“Fantastique, magnifique, ohlala !!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Rapture Surfcamp Bali

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pecatu
Rapture Surfcamp Bali
You added Rapture Surfcamp Bali to your Saves list
Padang Padang, Pecatu, Bali, Indonesia   |
Special Price
Rainy Season Special
Ranked #3 of 38 Specialty Lodging in Pecatu
Cagnes-sur-Mer, France
“Fantastique, magnifique, ohlala !!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Just spent two weeks at Rapture surfcamp Bali and I had a blast! Amazing camp, great chill out area, great pool, rooms are really clean and nice. Everything was just perfect. Felt like living with a big family from the first day. Food is fantastic, and I am a glutton, and I am French, so I know what Im talking about. Free Breakfast a la carte! Ive never seen that before. Hope they won't change that after my departure :D Could order so much stuff to eat and it was delicious.
I loved the Volkswagen minivans, we spent everyday cruising to so many different surf spots.
Many evenings all together enjoying Sunset in Uluwatu and few beers at the Edge, also the sunday nights at single fin were epic! Loved the double barrel experience ;). It was just fantastic, it stays in my mind and Im already working hard to fly back there. Merci again Josh, maggie and Sunny for everything and see you again soon :) Julien

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Rapturesurfcampbali, Owner at Rapture Surfcamp Bali, responded to this review, April 7, 2013
Mate thanks for coming and staying with us. Loved having you here and would love to see you again. I think your the only one to have a double barrel experience hehehe your an amazing person and a great new friend please come back soon my friend we are all missing you here in Bali.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Turkish first
Reading, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Decided to book a week at the camp after seeing such good reviews, and they were not wrong!
The camp itself is beautiful, lovely pool, lots of nice areas to chill out in.
Went on my own, and found everyone to be so friendly and welcoming! Great staff, people and overall atmosphere!
As a beginner, instead of being stuck on a crowded beach trying to catch a wave or two, we were taken to uncrowded different spots each day, which really gave me the confidence to improve on my surfing. And with the amazing instructors, was turning by my 4th day!!

Will definitely be returning, thanks for an awesome time!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Rapturesurfcampbali, Owner at Rapture Surfcamp Bali, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Abi thanks for you kind words your fun and full of energy the people make my camp what it is and your one of them so thanks for coming and making it all possible and yes we would love to see you again.
Coolangatta, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

My stay at rapture surf camp Bali was one of the best experiences i have ever had! I arrived at the camp at midnight and as you would understand all the crew where asleep from a hard day of surfing! But this was know problem what so ever, the surf guide was woken up! And was more than hospitable, he showed me around and made sure that I was more than comfortable, despite been woken out of his slumber! The following days where epic! All the staff there where so friendly and took us to some of the most amazing surf breaks! There local knowledge and educated decisions on where to surf provided me a seamless journey around the island! We would surf all day and chill at night with all walks of life to interact with!
Just when I thought it couldn't get any better the owner himself took us 2 hours up the coast to this remote untouched surf break to spend the night there and had perfect waves the whole next day! I thought this was very generous and personal! After my stay I headed into Kuta and seminyak, I spent a few days there but just could not get the camp out of my head so I rang them and booked the rest of my trip at rapture "another 2 weeks" which even though it was such short notice was no problem what so ever! Best decision I ever made! So if your after a proper traveling trip with amazing accommodation, incredible food great staff and guests from all around the world to interact with! I would highly recommend rapture surf camp Bali! It's in the perfect location and nothing is a problem there.. Very chilled atmosphere! Rapture camp really put on a good spread and I'm hecticly saving to get back there ASAP... Bye the way I would highly recommend the chicken burger for lunch, this chicken burger was the best thing I have ever eaten I ate 20 in 2 weeks!

