“Beware of the monkeys here!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Bulgari Hotels & Resorts Bali

Save Saved
You added Bulgari Hotels & Resorts Bali to your Saves list
Bulgari Hotels & Resorts Bali
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   Jalan Goa Lempeh, Banjar Dinas Kangin, Pecatu, Bali 80364, Indonesia   |
Ranked #3 of 9 hotels in Pecatu
Westport, Connecticut
“Beware of the monkeys here!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

We planned a trip here and thought it would be a dream vacation. It turned out to be a nightmare. This resort is beautiful, and is in an incredible spot. However, we did not realize it was inhabited by monkeys, as the resort is built on a cliffside of a former jungle that has been home to the monkey population forever. We rented a cliffside villa, #11, for the stunning views. It was unfortunately the favorite hang out place for a large clan of monkeys (around 20). They invaded our space, opened the sliding doors, trashed the place and ate all the food (coffee packets included!) We had to keep calling for help to chase them off. It made me so uneasy, and we felt like prisoners in our own villa. If you don't lock the doors (all the rooms are separate spaces) they will come in. One brave rather large monkey followed us right into the bedroom to retrieve some fruit, and then proceeded to eat it on the doorstep! You cannot move freely about this type of villa without being invaded and feeling very vulnerable. The staff there are lovely people, but there is very little they can do other than assist you and say they are sorry about the monkeys. My complaint is that we had no warning from the hotel, except a little card on the bedside table alerting us to the "local inhabitants" and said don't leave your belongings outside, as the monkeys will take things! I had no idea it would be the most stressful trip of my life. These monkeys can be aggressive and have been known to bite people for no reason. There are other villas where this is not as much of a problem. But, if you are renting cliffside, you have been warned! These monkeys also enjoy invading the restaurant at breakfast time. It was comical to a degree. The staff are used to chasing them off. Glorious end to our stay was when the brakes failed on one of the buggies (golf cart) used to cart us up the steep roads to the entrance of the resort. We nearly missed being thrown over a wall because the driver hit a wall as we were hurling backwards. Nothing like a bit of whiplash and a few scrapes to end your 5 star vacation. I cannot recommend this place!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

309 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Perth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

There is nothing I can fault this resort on.

I will list the things that impressed me the most:

1. All the staff were friendly and helpful. It was a good touch to be addressed personally when attending dinner and breakfast.
2. Room service was the fastest I have experienced. We requested a bucket of ice and within 5 to 10 minutes it was delivered.
3. I asked for 2 pieces of clothes to be ironed. The long pants had 2 small holes in them, before I sent them off. Room service phoned me to check if indeed they were damaged. Any other hotel would have not bothered.
4. The food and wine in the restaurant was of the highest quality.
5. The Villa was amazing

Yes it's expensive but you MUST experience this resort !

The only negative was that the lift down to the beach was under maintenance.

Denpasar, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

It's their wonderful hospitality that keeps me coming back especially to their restaurants. Their receptions, waiters/waitresses, security guards even the buggy driver are so friendly. When I was about to leave The Bar on my lates visit, a waitress who carried a tray full of plates surprisingly took a time to turn around and say goodbye to me. Highly appreciated! There's no doubt about their foods and drinks. The Bar's mocktails and desserts are heaven! The strawberry virgin mojito and chocolate fudge cake are must try.

Room Tip: Great dinner time: Try to get there as earliest before the sun goes down to get a perfect spot at Th...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

Bulgari is a good choice to stay in Uluwatu, strikingly beautiful and delightfully less dense part of Bali.

You can trust Bulgari be a Bulgari so it's a good choice to stay: the best food on the island , rooms are moody and sleek with industrious maggiordomo, the finest stationary, stylish resort bags and robes, selection of delectable treats with turndown service, great private yoga under cruel tutelage of an Indonesian version of Pai Mei (thumbs up).

4 stars for such niceties? The inclinator to the beach was out of order both times in 2007 and 2013.

