“Sunset Cocktails & Canapes” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bulgari Resort Bali

You added Bulgari Resort Bali to your Saves list
Bulgari Resort Bali
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   Jalan Goa Lempeh, Banjar Dinas Kangin, Pecatu, Bali 80364, Indonesia (Formerly Bulgari Hotels & Resorts Bali)   |
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Pecatu
Australia
“Sunset Cocktails & Canapes”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2011

So we didnt have the pleasure of staying at Bvlgari Resort, Bali but my partner & I did go there for cocktails & canapes while watching the sunset.
From the minute you drive through the gates and arrive at the impressive reception, you really get the impression of luxury & exclusiveness. We told the staff we were there for the sunset and cocktails, and without any hesitation, we were escorted to a golf buggy where a very pleasant staff member took us down to the bar.
The golf buggy ride down was an excitement all of its own! The big sloping grounds filled with lush gardens and villas gave us a taste of what it would be like to stay there ... once at the bar, greeted and treated with impeccable service, we had 3 rounds of cocktails & shared a delicious tiger prawn pizza. The other bonus was the Italian restaurant next to the bar, would send out tasting canapes (to try to lure you in for a meal, I'm sure) which was a really nice touch. The infinity pools looked amazing, and I'd wished we'd worn our swimmers under our clothes! The sunset was truly beautiful, especially as your view is that of nothing but the expanse of the indian ocean. I highly recommend visiting Bvlgari Resort, even if just for the cocktails!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Hong kong
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2011

Last year I had diner at the Bulgari Italian restaurant and promised myself I will stay there next time I come to Bali. This is what I did this year and I do not regret any single dollars (and you need a lot) I paid to stay there. It is for me the best hotel in Bali. The sea view from the Uluwatu cliff (where the hotel is located) are just stunning. I seldom had a comparable view. The suites and great. Do not hesitate and book a cliff view room (even if yoy think it is expensive). Breakfast is great, as are the 2 restaurants. There is a liftvto go down to the beach, but you usually can't swim as the waves and current are very strong. The hotel has montain bikes you can use for free (but be prepared to work hard as the hotel is on a cliff). You can also rent a small motorcycle (preferable solution) and get the freedom to go outside the hotel. I will definitely come back.

Room Tip: Cliff view. The most expensive but definitely the best.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Taipei, Taiwan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2011

We spend two night in this hotel and this is the dreaming hotel of my wife. It located by Indian Ocean and you can see Indian ocean from room.
Villa designed with private pool & huge bath room. We felt regard to arrange activities during the trip and we decided just stay in the villa as it's so beautiful.
Restaurants in this resort is great with food and view. It's really a luxury and relax place you can spent whole day there.
You also can take lot of nice photos from hotel!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Milano, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2011

The Bulgari in Bali has lived up to my expectations - and they were high. Our Ocean Cliff villa was great. Villas - beautifully designed by Antonio Citterio's firm - have great views because the resort sits on the cliffside as if it were an amphitheatre with the sea as the stage, but you will see other villas' roofs if your villa is higher up: choose an Ocean Cliff in order to see nothing but the sea.
We enjoyed an excellent level of service at the beach, the bar, the pool, and the spa. The staff is competent, friendly, and eager to please. Overall, I recommend this resort without any hesitations.
On the minus side, here are a few suggestions for improvement. Lesser resorts have complimentary yoga classes every day, and with much better teachers: I have had many yoga teachers in my life, and the one who taught the Thursday morning class at Bulgari was in the bottom quintile.
Housekeeping in the villa showed a certain stinginess with the supplies: tea was not consistently replenished, and we had to ask for tea twice in four days. Also, why only one bag of bath salts in the bathroom? We had to ask for another bag if we wanted to take more than one bath.
We took a trip to Ubud and everything went well, apart from the fact that our driver and guide got a bit lost towards the end as we were looking for the residence of the Bali Healer we were meant to visit at the end of the day's program. We ended up visiting a different healer, Tjokorda Gde Rai instead of Pak Cok Rai, and this was a bit unexpected, although we were told he was from the same family. A very interesting experience.

Room Tip: The feeling of solitude in the Ocean Cliff villas is worth the extra price.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Penang Island, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2011 via mobile

Service is 100% mark!
The staff and managers would do anything to fulfill your needs to make your stay a precious one!
I love the cliff side restaurant. The view was so amazing!
The baby cot was Stokke brand.
They prearranged kids amenities like toiletries, books, colouring books, colour pencils and goodies like chocolate, cookies for my 2 children! The Bulgari bath tea bag was the highlight of the villa, love it!

• Stayed September 2010
Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2011

We recently spent 4 nights at the Bulgari resort and didn't leave the resort once. We stayed in a cliff top villa which had beautiful views over the ocean. The room was very well appointed and we had our own plunge pool which was very private. It is quite a long way from the busy shopping and restaurant areas of Bali which can be good or bad depending on the type of holiday you are looking for.

The beach restaurant had lovely fresh seafood in an idyllic location. The Italian restaurant in the resort also served beautiful food.

There were some very nice touches in the service department. If you sat by the main pool, you were regularly served water and light snacks without feeling any pressure to buy food or drinks. The only slightly irritating aspect to the service was that when walking around the resort, every staff member you came across asked you what room you were staying in which gave you a feeling of surveillance. I'm not sure if this was done for security reasons or just to keep a track on when the guests were.

Room Tip: The cliff top villas are definitely the best rooms but they are expensive
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Gunzburg, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2011

Stayed there during a holiday and family event in Bali. I have visited many hotels & resorts in the world, and this is one of my favorite. The view is amazing, delicious food, and the staff are friendly and helpful. I brought the group of my family for dinner at their Italian restaurant, the staff organized an extra decor on the dining table once they knew that we just celebrated my parents vow renewal. Something that I didn't expect and I really appreciated. Will comeback again once we visit Bali next year!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family

Been to Bulgari Resort Bali? Share your experiences!