha(I hope I got her name right)could stretch out all the knots, and I have a twitchy sensitive back, which she managed to knead without me feeling ticklish. Throughout the session there was that assuring pop sound of revitalized muscle, tendon and bones.Her strokes were sure and strong, excellent for a weekend athlete like myself. In the end I requested for therapy from her again the next day.

I love Italian food and ate there at Il Ristorante all the time. The staff there know me by name so well. I was highly tempted to drink the supertuscan saccicaia but as I already had a haut-brion in my room, I settled for some other unique varieties of Italian wine like my favourite Soave. I ate so much there oh my god. Then I had a bright idea, on my last evening. I asked the chef to create me a linguine with my favourite foie gras as the highlight and he made this really memorable linguine with foie gras which was perfectly al dented I swear god must love me so much to bless me with.

I spent my days in the infinity pool, hot/cold jacuzzi, exercising in the villa(yoga), scuba diving...it was great. It's so exclusive there is no competition for resources here. No noisy kids running around, no irritating tourists or tour guides. At this level of achievement, the guests definitely know how to behave well.

I had an early flight out so I booked for a in-room breakfast. Got my breakfast fully customized. I wanted a whole pot of coffee, freshly squeezed green apples, mangosteens, and a pasta and there it was. Secretly the in-room breakfast was my safety net to ensure I woke up to catch the flight, as I told them to get the captain to enter my room to ensure I was awake.

It was nice to be served by Sonny, Putu, Anthony, Ong Kim, Jessica(restaurant host) and look forward to see them again in a few moons.

Now I am writing this from home, I miss this place. My maslovian needs are all fulfilled here.

• Stayed November 2013
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

Amazing amazing amazing! This is probably the nicest resort in Bali! Everything is perfect here- the food, the service, the perfectly manicured grounds, the location, the views, the villas etc! We stayed at this property for 5 nights and I cant wait to go back. Our villa was huge with beautiful views of the Indian Ocean… an outdoor living and dining room and a beautiful private pool. I hardly ever wanted to leave the room! The bed, bedding, toiletries etc were all so top notch. Gold flatware and beautiful Bvlgari dish ware as well. The food on this resort was some of the best I’ve ever had in my life. Usually room service food is sub par- but the Bulgaris room service menu was amazing! Had dinner at their Italian restaurant Il Ristorante twice and loved every single morsel of food. It was awarded ‘BEST HOTEL RESTAURANT IN THE WORLD by International Food & Beverage forum and it completely lives up to that claim. We enjoyed our share of lobster, wagyu beef, fresh pasta and seafood while staying here and everything was expertly prepared every time. Cocktails were extremely unique and made with top shelf liquor, fresh pressed juices and exotic fruits. On to the spa- I had read a ton of reviews boasting about how unbelievable this spa is but unfortunately while we were there is was under construction. I was super bummed about this because I utilize the spa every single day on vacation. However, they relocated it to one of their private residences on site (which was selling for 7m US) for the time being which was an enormous mansion with beautiful views. Also, the moment I expressed the slightest bit of dissatisfaction about this spa scenario, the manager offered my husband and I a complimentary 90 min couples massage in the privacy of our own villa showered in rose petals! (a $350 value). I thought that was really classy of them! We really appreciated that! Turn down service was great- they always left little gifts like aromatherapy bath salts and candles or a really nice lavender eye mask for sleep etc. The gym was the nicest hotel gym I’ve been in. The main pool and bar are so breathtaking I wished I could just stand there and stare at the views forever. Service was 20/10. Our butler was superb and every staff member we walked by on the resort called us Mrs + Mr Barber with a friendly smile. At a price tag of minimum $1,400US for the lowest standard room (keep in mind we are in Bali here), not including any food or drink. this hotel carries a hefty price tag… BUT its so luxurious and worth the experience if you can afford it! Thank you Bvlgari Bali for making our Balinese vacation unforgettable! Will be back for sure!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

The Bulgari is all about the wow factor, style and charm. While I would really recommend this for couples we had our 9 year old son with us and we all received fantastic service with loads of smiles. My other recommendation is to pay the extra for the ocean view because with this hotel it is all about the view. However, if you can’t afford the extra spend you can always hang out at the pool and bar area and get your view fix there. As for eating, don't miss Il Ristorante, the high end signature restaurant which serves modern Italian with fresh Balinese ingredients. It was fantastic silver service dining but we did not like the fact they allowed smoking. We luckily avoided a couple of smokers who were seated next to us just as we finished our meal. Admittedly, the restaurant is open air but having smokers next to us when we were eating would have really spoiled the experience. Breakfast is also a highlight, especially on the terrace . For a special occasion or a treat a couple of nights here is an amazing experience.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

This hotel is absolutely breathtaking. Security is stringent on arrival.

