“Serene and Secluded” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Alila Villas Uluwatu

You added Alila Villas Uluwatu to your Saves list
Alila Villas Uluwatu
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jl Belimbing Sari Banjar Tambiyak Desa Pecatu, Pecatu, Bali 80364, Indonesia   |
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Pecatu
Fort lauderdale
“Serene and Secluded”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

Bali was the last stop for us and Alila Villas did not dissapoint. I've imagined a thousand time, how I would feel once I step foot in the hotel, but the actual experience was just unreal. Such an amazing scenery, Definetly exceeded our expectation.
Service was good, especially the ladies during breakfast at the Cire restaurant. We took a couples massage at the spa which was very relaxing.
Our Villa was very spacious, and comfortable... we made great use of the day bed by the pool. The his and hers toiletries were a great touch as well. We use the tablet provided to order in room dinning several time, and we loved the quick response and effectiveness of it
We had a good experience overall.;

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014 via mobile

Me and my Husband stayed here for one night on Honeymoon after being offered a free upgrade for our last night by Alila Ubud...we were 100% over the moon with this place. We have never stayed anywhere like it. The journey to the hotel was down a windy road and we wondered where it could be taking us. Stepping out of the car you could just see crisp white lines and modern furniture dotted around, then an elegant entrance room with pathways of water and am infinity pool. It was 3.30pm
When we arrived and were offered cold towels and a spritz of lovely smelling mist for your face. We were asked what type of service we would like, normal, completely left alone or private butler. We opted for normal. Our cases and ourselves were driven in a buggy up to the 2nd level. When we walked into out villa we were lost for words. It was huge with facilities we have never experienced before. It's own infinity pool, 2 sunbeds, and outdoor lounging area with covered canopy. Separate mr and mrs sings and changing areas. 2 showers one in door and one out. A huge bath, a coffee machine, flat screen and sound bar, it even had its own tablet that played music, have you all the hotel info on. You could even order room service from it. (Though ours wasn't set up to do this) we just called instead. We ordered crudités and garlicw bread and munched on these in the sun under the canopy. Dinner that evening was complimentary...and the food was unreal. Very tasty and good service. As we were only here for one night we didn't get to use many facilities such as the pool. Should we win the lotto, we'd love to stay here again and really make the most of it. Thanks Alila Villas and Alila Ubud.

• Stayed July 2014
Tabanan, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

The villa is huge and can easily accommodate 4 people. It is nicely designed and from my villa I can see a glimpse of the ocean.
Some finishing on the villa started to wear off, stains on the floor, etc.

Service was prompt and attentive. I stayed at the very top villa and buggy ride can be summoned in second and ready to transfer me quickly to the main area.

I took the yoga class in the morning and it was more like a private session in a breezy pavilion surrounded by garden and water pond. The class is suitable for a first timer like me and I eventually took a regular yoga class afterward.

Breakfast was a hit and miss. Yes you can order everything from the menu but some dishes were not that great. The martabak manis was very pedestrian.

Dinner at Cirè was great. Very nice gazpacho and banana desert.

Overall it was a pleasant stay and a tranquil escape from the hustling and bustling of city life.

Stayed May 2014
Moscow, Russia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

My husband and two daughters had a very pleasant and comfortable stay in this beautiful villa. We stayed on the 28th July'14 and 3rd August'14 and on both nights, we were upgraded to the beautiful room. the staff were friendly and helpful. Will recommend this place.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Wellington, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

We only came for lunch as Alila Villas had been one of those places I had always wanted to visit, mainly for the architecture, and I was not disappointed. The setting is absolutely stunning and our lunch was memorable. The restaurant is beautifully situated overlooking the stylish bale and garden and beyond to the blue ocean.
The staff were charming and attentive and our food was delicious. They were happy for us to wander and admire the landscaping and architecture. At last I can say I have visited this wonderful place.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

Photographs look so great I was set on staying here. I came to check it out and have lunch and so glad I didn't book it online. Like so many recent hotels it's all about latest design scream which is fine but design shouldn't be confused with luxury.

Granted Uluwatu views are always striking and design looks very sleek and fresh. However being there was like being on top of frying pan without any trees or shade to find respite from. How long can one be at the pool under full-on Balinese sun? No A/C in the restaurant? The food was good but it was hard to concentrate on it whilst dripping with sweat. It was just too desolate and austere. Being on the cliff there is not much space to begin with and they get overrun with wedding ceremonies on top of it. Service at lunch was mediocre, slow and sort of lazy. And together with us there were only 2 other tables taken.

I prefer Bulgari so much more, not least for amazingly beautiful gardens.

Stayed November 2013
AlilaHotels, General Manager at Alila Villas Uluwatu, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
Dear Ms Papercut,

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback on your lunch visit to Alila Villas Uluwatu in November last year.

We are sorry to learn that you felt that it was too hot in our restaurants. Usually the breeze on this side of the island helps out, however we do have an air-conditioned section in our Cire restaurant for guests should they prefer an indoor space.

Moreover, please accept my sincere apologies for your experience pertaining to service during lunch. Please do contact me at mgroten@alilahotels.com in order for us to gain more specific information that will assist with our overall improvement moving forward.

Please allow me to reassure you that your experience is in no way indicative of our normally high standards implemented at the property.

For the future, and when you next decide to visit Bali please be encouraged to contact me so I can personally make arrangements and ensure that you get a cool space in one of our restaurants

Once again, thank you for conveying your constructive feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to Alila Villas Uluwatu.

Kind regards,
Marco Groten
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

From the very first moment being greeted in the airport by a kind smiling employee to the escort on our voyage home to the boarding gate again by another amazing employee (Yes they even care for you on your voyage home) our time here was truly sensational.

We were told that Alila means suprise and that was the case every single day. The view you are greeted with when you first arrive to the entrance of the resort is utterly amazing, I very much doubt I will ever walk into another resort and have the same feeling of tranquility and peacefulness.

We stayed for 10 nights and were provided with an amazing local butler 'Kadak' and what an asset to our trip he was, he really made our time with Alila exceptional with loads of little surprises in the villa when we returned from being away from the villa. I was also incredibly impressed with the resort that they were not at all shy in recommending restaurants etc outside of Alila, never did we feel pressured to stay and eat in the resort if we didn't want to.

The villa itself was so amazingly well designed and was really cool to be able to jump out of bed and splash straight into your own private pool.

The free morning Yoga classes are quite fun! (It was my first time doing Yoga) but it was a nice relaxed environment and the instructor is immensely good!

The walk down the stairs to the beach is not bad at all and if you pick up a stick at the top it makes you feel a little safer if a monkey appears however the four times we went down we saw 1 monkey and it was no trouble at all! The beach is stunning and it's so nice to walk on untouched sand. Kadak the hotel butler escorted us down the first time and had made the effort to go to the local shop the night before to purchase electrolyte drinks for my partner and I which was an incredibly nice touch and that really is only one example of how amazing you are treated here.

I could go on and on about how amazing this place is. I believe you get what you pay for in life and yes the hotel is certainly not cheap but never in my life have my partner and I been made to feel so special.

In summary I actually feel privileged to have been able to spend 10 days with Alila Uluwatu and to have been fortunate enough to meet such an amazing group of people who genuinely care for you and your needs.

Because of our amazing experience at Alila Uluwatu tomorrow we are going for a short break from Dubai to Alila Jabal Akhdar in Oman and I'm sure we will also have an equally amazing experience.

Stayed June 2014

Been to Alila Villas Uluwatu? Share your experiences!