I just came back from Bvglari , Uluwatu and had a lovely last evening but there were a number of hiccups and this is not to blame entirely on the management, but there was a lack of consistency in SOP with the staff.
Some things can be let go of, but for the price you pay, I know having been to smaller resorts in Bali, you expect Value Exchange.
1.The room was beautiful and clean, but 2/3 times with the Do Not Disturb sign on, our room was entered anyway.
2. When I asked staff for a missing room coffee filter for the loose Coffee to strain, the staff had no idea and neither attempted to find out and get back to me.
3. We ordered the golf karts to the lobby , and 2/3 times they were VERY late and we were nearly late for the wedding in the estate across from us. I felt they should have let us know a time frame, so perhaps we could have walked to the lobby instead. It took 30-45mins.
4. Ordering items like cigarettes took just as long, 30 misn and we had to call at least 3 times.
5. At breakfast I was refused in the buffet area with a bikini top and shorts, which I understood, so we were told to sit at the bar just below, which in fact was a lot quieter and a lot more intimate, which we really appreciated. The next day we asked to sit there again, dressed appropriately this time, but different staff, said different things with allowing us and we were left hanging a bit too long, so with lack of consistency in training, they should be able to tell us off the cuff what we can or cannot do. We ended up eating there any way.
6. I had a mini ordeal with my mobile dropping into the pool, so I asked if it was okay to have a tiny bowl of uncooked rice, which we honestly thought after all the waiting we would not expect to be charged , so we were surprised when they wanted to charge us for the price of cooked rice.
7. The last day at dinner , my partner who enjoys drinking Coke cola ordered a glass and upon drinking it , he let the staff know this was diet coke or either Pepsi, which he does not like . I tried it and let the staff know they made a mistake, fair enough. But they came back and insisted it was coke. We ordered a bottle of still water on the side of our meal , and they filled our glasses once and we never saw the other half of the bottle. When the bill came, the order said "Diet Coke", and it was obvious they HAD made a mistake and charged us for a full bottle of still which we would have drank if it was left on our table.
We had voiced our concerns to the Director of Rooms, Marcel, who was a fantastic guy who understood our frustrations at the small things, but to be honest we had only wanted the name of the MOD when we asked the bar staff and they ended up calling the BAr manager who then called the D.O.R and we really wanted to eat our breakfast in peace, but they ran around calling all the managers when we JUST wanted a name. We explained none of them were in trouble we just wanted a Name.
8. Lastly consistency in breakfast was average. The first day we had a lovely Eggs Benedict on bread with potato , fried tomato, with chicken sausage and bacon, the next day, there was no sausage or no bacon with the meal?!?
Well overall , I still would like to go back, I just wish they would take care of the smaller details for the price that you pay.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.