At reception we were taken by buggy to ‘The Bar’. As visitors we were welcomed to the resort.

This resort is built on a cliff face, everything is spread out so you need to catch a buggy almost everywhere. The grounds are lush and immaculate.

The Bar is absolutely amazing, it has a beautiful trendy Balinese/outdoor feel – it’s situated on top of a cliff, looking over an infinity pool and the cliffs.

I immediately decided that I wanted to stay here forever. This is the perfect place for an intimate lunch or cocktail.

We started with a drink and were offered a selection of complimentary nibbles which were delightful. We then had coffee and cake this again was divine. We didn’t stay for lunch as we decided to go to the Alia in Uluwatu (wish we had).

This was the highlight of my trip to Uluwatu - I will definitely be back.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

Got the chance to stay in this hotel. The name itself spells LUXURY. When we arrived at the airport, we were welcomed by a Bvlgari Staff and assisted us in the immigration, got a VIP treatment if you are staying at the hotel. On the way to the hotel, the car service (provided by the hotel) had refreshments and fresh towels ready to use, this gave me the impression that i will be having a great time in the hotel - and it was true enough all troughout our stay. We were welcomed by all smiling and very friendly staff with a drink called Virgin Mojito (non-alcoholic drink) which was superb and very well presented - and the view from the reception was - BREATHTAKING. We were transported to our villa using a baggy by our assigned Butler Putu - he was very helpful even offered to tour us around the area before settling our things in our villa, and yet again i was astounded by the scenic view and amenities they offer. Our villa is the best yet so far in entire existence, we had a mini pool with two pool beds onothe sides, our own dining area, inside the room we had a very luxurious bath tub and shower, complete with all amenities (Bvlgari perfumes, lotions, shampoo, etc) and the king size bed where you just want to sleep all day and the tv and speakers which am very particular was Bang and Olufsen, again spell the BEST! The best thing there is they also offer in room dining too which was amazing. We had breakfast, lunch and dinner at the hotels resto which was called Sangkar - food was great and service was excellent (the best so far). The second day we planned to take a dip in the pool. When we arrived at the pool area, we were again greeted by their very friendly staff and Ari (i guess he was the supervisor), again welcome drinks were offered and a tray of sunblocks and tanning lotions with different SPF were offered - amazing service. We were also treated with satay and lychee flavored ice-drops. The following day we were supposed to visit the beach however, it was was under construction so they offered an alternative instead, the hotel arranged everything from car service to food and drinks ) heading to their partner hotel - again it was another awesome experience.

We stayed at the hotel for 4 days and indeed it was an great experience. The service i believe is the best. They were very warm and even try to call you by your first name. I didn't find anything negative to write about the hotel. It twas all about pleasure and luxury at its best matched with excellent service. I miss Bali but it was Bvlagri Hotel and Resort that made memories to last a lifetime.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Westport, Connecticut
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

We planned a trip here and thought it would be a dream vacation. It turned out to be a nightmare. This resort is beautiful, and is in an incredible spot. However, we did not realize it was inhabited by monkeys, as the resort is built on a cliffside of a former jungle that has been home to the monkey population forever. We rented a cliffside villa, #11, for the stunning views. It was unfortunately the favorite hang out place for a large clan of monkeys (around 20). They invaded our space, opened the sliding doors, trashed the place and ate all the food (coffee packets included!) We had to keep calling for help to chase them off. It made me so uneasy, and we felt like prisoners in our own villa. If you don't lock the doors (all the rooms are separate spaces) they will come in. One brave rather large monkey followed us right into the bedroom to retrieve some fruit, and then proceeded to eat it on the doorstep! You cannot move freely about this type of villa without being invaded and feeling very vulnerable. The staff there are lovely people, but there is very little they can do other than assist you and say they are sorry about the monkeys. My complaint is that we had no warning from the hotel, except a little card on the bedside table alerting us to the "local inhabitants" and said don't leave your belongings outside, as the monkeys will take things! I had no idea it would be the most stressful trip of my life. These monkeys can be aggressive and have been known to bite people for no reason. There are other villas where this is not as much of a problem. But, if you are renting cliffside, you have been warned! These monkeys also enjoy invading the restaurant at breakfast time. It was comical to a degree. The staff are used to chasing them off. Glorious end to our stay was when the brakes failed on one of the buggies (golf cart) used to cart us up the steep roads to the entrance of the resort. We nearly missed being thrown over a wall because the driver hit a wall as we were hurling backwards. Nothing like a bit of whiplash and a few scrapes to end your 5 star vacation. I cannot recommend this place!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Bulgari Hotels & Resorts Bali? Share your experiences!