Cheers to all the crew at rapture for a trip of a life time!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Mate great people great reviews gotta love it. Awesome time with you Rob lets speak soon buddy
Munich, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Rapture Surfcamp is truly a hidden paradise. It was the second time I stayed in the camp and again enjoyed a wonderful and unforgettable holiday. I have been to many surf camps all over the world before, but nothing can compare to the quality you get at Rapture. Besides the 5-star quality accommodation for every budget (you cant really call it camp) , doesn´t matter if you stay in a dorm or in a villa, you will enjoy a "coming home" feeling everytime you enter the camp. The owners Josh and Maggie together with all the staff are doing everything they can to give you the perfect surf experience. Every guest immediately feels like being part of the family. The focus of the camp definitely lies on the surf and meeting great people from around the world. If you want to have party all night long, you need to go to the various and often crappy camps in Kuta and Semyniak. At rapture, by having great surf guiding at worldclass breaks (around the corner) everyday, you can continuously improve your skills in shredding, barreling and alley hooping. Isn´t that all we want? After a exhausting day in the water you find perfect recovery at the camp. For different recovery Kuta is 25 minutes away.
To sum it up: Thank you so much, mates (Josh, Maggie, Dale, Sunny, Rog, Mat, Conor etc.), for having such awesome holiday, again. You will see me soon! I bring Moby with me.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I stayed at Rapture for 3 days in March 2013, as an add-on to a family visit to Singapore. I've been a guest at several surf camps, and thought I knew pretty much what to expect. In fact, Rapture set the bar higher than it's been before.

1) The quality of accommodation is excellent, with neat, clean rooms, lovely outside bathrooms (still private, but open to the stars), and comfortable common areas.

2) The general ambience is very relaxed: friendly, without being intrusive or overbearing. The surf guides get everyone moving so that there's little waiting round, but they do it with a very light touch, and no stress or pressure. Most surf groups (separated into beginner and intermediate while I was there) seemed to go out for 2/3 hours in the morning, the same later in the day. There's no pressure to go on both surf explorations, it's fine to hang out and enjoy the place, or go exploring alone, if you prefer.

3) The standard of breakfast and dinner, included in the price, is very good. There didn't seem to be any limit on how many banana pancakes I could ask Sunny to make me, which must be why I lost no weight despite surfing 5 hours each day. Lunch, snacks, and drinks are available throughout the day; you do have to pay for these, but the prices are reasonable.

The owner, Josh, is just as friendly and approachable as his staff: the overall vibe is that they're there to help you enjoy your trip, and I find it hard to imagine anything that would be too much trouble.

I rented a board, and I'd have preferred a slightly wider choice: the camp's a bit light on performance shortboards for someone my size (80kg). But really this is nit-picking: beginners are well catered for, and anyone else will normally bring their own board.

While I was there, a lot of people arrived for a second visit, having dumped other parts of their holiday to come back. Others who'd originally come for a week were still there after a month. That's a pretty good advert.

All in all, for the atmosphere, expert staff, and accommodation, this camp comes highly recommended.

Room Tip: All the rooms seemed very nice!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013 via mobile

Great surfcamp, great people, great easygoing atmosphere, great surfguiding! I planed to stay one week, but I ended up staying four weeks in the camp! Thanks for the awesome time! I defenitely come back! Cheers giulian

• Stayed March 2013
Rapturesurfcampbali, Owner at Rapture Surfcamp Bali, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Jules mate your one of a kind lovely person and really loved having you here my friend. Keep on surfing mate and come back very very soon
Ballito, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

stayed at rapture for 7 days but with enjoying it so much myself and brother extended and ended up staying 11.. well worth every penny i spent... the surf guides really go out of there way to accomadate everyone... example was... a big swell came through and was probably to big for any of us to surf with shallow reefs etc. so josh the owner went out of his way to drive us almost 3 hours up the coast after supper the one night to the most amazing surf spot ever.. put us up in amazing acc that was worth a lot more then we ended up paying and let us surf the entire next day while he chilled and watched.. and truly it was an EPIC experience.. if you had done bali by yourself there is no way you would of found this spot.. !!!

rooms where perfect and bathrooms amazing.. something different that you dont get at every surf camp for sure. Raj, Dale, Monat and Felix the surf instructors where really nice guys and always willing to help and make everyone happy and kadek makes an amazing breakfast ! josh and maggie the owners where really friendly and helpful. The relaxing/Pool area is amazing.. you feel as if you are at home. the best part is getting to meet new people and for sure made some life long friends from the experience..

Anyone looking for a relaxed learn how to surf holiday and be taken to the best breaks for how experienced you are at surfing everyday ... this is the place to be!

thank you rapture will be back soon no doubt!
South Africans

Room Tip: Bali is really muggie and hot.. so defiantly go for the air con rooms. if you a couple and can spend...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Guys thanks for your kind words. Loved having you hear and will always welcome you both here. we all miss you guys being here. Come back soon your chicken burgers are waiting for you both.

Been to Rapture Surfcamp Bali? Share your experiences!