“Awesome, relaxing, Surf Heaven” 5 of 5 stars

Padang Padang, Jl Labuan Sait, Pecatu, Bali, Indonesia   |
Ranked #4 of 45 Specialty Lodging in Pecatu
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Northern beaches, Sydney
“Awesome, relaxing, Surf Heaven”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2010

I stayed at the Padang padang Surf Camp in March 2010. I was looking for a relaxing surf trip where everything was done for me away from the hustle and bustle of Kuta/Legian.

My flight arrived in Bali and I was met by Koyok at the airport with a nice big Padang Padang Surf Camp sign. He promptly drove me to the camp where I was met by Andrew and Lina (the owners) and shown to my room and given a brief run down of the mornings activities to ensure I got the first surf in. It was a great welcome.

My room was fantastic - quiet, clean and comfortable - all I ask. It was cleaned and made up daily which was fantastic. At night the camp is nice and quiet which is essential to me - I like my rest.

During the day everything was kept nice and clean too. The communal areas are constantly kept neat and clean. Lina runs a tight ship and ensures the guests respect the space as well making sure everyone enjoys the experience more.

The food was excellent. Breakfast and lunch were part of the deal and I did not have a bad meal the whole time I was there. There is also plenty of it when you're surfing a lot. At night we went to local restaurants for dinner and enjoyed everything from Mexican, Italian, Indonesian, Thai, Chinese and more. These restaurants were all exceptional value and really high quality. Andrew either drove to the restaurant or we walked and it was always relaxing with the him, his wife and the other guests.

The surf was great too. Each morning and afternoon we went surfing and the guides - Koyok, Steamy, Gunung, Putu - were all really helpful. They were excellent for getting the beginners into some easy waves and standing up and helping the more experienced surfers like me get to the bigger surf. They even managed to get me into some uncrowded waves at a secret spot.

All in all it was a very relaxing holiday with heaps of good waves, good food and good times.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2010

My boyfriend and I have been going to Padang Padang Surf Camp (PPSC) since December 2008, at one point we were heading back to camp every other weekend because we just couldn't get enough of the place and the surf!

We have recommended this place to so many of our friends.

We have been back to camp around 20 times over the past few years and whilst we have been there we have seen all ages and walks of life come through the doors which shows how this is a sport for all and these guys are the ones to paddle out with.

Ina, Andrew (owners) and all the boys (surf instructors) are brilliant, it's like you become a member of a cool family with a load of big brothers to show you the etiquette of surfing.

Whether you are a beginner or a old hand at surfing, PPSC will make sure they find the right conditions for you, so there is less time spent as a novice trying to work out where to go and at what time of the day to get the right tides. Just leave it to them and they lead you to the best spots in Bali. No crowds, nice sets and all the right conditions to try and improve your confidence.

Apart from looking after you in the water they are also brilliant at looking after you at home. The camp is beautiful, rooms are pretty with daily fresh flowers, fresh clean sheets and en suite, infinity pool to chill after a hard days paddle, tennis court for those who still have the energy and THE BEST FOOD EVER!

The camp is big enough that you have enough room to tuck yourself away with a book and have a snooze on one of the many hammocks or make new friends from all around the world.

If you want to get out and about the camp help organise taxis, or will give you a lift if they are heading in the same direction, they can give you great advice too on where to shop or sightsee.

PPSC is a little gem, I could rewrite all the other stuff other people have but the facts are below - Padang Padang surf camp is a great place to learn to surf.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Padang Padang Surf Camp? Share your experiences!