“Heaven!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bulgari Resort Bali

You added Bulgari Resort Bali to your Saves list
Bulgari Resort Bali
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   Jalan Goa Lempeh, Banjar Dinas Kangin, Pecatu, Bali 80364, Indonesia (Formerly Bulgari Hotels & Resorts Bali)   |
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Pecatu
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
“Heaven!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

Amazing amazing amazing! This is probably the nicest resort in Bali! Everything is perfect here- the food, the service, the perfectly manicured grounds, the location, the views, the villas etc! We stayed at this property for 5 nights and I cant wait to go back. Our villa was huge with beautiful views of the Indian Ocean… an outdoor living and dining room and a beautiful private pool. I hardly ever wanted to leave the room! The bed, bedding, toiletries etc were all so top notch. Gold flatware and beautiful Bvlgari dish ware as well. The food on this resort was some of the best I’ve ever had in my life. Usually room service food is sub par- but the Bulgaris room service menu was amazing! Had dinner at their Italian restaurant Il Ristorante twice and loved every single morsel of food. It was awarded ‘BEST HOTEL RESTAURANT IN THE WORLD by International Food & Beverage forum and it completely lives up to that claim. We enjoyed our share of lobster, wagyu beef, fresh pasta and seafood while staying here and everything was expertly prepared every time. Cocktails were extremely unique and made with top shelf liquor, fresh pressed juices and exotic fruits. On to the spa- I had read a ton of reviews boasting about how unbelievable this spa is but unfortunately while we were there is was under construction. I was super bummed about this because I utilize the spa every single day on vacation. However, they relocated it to one of their private residences on site (which was selling for 7m US) for the time being which was an enormous mansion with beautiful views. Also, the moment I expressed the slightest bit of dissatisfaction about this spa scenario, the manager offered my husband and I a complimentary 90 min couples massage in the privacy of our own villa showered in rose petals! (a $350 value). I thought that was really classy of them! We really appreciated that! Turn down service was great- they always left little gifts like aromatherapy bath salts and candles or a really nice lavender eye mask for sleep etc. The gym was the nicest hotel gym I’ve been in. The main pool and bar are so breathtaking I wished I could just stand there and stare at the views forever. Service was 20/10. Our butler was superb and every staff member we walked by on the resort called us Mrs + Mr Barber with a friendly smile. At a price tag of minimum $1,400US for the lowest standard room (keep in mind we are in Bali here), not including any food or drink. this hotel carries a hefty price tag… BUT its so luxurious and worth the experience if you can afford it! Thank you Bvlgari Bali for making our Balinese vacation unforgettable! Will be back for sure!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

The Bulgari is all about the wow factor, style and charm. While I would really recommend this for couples we had our 9 year old son with us and we all received fantastic service with loads of smiles. My other recommendation is to pay the extra for the ocean view because with this hotel it is all about the view. However, if you can’t afford the extra spend you can always hang out at the pool and bar area and get your view fix there. As for eating, don't miss Il Ristorante, the high end signature restaurant which serves modern Italian with fresh Balinese ingredients. It was fantastic silver service dining but we did not like the fact they allowed smoking. We luckily avoided a couple of smokers who were seated next to us just as we finished our meal. Admittedly, the restaurant is open air but having smokers next to us when we were eating would have really spoiled the experience. Breakfast is also a highlight, especially on the terrace . For a special occasion or a treat a couple of nights here is an amazing experience.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

This hotel is absolutely breathtaking. Security is stringent on arrival.

At reception we were taken by buggy to ‘The Bar’. As visitors we were welcomed to the resort.

This resort is built on a cliff face, everything is spread out so you need to catch a buggy almost everywhere. The grounds are lush and immaculate.

The Bar is absolutely amazing, it has a beautiful trendy Balinese/outdoor feel – it’s situated on top of a cliff, looking over an infinity pool and the cliffs.

I immediately decided that I wanted to stay here forever. This is the perfect place for an intimate lunch or cocktail.

We started with a drink and were offered a selection of complimentary nibbles which were delightful. We then had coffee and cake this again was divine. We didn’t stay for lunch as we decided to go to the Alia in Uluwatu (wish we had).

