I stayed at the Padang padang Surf Camp in March 2010. I was looking for a relaxing surf trip where everything was done for me away from the hustle and bustle of Kuta/Legian.
My flight arrived in Bali and I was met by Koyok at the airport with a nice big Padang Padang Surf Camp sign. He promptly drove me to the camp where I was met by Andrew and Lina (the owners) and shown to my room and given a brief run down of the mornings activities to ensure I got the first surf in. It was a great welcome.
My room was fantastic - quiet, clean and comfortable - all I ask. It was cleaned and made up daily which was fantastic. At night the camp is nice and quiet which is essential to me - I like my rest.
During the day everything was kept nice and clean too. The communal areas are constantly kept neat and clean. Lina runs a tight ship and ensures the guests respect the space as well making sure everyone enjoys the experience more.
The food was excellent. Breakfast and lunch were part of the deal and I did not have a bad meal the whole time I was there. There is also plenty of it when you're surfing a lot. At night we went to local restaurants for dinner and enjoyed everything from Mexican, Italian, Indonesian, Thai, Chinese and more. These restaurants were all exceptional value and really high quality. Andrew either drove to the restaurant or we walked and it was always relaxing with the him, his wife and the other guests.
The surf was great too. Each morning and afternoon we went surfing and the guides - Koyok, Steamy, Gunung, Putu - were all really helpful. They were excellent for getting the beginners into some easy waves and standing up and helping the more experienced surfers like me get to the bigger surf. They even managed to get me into some uncrowded waves at a secret spot.
All in all it was a very relaxing holiday with heaps of good waves, good food and good times.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Padang Padang Surf Camp offers quality accommodation near some of the best surfing breaks in the world. Surf guiding for advanced surfers and surf lessons for beginners. We cater for all levels of surfers and offer full services including airport transfers, meals, accommodation, surf lessons, board rental. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline so you can book your Padang Padang Surf Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Padang Padang Surf Camp Hotel Pecatu
- Padang Surf Camp Pecatu
- Padang Padang Surf Camp Bali/Pecatu