“Views is very good, price is acceptable” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Anantara Bali Uluwatu Resort & Spa Bali

You added Anantara Bali Uluwatu Resort & Spa Bali to your Saves list
Anantara Bali Uluwatu Resort & Spa Bali
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   Jl Pemutih - Labuan Sait | Impossible Beach, Uluwatu, Pecatu, Bali 80364, Indonesia   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Anantara Bali Spa Essence
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Pecatu
“Views is very good, price is acceptable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

I book a room type of Suite with pool access though booking.com, the desecration on booking.com and and official site of anantara said that the room is located on the ground floor and near to the infinite pool, but I don't know why they give me the room on a 2 floor, even they said the view on 2F is better(I don't believe that according to what I see). The view of the hotel is very good, service is also OK. But some of place are still in construction. Totally, it is worth for this trip expect for my room's disappoint.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Stephan W, General Manager at Anantara Bali Uluwatu Resort & Spa Bali, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Dear MrBathingApe,

hello from Bali and from Anantara Uluwatu and thank you for sharing your comments, sorry if there was any miscommunication or confusion from our side on the room, we will certainly be mindful of always mentioning clearly the location of the room. Thank you too for highlighting the view and that you enjoyed your trip,

with best regards,
Stephan Winkler & team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Miami, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

This hotel is has good intentions but overall comes up short in execution. You can see from my other reviews that i'm a pretty easy going guest. Below are my comments.

Check-In: I found the check-in and check-out process to be poorly organized. The number of people checking in an the number of guest relation managers was completely out of balance and the process took far to long. The hotel should improve in this area. Grade: C

Food + Beverage: Food and beverage was pretty mixed. For example, the staff was great. They were friendly and engaging. The quality of the breakfast was not great. I found the food to not be of high quality and found myself not eating much. I had three dinners on property and they ranged from exceptional to average. The Indonesian dishes as expected are executed at a better level than the western dishes. Grade: B

Rooms: The rooms were spacious and the bathrooms in the room were very nice. I found the beds to be very firm. I also found that the room did not completely keep out all of the light which meant some early mornings. The floors in the room after housekeeping came in were wet for some time, which resulted in a minor slip while in the room. The safe was also not functional. Grade: B-

Staff: The staff has good intentions but I feel lack in proper training. For example, it took four days and probably over 10 keys to get an additional room key for our room. Frankly, this was the part of the property that I found most unacceptable as having two working room keys is a fundamental aspect of a hotel. Grade: B-

Would I stay in the hotel again? Perhaps. The staff would need better training before I would return.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Stephan W, General Manager at Anantara Bali Uluwatu Resort & Spa Bali, responded to this review, December 27, 2013
Dear ADAMLG,

Greetings from Anantara Uluwatu and thank you for sharing your comments about your stay at our Resort,

Myself and my new Team definitely appreciate your comments and will spare no effort to improve our performance and provide a pleasant holiday environment, thank you for the comments about the challenges and equally thanks for the positive remarks, which will also be shared with the team. Please accept our sincere apology for any inconvenience you had faced during your stay.

It is our true endevor to continue to make this beautiful resort a great vacation spot in Uluwatu and do hope that your travels will lead you back to Bali and Uluwatu.

Kind regards,
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013 via mobile

If you are looking to escape and relax this is the place. Fantastic pool, deluxe rooms and friendly staff. Alot of steps given it is on a cliffs edge, you will need the exercise to work off the delicious food served at the two restaurants. Try the free yoga class on Sunday morning .. I really enjoyed it.

• Stayed October 2013
Dear FreshSense,

Hello from Anantara Uluwatu Bali and thank you for sharing the great comments about your recent stay with us and for giving us full marks on all services. This makes us happy and we will share this with our team. We are happy that you took full advantage of the room, the view, the delicious food and the yoga!

Please do come again soon and let us take care of your precious holidays,

Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

As a travel agent & tour guide I am fortunate to have the opportunity to experience hotels all over the world. I would like to set the record straight on Anantara, Uluwatu for those wanting to experience this hotel. We stayed 5 nights and I will be back to stay here again with over 50 people in August 2014 from Australia.
If you are going to stay here contact Concierge by email and book a VIP fast track through the airport this will save you about 1 hr lining up. It will cost you $25 USD for your visa on arrival (this is for everyone not just fast track) and about $55 for the fast track service. I do this every time with my clients and it’s worth every cent. You can also book a car & driver through the hotel another must in my book. There is nothing better after a long flight...
This hotel is 5 star; it is built on the edge of a cliff with fabulous views & 2 infinity pools. You can take the stairs to the beach but it is very steep. The hotel has stairs so I wouldn’t put elderly or physically challenged people into this hotel. The lead in room is huge and very beautiful complete with a spa bath on the balcony that we loved. The beds in all rooms are to die for we couldn’t stop taking about how comfortable they were. The rooms near the pool area half way down the cliff have better views and some have private pools so if you have a bit more to spend I would go with this room type. The hotel also has villas too for familys with outdoor kitchens traditional Balinese style if you would like that option.
They have a gorgeous wedding chapel perched out over the cliff made of glass for 50 people that I would recommend for weddings. The hotel manger is fabulous he is very approachable and will wander around the hotel making sure you are having a wonderful stay. I haven’t seen this attention to detail for about 10 years in a hotel manger and I am sure the hotel will only improve year after year. He took over about 4 months ago and the hotel in now finished so ignore the not finish posts. The staff are beautiful and kind and will do everything they can to look after you. Some are still in training as the hotel supports the local village with I admire.
The food was great and very reasonable priced with the head chief Kai always available to change a dish if you have a food allergy. We saw him many times during our stay as he will come out of the kitchen to make sure everyone is enjoying his culinary delights. They have 3 restaurants the 360, Teppanyaki & Splash on the cliff near the pool all were good and breakfast was one of the best I have had in a long time.
The spa is nothing short of wonderful we had 3 massages and each of us went back for a second one before we left. I have nothing but praise for this hotel and would happy recommend it to anyone wanting a beautiful relaxing holiday. We cannot wait to come back.

