We stayed for 5 nights in room 209 from 22 July 2014 till 27 July 2014. Our villa was located on the second of four levels of villas built into the "bukit" or hill. The ocean can be seen at a distance from this level (see pictures) and I would recommend this level, as although higher levels reputedly offer 180 degree views of the ocean, the villas on the 4th level are rather far and you need a buggy for transport. The 2nd level is within walking distance from the main hotel area but yet provides sufficient seclusion. I love the architecture of this resort- its dark wood cabannas integrate very well with the lush surrounding savannah. The monkeys from the forest visit early in the morning and late in the day foraging for food or remnants from your fruit bowl, so beware if you intend to keep your doors open for an easy flow of wind, common during this time of year in Bali (I think it's their "winter" during July and August with average day time temperatures at about 27degrees celsius). The living room and a big sofa open directly into the plunge pool as does the step in bath tub, which is divine! The staff are easily one of the most well trained and are fast and very responsive. The general manager is always at the lobby and takes pains to engage meet and greet his guests and find out how their day was. We took an evening trip arranged by the hotel to the nearby Uluwatu Sea Temple Pura Luhur and he remembered to ask us the next day how the experience was. The hotel staff also pre-warned us not to wear our sunglasses or necklaces or hats to the pura luhur temple as the resident monkeys have a habit of snatching and running off with personal belongings. Food at both restaurants Cire (Western cuisine) and the Warung (Indonesian food) were nothing short of excellent. In fact we ate most meals at these 2 restaurants. Breakfast at the Cire is a la carte ( but you can order as much as you like) which is preferable to a buffet. The Breakfast menu is varied daily. If you want to have dinner in the Cabannas on the cliffs to savour a beautiful Balinese sunset then do book beforehand to avoid disappointment. The pool boys are great if you feel like lounging by the main infinity pool which seems to seamlessly blend with the sky and the ocean and will come running with a picnic basket of water and other essentials. The gym is open 24 hours and is well equipped with towels and bottles of mineral water. While some may complain that there is little to do or see at Uluwatu, I would beg to differ - transport even by public taxi is not a problem in Bali and the resort is only about 20 minutes from the Jimbaran bay seafood restaurants and the airport. The only complaint I have is that our bath tub couldn't drain and this is a problem the staff looked into every evening while we were out. They offered a change of room but we declined as we had already settled in and the staff took good care of the matter. The beach is down a steep climb through the forest so I would recommend alerting staff (for an escort to bring you down) and bringing necessities such as water, insect repellant and sunblock. The sea is too rough to swim in and virtually deserted. I would definitely return to this resort if I have the opportunity to.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Alila Villas Uluwatu is the first all-pool villa luxury resort in the Alila Signature collection. Designed by award-winning architectural firm WOHA, each of 84 villas showcase contemporary Balinese-inspired design. Poised on an elevated plateau that meets with limestone cliffs sweeping down to the cerulean Indian Ocean, the view from Alila Villas Uluwatu showcases nothing less than nature's perfection. Each villa offers private pool and cabana with 24 hour host (butler) service. Alila Villas Uluwatu designed in harmony with fully respecting the natural environment, continuing the Alila tradition of a total destination experience that is serene, sensual, and surprisingly different. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo, Splendia, Escapio, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Ctrip TA, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your Alila Villas Uluwatu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alila Villas Uluwatu Hotel Uluwatu
- Alila Villas Uluwatu Bali/Pecatu