This was the highlight of my trip to Uluwatu - I will definitely be back.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

Got the chance to stay in this hotel. The name itself spells LUXURY. When we arrived at the airport, we were welcomed by a Bvlgari Staff and assisted us in the immigration, got a VIP treatment if you are staying at the hotel. On the way to the hotel, the car service (provided by the hotel) had refreshments and fresh towels ready to use, this gave me the impression that i will be having a great time in the hotel - and it was true enough all troughout our stay. We were welcomed by all smiling and very friendly staff with a drink called Virgin Mojito (non-alcoholic drink) which was superb and very well presented - and the view from the reception was - BREATHTAKING. We were transported to our villa using a baggy by our assigned Butler Putu - he was very helpful even offered to tour us around the area before settling our things in our villa, and yet again i was astounded by the scenic view and amenities they offer. Our villa is the best yet so far in entire existence, we had a mini pool with two pool beds onothe sides, our own dining area, inside the room we had a very luxurious bath tub and shower, complete with all amenities (Bvlgari perfumes, lotions, shampoo, etc) and the king size bed where you just want to sleep all day and the tv and speakers which am very particular was Bang and Olufsen, again spell the BEST! The best thing there is they also offer in room dining too which was amazing. We had breakfast, lunch and dinner at the hotels resto which was called Sangkar - food was great and service was excellent (the best so far). The second day we planned to take a dip in the pool. When we arrived at the pool area, we were again greeted by their very friendly staff and Ari (i guess he was the supervisor), again welcome drinks were offered and a tray of sunblocks and tanning lotions with different SPF were offered - amazing service. We were also treated with satay and lychee flavored ice-drops. The following day we were supposed to visit the beach however, it was was under construction so they offered an alternative instead, the hotel arranged everything from car service to food and drinks ) heading to their partner hotel - again it was another awesome experience.

We stayed at the hotel for 4 days and indeed it was an great experience. The service i believe is the best. They were very warm and even try to call you by your first name. I didn't find anything negative to write about the hotel. It twas all about pleasure and luxury at its best matched with excellent service. I miss Bali but it was Bvlagri Hotel and Resort that made memories to last a lifetime.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Westport, Connecticut
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

We planned a trip here and thought it would be a dream vacation. It turned out to be a nightmare. This resort is beautiful, and is in an incredible spot. However, we did not realize it was inhabited by monkeys, as the resort is built on a cliffside of a former jungle that has been home to the monkey population forever. We rented a cliffside villa, #11, for the stunning views. It was unfortunately the favorite hang out place for a large clan of monkeys (around 20). They invaded our space, opened the sliding doors, trashed the place and ate all the food (coffee packets included!) We had to keep calling for help to chase them off. It made me so uneasy, and we felt like prisoners in our own villa. If you don't lock the doors (all the rooms are separate spaces) they will come in. One brave rather large monkey followed us right into the bedroom to retrieve some fruit, and then proceeded to eat it on the doorstep! You cannot move freely about this type of villa without being invaded and feeling very vulnerable. The staff there are lovely people, but there is very little they can do other than assist you and say they are sorry about the monkeys. My complaint is that we had no warning from the hotel, except a little card on the bedside table alerting us to the "local inhabitants" and said don't leave your belongings outside, as the monkeys will take things! I had no idea it would be the most stressful trip of my life. These monkeys can be aggressive and have been known to bite people for no reason. There are other villas where this is not as much of a problem. But, if you are renting cliffside, you have been warned! These monkeys also enjoy invading the restaurant at breakfast time. It was comical to a degree. The staff are used to chasing them off. Glorious end to our stay was when the brakes failed on one of the buggies (golf cart) used to cart us up the steep roads to the entrance of the resort. We nearly missed being thrown over a wall because the driver hit a wall as we were hurling backwards. Nothing like a bit of whiplash and a few scrapes to end your 5 star vacation. I cannot recommend this place!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Perth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

There is nothing I can fault this resort on.

I will list the things that impressed me the most:

1. All the staff were friendly and helpful. It was a good touch to be addressed personally when attending dinner and breakfast.
2. Room service was the fastest I have experienced. We requested a bucket of ice and within 5 to 10 minutes it was delivered.
3. I asked for 2 pieces of clothes to be ironed. The long pants had 2 small holes in them, before I sent them off. Room service phoned me to check if indeed they were damaged. Any other hotel would have not bothered.
4. The food and wine in the restaurant was of the highest quality.
5. The Villa was amazing

Yes it's expensive but you MUST experience this resort !

The only negative was that the lift down to the beach was under maintenance.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Denpasar, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

It's their wonderful hospitality that keeps me coming back especially to their restaurants. Their receptions, waiters/waitresses, security guards even the buggy driver are so friendly. When I was about to leave The Bar on my lates visit, a waitress who carried a tray full of plates surprisingly took a time to turn around and say goodbye to me. Highly appreciated! There's no doubt about their foods and drinks. The Bar's mocktails and desserts are heaven! The strawberry virgin mojito and chocolate fudge cake are must try.

Room Tip: Great dinner time: Try to get there as earliest before the sun goes down to get a perfect spot at Th...