Nonetheless I'm tenacious and will for sure come again, at least for lunch.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
kohima
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

Stayed here with a group of friends on holiday in September 2013. This review is being made keeping in view the level of expectation one expects from the Bulgari brand.
First the few complaints. Service for food takes more than normal time, not the standard 30 minutes fare in the villas. The check in could have been faster. I have tasted much better and tastier Italian food in many many more hotels and restaurants. The villa in which I stayed did not have the straw slippers which was provided in my friends villa (not that I needed them). The dry fruits provided in two bowls in the living room did not get replaced or removed for five days even after they were opened, same with the sweets in the bedroom. The other villa did not get the dry fruits. The housekeeping can definitely improve as the mini bar never got refilled. They also left an ugly crate of drinking water bottles in the middle if our living room throughout our stay. The above factors did not in any manner effect our stay, but as I mentioned earlier, this review is being made in view of the highest level of expectations from a brand like Bulgari. Another disappointment was our inability to access the beach. The hotel communique said that the beach has been closed because of the rains (surprising) but we later realised that the lift that connects to the beach had been out of order for weeks. Another disappointment was that we requested for a late check out. We left at 8 pm. But this was not accepted and we had to pay for an extra day though we never stayed an extra day.
Now the positives.
The service provided by the butlers were almost impeccable. They walked more than the extra mile for all our needs and demands. The food is good and more to an international palate and not as Balinese as in restaurants and in the street. The breakfast were excellent and no matter what time you walked in, you will get a full breakfast. The spa is perhaps one of the best I have ever been to. The open spa rooms that open into the ocean was truly relaxing. The therapists are amongst the best in the world. The Balinese hot stone massage is a must. The swimming pools are great. All pools are infinity pools including the one in my villa. The ocean cliff villas we stayed in (19 and 11) had magnificent views of the ocean.
Full marks to the butlers. The resort is designed in a very natural environment and the are no signs of noisy modernity like cars and machines. Only golf buggies are used for transportation.
We enjoyed a full roasted suckling piglet for our last meal. Though not part of the menu the chef prepared an extraordinary meal which was out of the world. It was brought down to the villa and the chef was on standby to cut and serve us.
There are some interesting stuff to pick up in the gift shop. I bought a few things which were too big to fit into my suitcase but the butlers got them packed and ready and sealed without any problems. The butlers will do anything for you, from getting you SIM cards, paying your phone bills, hiring a hatch, anything.
All in all, a wonderful holiday. A great place for rest and relaxation and for a honeymoon. I will definitely go again if the opportunity comes. And I also recommend it for all my friends.
The resort is located in a village and the road to the resort is in very poor condition but that is perhaps not the resort's fault. The free gifts at the spa and the wooden toys were a nice touch.
If you are on a honeymoon or on a rest and relaxation holiday, this is the place for you as you are away from it all. The Bose music systems are welcome.
A holiday I will remember of a long time. Thanks Bulgari.

Room Tip: Look out for the "local residents" the monkeys. Keep your villas closed and if eating outs...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

This is my second times in Bali Bvlgari Resort. I really do not know how to describe this beautiful resort. maybe the words that i can use is Stunning/Awesome/Excellent. Every times i been there i feel that my feeling was relaxing and lazy. Resort is like a Heaven. service is fantastic where ever you go the staff great you by name make you feel like home. staff that give me good impression always serve you with a Smile.like (Dewi/Erna) From Restaurant (Putra/Bella/Vin) From the front desk and one of the korean lady in the reception all is awesome keep it the hard work.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

Wow. This resort was amazing. The landscaping, the views, the service, the furnishing... everything is so picturesque, awe inspiring. No wonder one of the staff told me they have weddings here almost every day.

This is one of the best resorts you will ever stay in. The food is also amazing, with the best food in my opinion at the bar, the waygu burger :)

Words cannot describe how beautiful this resort is. Especially the cliff villa, with the ocean and cliff right within reach. It is awe inspiring. The staff also go above and beyond. We asked for fresh coconuts and they delivered these to our villa.

Overall amazing service, quality -- very happy with everything at this amazing one of a kind resort!

Room Tip: Take the cliff villa, trust me, it is worth it! You will not regret it!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Bulgari Hotels & Resorts Bali? Share your experiences!