“Decent Hotel; Stay elsewhere” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Bulgari Hotels & Resorts Bali

Save Saved
You added Bulgari Hotels & Resorts Bali to your Saves list
Bulgari Hotels & Resorts Bali
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   Jalan Goa Lempeh, Banjar Dinas Kangin, Pecatu, Bali 80364, Indonesia   |
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Pecatu
“Decent Hotel; Stay elsewhere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

I stayed 3 nights for a friend's wedding in Bali. Location is good; beach was closed so had to share a beach with the Marriott property.

Resort itself is pretty, the villa was nice. Finishes were spectacular but a little over the top i.e.bang and olufsen TV is not necessary. A large Sony seems a lot more practical.

Bathroom was nice and spacious, private dipping pool was small but functional. I feel like I paid a lot for the "bulgari" name rather than the actual hotel. A lot of it seemed a little gimmicky or obnoxious i.e. checking vehicles for bombs at the entrance gate of the hotel.

One thing that was undoubtedly spectacular was their service. My butler (forgot his name) arranged everything I wanted in my suite to perfection. They also threw in a free gift everyday which was kind of nice.

Two disappointing things about this hotel:

Laundry service: laundry was pretty bad. Melted some of my buttons of my shirt and made a new ironing line on my trousers.

Breakfast was not very good.
Would not stay here again.

Room Tip: all villas are nice
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

I just came back from Bvglari , Uluwatu and had a lovely last evening but there were a number of hiccups and this is not to blame entirely on the management, but there was a lack of consistency in SOP with the staff.
Some things can be let go of, but for the price you pay, I know having been to smaller resorts in Bali, you expect Value Exchange.
1.The room was beautiful and clean, but 2/3 times with the Do Not Disturb sign on, our room was entered anyway.
2. When I asked staff for a missing room coffee filter for the loose Coffee to strain, the staff had no idea and neither attempted to find out and get back to me.
3. We ordered the golf karts to the lobby , and 2/3 times they were VERY late and we were nearly late for the wedding in the estate across from us. I felt they should have let us know a time frame, so perhaps we could have walked to the lobby instead. It took 30-45mins.
4. Ordering items like cigarettes took just as long, 30 misn and we had to call at least 3 times.
5. At breakfast I was refused in the buffet area with a bikini top and shorts, which I understood, so we were told to sit at the bar just below, which in fact was a lot quieter and a lot more intimate, which we really appreciated. The next day we asked to sit there again, dressed appropriately this time, but different staff, said different things with allowing us and we were left hanging a bit too long, so with lack of consistency in training, they should be able to tell us off the cuff what we can or cannot do. We ended up eating there any way.
6. I had a mini ordeal with my mobile dropping into the pool, so I asked if it was okay to have a tiny bowl of uncooked rice, which we honestly thought after all the waiting we would not expect to be charged , so we were surprised when they wanted to charge us for the price of cooked rice.
7. The last day at dinner , my partner who enjoys drinking Coke cola ordered a glass and upon drinking it , he let the staff know this was diet coke or either Pepsi, which he does not like . I tried it and let the staff know they made a mistake, fair enough. But they came back and insisted it was coke. We ordered a bottle of still water on the side of our meal , and they filled our glasses once and we never saw the other half of the bottle. When the bill came, the order said "Diet Coke", and it was obvious they HAD made a mistake and charged us for a full bottle of still which we would have drank if it was left on our table.
We had voiced our concerns to the Director of Rooms, Marcel, who was a fantastic guy who understood our frustrations at the small things, but to be honest we had only wanted the name of the MOD when we asked the bar staff and they ended up calling the BAr manager who then called the D.O.R and we really wanted to eat our breakfast in peace, but they ran around calling all the managers when we JUST wanted a name. We explained none of them were in trouble we just wanted a Name.
8. Lastly consistency in breakfast was average. The first day we had a lovely Eggs Benedict on bread with potato , fried tomato, with chicken sausage and bacon, the next day, there was no sausage or no bacon with the meal?!?

Well overall , I still would like to go back, I just wish they would take care of the smaller details for the price that you pay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

Went there for lunch, the service was out of the world, simply incredible. The food was very very nice. I found the food great value and would go again and again. Well done bulgari, nothing but the best

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for two nights as part of our honeymoon. We had high expectations for the hotel and were not disappointed. We were told that the resort was almost full but hardly saw anyone while we were there. In fact one of the highlights was lunch at the cliff side cafe which is one of the most beautiful spots you can imagine and we only shared it with the staff and some inquisitive monkeys.

Staff were all friendly, helpful and service was great.

Overall a great experience.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Shenzhen, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

We stayed in for 4 nites. The experience there is the best for our BALI holiday!
The staff is really nice and PRO, Plus you can find there are really enjoy working in this place.
I mean all the five hotels now is trying there are best to call you name during your stay to make you feel relaxed, but in here, they make you feel they called your name not because of the company policy, but because they do know you already, and want you to be happy.
they do have many monkeys in the resorts, but as long as you are not carrying with food, there harmless. Could be the highlight for the hotel.
the Spa was very nice, the food it really good!
and there was no bugs around... (as I was not going to book this hotel at frist is due to some feedbacks mentioned there are many many many bugs on your bed...Good I booked it at last!) even our pool just right next to the cliff do not have any bugs.
over all it was one of the very nice hotel I ve stayed. =)

Room Tip: Ocean cliff Villa very good
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Paris
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

We stayed at the Bulgari hotel in Sept '13. This is our fourth visit to Bali (previously stayed at Bale, Ritz Carlton, and Four Seasons) and as before thoroughly enjoyed our visit. The hotel villas are very nice and very private. They're a little dark for my taste but I think this is more of a brand-Bulgari choice rather than a fault. The TV/audio are high spec and have good channel access for the late night vegeing when back from dinner. For those who like to keep in touch with the world the wifi is excellent.

The food in the Italian restaurant and the cocktails at the bar are of the highest quality but a little pricey when compared to what you can get 20-30min away in Jimbarin.

The staff make the difference between most other hotels I've stayed in here in Bali with them meeting every unusual request I had. Serious thanks to them and they're a credit to the Island the hotel's management.

The hotel's plus points are;
1. definitely one of the quietest hotels i've stayed at in Bali. heard zero noise, music, etc. for our neighbour villas despite being relatively close.
2. amazing views
3. very friendly staff
4. very private

The negative points are;
1. mosquitoes (five or six flying around in the spa changing room) seemed more prevalent than other hotels I've stayed in. Granted this is pretty subjective.
2. food quite pricey and very little options

Room Tip: The cliff Villas have the most amazing views but the Ocean villas are much cheaper and although have...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Stayed at the very last day of our honeymoon after spending 4 nites at Komaneka Ubud on 2011. It is not worth the price.

Pros: good view, good sound system, nice in-villa pool.

Cons: compare to the local hotel we went, the service was worse, no sense of hospitality. the bathrooms was not that clean with dust under the basinz Some monkeys ate our juice.

• Stayed October 2012

Been to Bulgari Hotels & Resorts Bali? Share your experiences!