We stayed at the Bulgari for our first 2 nights in Bali before moving to a more central hotel in Seminyak to be closer to shopping/ restaurants and to be next to a beach where we can swim as opposed to the beach by the Bulgari which is beautiful but you cannot swim in it. We now regret it because the beach was horrible, the hotel terrible and the town of Seminyak really not great, very dirty and in need of sidewalk and street repairs ASAP. We should have stayed secluded at the Bulgari.
Our welcoming at the airport was smooth, we were assisted and quickly went through to obtain visas. We arrived at the resort late at night, we were greeted with a really good mojito to freshen up. We were then driven to our villa and wow! It was gorgeous! Great outdoor area with sitting and dining area as well as private infinity pool and lounge chairs overlooking the ocean with shades should you want to close off the area more although very private.
The bedroom was very confortable, the bed linens amazing. We were welcomed with a private message from gm, fruits and dessert. The closet space was very spacious, his and hers separate closets. We were offered a beach bag and beach hats. The washroom was divine! Amazing bathtub and shower and an amazing outdoor shower. You wanted to shower more than twice a day! The amenities offered were so many from insect repellent, nail filer, brushes and much more. The Bulgari products are very good quality and the blow dryer was elchim. The only other hotel I know that elchim is the Petit Hotel in Montreal, an elchim blow dryer is a great touch for women.
The breakfast was excellent, food quality, choice and service. The pool was very nice with amazing view and lovely flowers which were also all over the resort. You felt like you were in Italy! The service at the pool was excellent - amazing large towels, great drink service, got free bouchees every hour, sun products were also offered. The washrooms by the pool were also gorgeous.
The beach is located low and you can get there by a great lift. The lounge area is very nice with sand. You can go on the beach, however it is not advised to swim. We took a long walk in the morning but at a point lage waves came and we had a hard time escaping them. The only thing this resort is missing is a great beach to lounge by all day. It is a gorgeous place to be, it would be only better if Bulgari built this hotel on an island with an amazing beach to complement this amazing resort. Bali was the wrong location for such a beautiful resort. We did not enjoy Bali and found it very overrated. The monkeys all over the resort were cute until they robbed our villa. We made sure to lock the windows and doors at all times, yet during our absence, a monkey made its way in through the roof which was not properly closed. Engineering and housekeeping immediately came to repair and clean up, however the incident took about an hour to be resolved so we did it get a chance to enjoy our pool as planned before dinner. Also, I did not find that the hotel did anything to compensate for the unpleasant experience given that the monkey got in due to an opening on the roof. On a negative note, we did not enjoy our massage at the spa. The welcoming was nice, however the bathrobes offered did not seem clean, they seemed to have been reused and the bed linens were not white, they had a pattern and did not look clean nor did they smell fresh. The treatment was not great - we were very surprised because they had received awards. We booked a 90 min treatment, but it really lasted 60 to 65 minutes maximum. Overall, this is a resort to stay in at least once however the spa experience needs to be improved to be up to par with the resort according to our experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Bulgari Resort Bali is located in one of the most exclusive destinations in the world, a veritable emblem of the tropical exoticism of the Orient, combining the breathtaking beauty of unspoiled nature of Bali beach resorts with a sophisticated contemporary design born from the encounter between traditional Balinese forms and high Italian style. The quality of the services along with the views of the Indian Ocean offered by its magnificent position 150 meters over the sea are the perfect introduction to the second luxury hotels from Bulgari Hotels & Resorts. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Despegar.com, Marriott, Agoda, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Bulgari Resort Bali reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bulgari Hotels & Resorts Bali Hotel Uluwatu
- Bulgari Hotels And Resorts Bali
- Bulgari Bali Hotel
- Bulgari Hotel Bali
- Bulgari Bali Resort
- Bvlgari Resort Bali
- Bulgari Resort Bali Pecatu