“bvlgari” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bulgari Resort Bali

You added Bulgari Resort Bali to your Saves list
Bulgari Resort Bali
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   Jalan Goa Lempeh, Banjar Dinas Kangin, Pecatu, Bali 80364, Indonesia (Formerly Bulgari Hotels & Resorts Bali)   |
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Pecatu
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“bvlgari”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

The Bvlgari is situated in one of the most beautiful spots in the world, sitting on the cliff top overlooking a tranquil Indian Sea , creamy skies which blend into the sea, the scent of frangipanis, soft Balinese music and a feeling of being in a secluded bubble at the end of the world. Pretty romantic and an experience of real happiness. The main infinity pool, I rate as being the best I have visited. The food was lovely, service genuinely friendly and discreet. Nothing is over obvious or over-branded. Unlike flashy modern resorts,the hotel is a testament to beautiful organic architecture, minimal chic dark tones with a Balinese soul sitting comfortably in the land .
There will always be imperfections where ever you go and what ever you pay but to focus on those details you would be sadly missing the privilge it was to stay here .
i

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Fort Myers, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

We have now stayed at Amanusa, Bulgari and St. Regis in Bali. While we would return to the other two (see reviews), we will not return to Bulgari. Admittedly, we are regular Aman guests so this was our basis of comparison. But given that the pricing and the business model are the same (villa style resort in unique or picturesque locations), we believe the comparison is fair.

First, the service was good but not great as in Aman resorts. At Bulgari, a number of requests needed repeating and a few requests were fulfilled incorrectly due to misunderstanding of the request.

Second, this property is seriously aging and while there are quite a few maintenance staff visible, the quality of workmanship of the repairs is very visibly substandard to the original construction, providing an ugly contrast...especially since there are so many visible repairs. And then there are the issues that others have written about...with the "band aid" repairs, they can't really fix the problem. And example...we had two leaks in our bathroom, one coming from the sink drain and also coming through two different doors from outside (from the air conditioning condensation, so it was constant). They repaired the sink and it started leaking again two hours later. And they didn't even try to fix the leaking doors...just wiped up the extensive water from the floor that reappeared in an hour.

These are just examples...such issues are visible throghout the property...replaced stones with mismatching stones, replaced wood that doesn't quite fit in fit and finish, replaced materials that subsequently fell off and remain broken.

Throughout our stay we commented to ourselves that this resort is not worthy of the Bulgari brand and Bulgari should be ashamed to have their brand on such a (relatively) shoddy facility. We have stayed in Aman resorts that are of similar age, but they are kept up to date with quality workmanship.

The positive? An exceptional location...

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Taipei
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

I decide to write my first tripadvisor review for this hotel,
it's a unforgettable experience for me, It was my honeymoon trip,
We stayed 5 hotels in Bali, BULGARI was the best one!
Excellent service, room, food, facilities, and view!!!

Room Tip: Choose a Villa of course
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

I'm a travel agent. I've never written a trip advisor review after staying at hundreds of hotels worldwide. The experience we had at the Bvlgari Uluwatu has prompted me to write my first ever review and I can't say enough amazing things about our time there!
From the original reservation through to checkout, the service was seemless!!!
Upon arrival at the airport, the fast track service through customs leading into our cushy Toyota transfer with recliner seats the comfort of business class was above and beyond. I'd explained the visit was a surprise for my partners birthday and both staff members kept the secret perfectly until we sat in the car with complimentary Evian where the Bvlgari sign offering free in-transfer wifi indicated where we were going! My partner was blown away at the surprise!
We arrived in the incredible lobby to a refreshing virgin mojito and a generous welcome from our amazing Butler who took us on a guided tour of the property in our golf buggy before arriving at our Oceanview Villa. Worth. Every. Penny.
The bedroom, bathroom, private plunge pool overlooking the ocean, living area were all mind-blowing! I couldn't wipe the smile off my face as we were guided through the villa by our butler and left to our own devices knowing anything we needed was just a quick phonecall away!
There was a lovely welcome letter, a fruit platter and local sweets for us on arrival - watch out for the local cheeky monkeys who take advantage of an open door to steal the bananas!!! At dusk, a plate of profiteroles with gold leaf were delivered as an appetizer before our dinner.
It's one of those places you never have to leave - your own private world is enough to bask in! The in-villa service was wonderful! We had lunch and dinner delivered to the villa with an intricate chocolate cake with personalized Happy Birthday chocolate plaque delivered with dinner as a surprise!
The bed is indescribably comfortable!!! Like all of your lifelong wishing-well wishes put together into bed format! The pillows and robes were just as devine along with all of the Bvlgari toiletries throughout the villa!
Breakfast the next morning was wonderful with a lovely view over the cliff to the ocean, and options of Indonesian, American or Japanese breakfast. We loved both the American (great poached eggs!) and Indonesian options! We had the lovely Hotel Manager personally approach us to ensure we'd had a lovely stay - I couldn't compliment his hotel and staff enough!
The escort down to the private beach (only accessible by Bvlgari clientele) was almost choreographed! We had the beach to ourselves for a time and had towels on our daybeds before we even walked across the sand to them! Once we'd caught the gondola back up to the property, we had a golf buggy waiting for us to take us wherever we wanted to go!
The cocktails we ordered were tasty and well priced - about AUD$15 each with tax. All the food and drinks in fact, though pricey for what people might expect out of Bali were much better priced than what you would find in Melbourne for a much lesser hotel so we were pleasantly surprised not to have spent more!
I'd go back as much as I could afford to! The service, the property, the location all far exceeded 5star! I can't wait to send my clients here and have them blown away as much as I was!!!
Thank you Blvgari Uluwatu, can't wait to come back!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed April 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

