“Breathtaking Views, Intimate Remote Resort” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bulgari Resort Bali

You added Bulgari Resort Bali to your Saves list
Bulgari Resort Bali
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   Jalan Goa Lempeh, Banjar Dinas Kangin, Pecatu, Bali 80364, Indonesia (Formerly Bulgari Hotels & Resorts Bali)   |
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Pecatu
Certificate of Excellence 2014
New Orleans, LA
“Breathtaking Views, Intimate Remote Resort”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

This resort is luxury at its finest. Carved into a former rainforest, the resort is nestled atop a mountain with sweeping and dramatic vistas overlooking the beach. One must take a vernacular down to the private beach and bar area to access the serene and private each and Indian Ocean. Very remote and secluded, this resort is designed for those who desire to get away from it all, relax and stay within the confines of the resort. A butler escorts you around the property via golf cart and they discourage walking about as it is very steep. The grounds are pristine which is the opposite of most of the rest of the island. Staff was continuously sweeping and cleaning falling flower blooms and keeping common areas tidy. It wa sso clean and immaculate it almost didnt feel real. The bar/ restaurant was exquisite and the staff, food, and beverage offerings were of the highest quality. We lingered for 6 hours one day. The native monkeys remain on the property and become quite aggressive around food. The staff was not completely successful in shoooing them away. One even quickly snatched a breadstick off my plate. I was surprised to see this but one must remember it was built on a former rainforest and monkey sanctuary. It is a gorgous place and very romantic.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Stamford, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

The minute you step out of the cab and into the reception area, you feel like you're in heaven. A citadel sort of structure with breathtaking views of the ocean. It's like a mini community.. This resort.. Private villas with nothing to do around it. Can be a bad choice if you're looking for much action.. Good choice, if, like us, all you wanted to do was relax.
The food choice was limited but they were very accommodating about serving breakfast in the villa even at 11am. They make that exception. Since we were honeymooning, we basically spent all our time in their amazing bathroom, the private pool or the infinity jacuzzi they had.. It was the most gorgeous stay I've ever had till date! Perfectly Bvlgari :)

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Hong Kong, China
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2012 via mobile

I stayed in Bulgari Resorts in September 2010, as I was impressed by this location and it's branding and expecting the level of services they could offer.
However, I find out that the way they manage the hotel is more on corporate standard rather than personal touch.
Butler services is not personal, I didn't get the name of the Butler who drove me to my villa, he just asked to me to press 1 for any assistance, then pressing 1 on the phone actually connected you to the call center and then they despatch a *butler* or staff to help you.
They introduced all in-villa faciliates to me during the check-in, I was impressed by the free wi-fi access and trying to connect the Internet when I settled down. It didn't work, I then press 1 to call the Bulter and then they connected me to the helpdesk, they then send *IT Support* or Techican to my villa to fix it, eventually I found out the staff do not know anything about how it works, I eventually rolled up my sleeve and fixed it myself in front of the staff they despatched. I also found out the helpdesk is in Manila. They spent 40mins on it. What a globalized way of managing a 6 stars luxious resort.

Location-wise, Uluwatu is kind of remote than any part of Bali, it offers you privacy but also costs some time to travel when dining out.

I'd give credit to all the in-room hardware, B&O TV sets, washroom setup, your own private garden in the villa for your workout, cliff side endless swimming pool overlooking Indian Ocean.

However, all these setting must first come with the highly professional services and personal touch. With the room rate I was paying, I could enjoy similar level of environment and excellent customer services by COMO Hotel group.

I can still name a few bad experience of how poor the bulter services e.g. missing the promise of pickup....at the end I found out the ratio of Bulter to Villa to 1 to 10, given there are 50 villa or more. That was in 2010. I hope they improve.

• Stayed September 2011
Jakarta, Jakarta Raya, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2012

excellent!! I've stayed here for 2 days. the food is okay, but too expensive than another luxury restaurants or resort. they should consider the price is

Room Tip: beach front cliff
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2012

We were recently married at Bvlgari. If you would like details about our wedding, please send me a private message. This review is in regards to the accommodation only - we stayed in a 1 room villa and a 2 room villa.

Positives: location is unbeatable with prime views of the Indian Ocean. Service is also generally attentive with prompt responses.

Negatives:
1. The air conditioner in the 1 room villa did not work when we arrived (it was VERY HOT) and it took 2-3 hours for maintenance to fix.
2. Both toilets in the 2 room villa did not flush/were blocked throughout the day. This made the toilets pretty disgusting, especially as we had many people around on the wedding day.
3. The electricity did not work in the living area of the 2 room villa. Maintenance had to be called to fix.
4. Air conditioning in the living area of the 2 room villa was either faulty or broken. With all doors closed, you could still barely feel the air conditioning.
5. There was a Nespresso machine in the 2 room villa. However no pods were provided so the machine could not be used.
6. The keys to the villas were difficult to use and constantly jammed in the doors.

Unfortunately all the negatives ruined our stay. Ultimately at this price range, you are paying for premium service and the finer details to be perfect. While I believe the service is quite good, the finer details definitely leave alot to be desired and the resort as a whole is in desperate need of better maintenance.

I would not spend the money on this resort again until they improve their maintenance as for the amount of money, you could go to many other better places in the world.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
jakarta
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

I was stayed there two years ago for 3 days. It was perfect hotel only had problem on private pool. We cant put our things around pool, such as food, sunglasses, etc because monkeys will steal or eat whatever we put. Many times too i saw monkeys played on the pool. I know the difficulties the staffs to make them away, even they said to me just gave report if monkey touch the pool and they will change and clean the water. I felt bad if report them everyday or everytime, so i never said anyting about monkeys did.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Abu Dhabi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2012

We were married at the Bulgari Bali on July 2, 2011. I read with amusement some of the reviews and came away with the opinion that either the person never stayed at the Bulgari, was hallucinating, lying, or the type of person you wish would never leave home. The Bulgari Bali is superb in every way, shape and form. The people, the food, the drinks, the planners, everything is perfect! Yes PERFECT!

Put this place in your bucket list. It will not disappoint. Forget about money, this place delivers pleasures beyond any price tag. Our only negative experience associated with the Bulgari was that we had to leave it.

Go there and experience how rich and wonderful living can be.

Mark & Eva

Room Tip: Just ask to get the best possible villa for the view.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Bulgari Resort Bali? Share your experiences!