Room Tip: For a special treat the rooms with a pool overlooking the ocean would be a must
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Stephan W, General Manager at Anantara Bali Uluwatu Resort & Spa Bali, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Dear SharonTA,

greetings from Anantara Uluwatu and thank you very much for sharing great experiences during your recent stay at our beautiful resort! Indeed, it will be our pleasure to welcome you back August next year and rest assured that our resort will welcome you again in true Balinese style,

thanks for clarifying a few things and for making a point to describe your experiences and for mentioning those unique features like the location and the fantastic views, including the wedding chapel with its cliff side location,

Chef Kai will be there to take care of you and your extended family next year and so will the Spa team, we very much look forward to seeing you again and we will further push our plans to have the staircase to the beach, which will be great for everybody,

wishing you a great Australian summer and till then,

kind regards,
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013 via mobile

I recently had the pleasure of staying at Anantara Uluwatu this past week and already i'm missing waking up to such a captivating view each morning!

The second we arrived at the resort an immediate feeling of relaxation washes over you and taking in that beautiful view from the reception is quite exceptional. The staff were very helpful and friendly and we were asked to take a seat while someone bought us scented hand towels and the most delicious cool beverage (such a lovely touch).

While our bags were taken care of we were escorted to our rooms, ocean view suites,which were HUGE! My mother and I were sharing and there is more than enough room for 2 people. If you needed a pull out bed for a child or 3rd person you would still have more than enough room to be comfortable. The bath on the large balcony was amazing (make sure you have a bubble bath as the sun goes down, the bath salts provided smell divine).

The food at both of the restaurants are exceptional and I would go as far as to say the breakfast was the best I've had (and its free!). The German Chef was wonderful and seeing I'm a vegetarian he even took the time to accommodate me by coming out to discuss my vegi pizza, they just make you feel so special! Cocktails down at the newly renovated splash bar are fantastic as well and you'll find yourself enjoying one to many of their (very fresh) kiwi
mohitos!

The spa was so relaxing also! I had a 1 hour massage and felt so relaxed afterwards the staff really take the time to pamper you it's defiantly worth spoiling yourself here!

Lastly, Stephan the General Manager - all 3 of us couldn't say enough good about him! We do a lot of travel and all of us agreed that he was the most gracious, wonderfully accommodating and generally lovely person we've ever had the chance to meet as a resort manager. He was always around checking on his guests and making sure they were always happy. He even invited us to share a dinner at the chefs table for the opening of Splash where we met other lovely people staying at the resort.

Don't listen to the negativity below this resort is exceptional without a doubt! The fact that they will be putting a cable car down to the beach in the coming months just makes it all the more special. We will be putting a large amount of our guest in this resort for my wedding in full trust that Stephan & his team will make their holiday just as special as ours was!

Thank you Anatara for a great trip! See you soon!

• Stayed October 2013
Dear Astridrussell88,

Hello from Uluwatu and thank you for your good comments and kind words about your recent stay!

We are all very glad that you enjoyed your stay and that you especially mention the comfort of your large room, which indeed is a truly unique feature of our resort, our staff will be pleased to learn that you appreciated their service, including the breakfast and our specialty drinks that you loved,

all will be ready once again for you to enjoy upon your next stay and our spa team will be looking forward to welcoming you as well,

Stephan
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

We had the pleasure of staying at Anantara ,and enjoyed every aspect of our stay. The staff were friendly and called me by name, food fantastic, even down to the watermelon hearts they give you as you sit by the pool. Great selection for breakfast, fresh juices a treat. Spa was a wonderful experience , massage amazing! Rooms large and very comfortable beds. I would not recommend this hotel to people with small children or those that don't like stairs ,as that is the only way down to the main pool area. We really loved the boutique feel to this hotel, as a posed to massive chain accommodation .I am looking forward to our next visit.

Dear Tammy M,

hello from Anantara Uluwatu! Thank you very much for sharing some highlights of your recent stay, including the pool service, the food by Chef Kai, the breakfast and our comfy beds. We are happy indeed that you enjoyed your stay and that we could convey this special boutique feeling to you.

We will be looking forward to welcoming you again soon,

till then and with kind regards,
sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

Took quite a while to get here from airport, but it was rewarding. Check in was qwuick and the staffs were friendly. The room itself was quite large and the layout is cozy. The room that we stayed had a private pool and jacuzzi with view of the ocean, a bit closer would have been really nice.They still have work at some part of the resort but it was not really disturbing. Somehow you can see the walk path from the private swimming pool, which draws concern of privacy but as long as you keep inside the room premises I guess no one can look at you.

The breakast was custom ordered, and basic menu was there. Relaxing place to eat in the morning.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Stephan W, General Manager at Anantara Bali Uluwatu Resort & Spa Bali, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Dear Guest,

greetings from Anantara Uluwatu and thank you for sharing your positive views and comments, we are glad that you felt rewarded by our location and thank you for your good rating, especially for the room. This week we opened our 'Splash' pool side restaurant (after re-decoration) and thus we are happy to present a ever more inviting and complete product. Your favorite room will be ready once again, maybe even closer to the ocean if you wish, and hope to see you again soon.

Stephan Winkler & team

Been to Anantara Bali Uluwatu Resort & Spa Bali? Share your experiences!