Is a five star resort but they provide 6 STAR service..is the staff make me miss Bvlgari Bali...From the bottom of heart,I sincerely thanks all staffs,especially staff from Sengkar restaurant,all butlers of the resort and a lady name Alisha.you'll are the angel of Bvlgari Bali...first class!!!

• Stayed April 2013
Sylvania Township, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

I loved the resort and our four night stay there was spectacular. I love animals so I enjoyed seeing the monkeys on the beach. We were warned not to leave food on our private plung pool area as they will steal anything of interest. I thought the inclinerater ride to the beach was spectacular as was having lunch at their little cafe overlooking the surf. Our room was spectacular and I can only compare it to Singita Boulders in South Africa. The service was great, food excellent, and I have only to complain that we only stayed three nights and now I wish I would have booked a week.

Room Tip: Stay longer than you thought.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I wanted to keep the best reviews for last, but I felt compelled to write this one. My wife and I were on a honeymoon and chose Bulgari to be our first of 3 hotels in Bali. We took a taxi from the airport and it took us about 20 to 30 minutes to get there. It was truly an adventure for newcomers and first-timers to Bali because as the taxi took us away from the city and into the quiet small and curvy road, we were finally led to the main gate. It was highly secured with well-trained security staff who checked the trunk and hood of the car (and this became a normal practice for top and well-known resorts in Bali).

We were dropped off at the outdoor check-in and were greeted by the friendly staff and - our now favorite - the herbojito! It is mojito + herbs but I think it was uniquely Balinese, if I can safely claim that.

We later realize and began to understand that the resort is huge. Your common transport would be the elongated golf cart, or I think they called it the "buggie." Your personal butler (yes, your personal butler) takes you around and will arrive within minutes upon a quick phone call from your villa.

There are only villas at this hotel resort and they are very private. The villa consists of a patio with comfortable sofas and a wonderful shade to block the sun, a private pool that is always warm to lounge and sip on your cocktail, and a very sizeable indoor villa that consists of a large bedroom that has a quick access to the outdoor to the pool/patio area via moving window doors, your own small office table located next to the entrance to the indoor villa, two separate closets for you and your lover, and the other highlight of our villa - the restroom.

I don't know how to describe this "restroom." It literally is a room that you can rest, shower (love the rainfall shower head with the regular shower head), bathe in the protruding encased bathtub at the center of the room, do your makeup (for my beautiful wife), and an outdoor shower right outside.

We ate on our first dinner at Sangkor Restaurant, which deservedly needs a separate review on Tripadvisor later. All the in-room dining that we can order from our villa was perfect. They even provide you with local fruits (like, fruit of the day) everyday in front of your bed. Rental DVDs for your villa can easily be accessed by a phone call and your butler will deliver it to you. We watched 3 movies and they were all good. Was it the movie or the ambiance of watching them in your villa? That's the undiscovered secret of staying at Bulgari - to enjoy even the simple things like watching a movie in the convenience of your room and eating fruits - become amplified at this beautiful hotel resort.

Our special thanks to Nana (Sri Murtana) for meeting us at random times during our stay at the hotel resort. He made us feel very welcome, sincerely inquired about the pleasant of our stay, and became a good friend, which you wouldn't find at any hotel resort. We both look forward to meeting him again in our next trip to Bali. Terima kasih.

Room Tip: All are villas with your personal butler and personal pool. Highly recommend Sangkor Restaurant, whi...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Bulgari Resort Bali? Share your experiences!