I wanted to keep the best reviews for last, but I felt compelled to write this one. My wife and I were on a honeymoon and chose Bulgari to be our first of 3 hotels in Bali. We took a taxi from the airport and it took us about 20 to 30 minutes to get there. It was truly an adventure for newcomers and first-timers to Bali because as the taxi took us away from the city and into the quiet small and curvy road, we were finally led to the main gate. It was highly secured with well-trained security staff who checked the trunk and hood of the car (and this became a normal practice for top and well-known resorts in Bali).
We were dropped off at the outdoor check-in and were greeted by the friendly staff and - our now favorite - the herbojito! It is mojito + herbs but I think it was uniquely Balinese, if I can safely claim that.
We later realize and began to understand that the resort is huge. Your common transport would be the elongated golf cart, or I think they called it the "buggie." Your personal butler (yes, your personal butler) takes you around and will arrive within minutes upon a quick phone call from your villa.
There are only villas at this hotel resort and they are very private. The villa consists of a patio with comfortable sofas and a wonderful shade to block the sun, a private pool that is always warm to lounge and sip on your cocktail, and a very sizeable indoor villa that consists of a large bedroom that has a quick access to the outdoor to the pool/patio area via moving window doors, your own small office table located next to the entrance to the indoor villa, two separate closets for you and your lover, and the other highlight of our villa - the restroom.
I don't know how to describe this "restroom." It literally is a room that you can rest, shower (love the rainfall shower head with the regular shower head), bathe in the protruding encased bathtub at the center of the room, do your makeup (for my beautiful wife), and an outdoor shower right outside.
We ate on our first dinner at Sangkor Restaurant, which deservedly needs a separate review on Tripadvisor later. All the in-room dining that we can order from our villa was perfect. They even provide you with local fruits (like, fruit of the day) everyday in front of your bed. Rental DVDs for your villa can easily be accessed by a phone call and your butler will deliver it to you. We watched 3 movies and they were all good. Was it the movie or the ambiance of watching them in your villa? That's the undiscovered secret of staying at Bulgari - to enjoy even the simple things like watching a movie in the convenience of your room and eating fruits - become amplified at this beautiful hotel resort.
Our special thanks to Nana (Sri Murtana) for meeting us at random times during our stay at the hotel resort. He made us feel very welcome, sincerely inquired about the pleasant of our stay, and became a good friend, which you wouldn't find at any hotel resort. We both look forward to meeting him again in our next trip to Bali. Terima kasih.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Bulgari Resort Bali is located in one of the most exclusive destinations in the world, a veritable emblem of the tropical exoticism of the Orient, combining the breathtaking beauty of unspoiled nature of Bali beach resorts with a sophisticated contemporary design born from the encounter between traditional Balinese forms and high Italian style. The quality of the services along with the views of the Indian Ocean offered by its magnificent position 150 meters over the sea are the perfect introduction to the second luxury hotels from Bulgari Hotels & Resorts. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Splendia, HotelTravel.com, Despegar.com, Agoda, Marriott, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Bulgari Resort Bali reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bulgari Hotels & Resorts Bali Hotel Uluwatu
- Bulgari Hotels And Resorts Bali
- Bulgari Bali Hotel
- Bulgari Hotel Bali
- Bulgari Bali Resort
- Bvlgari Resort Bali
- Bulgari Resort Bali Pecatu