“Alila "Suprise" ” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Alila Villas Uluwatu

You added Alila Villas Uluwatu to your Saves list
Alila Villas Uluwatu
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jl Belimbing Sari Banjar Tambiyak Desa Pecatu, Pecatu, Bali 80364, Indonesia   |
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Pecatu
A TripAdvisor Member
“Alila "Suprise" ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

From the very first moment being greeted in the airport by a kind smiling employee to the escort on our voyage home to the boarding gate again by another amazing employee (Yes they even care for you on your voyage home) our time here was truly sensational.

We were told that Alila means suprise and that was the case every single day. The view you are greeted with when you first arrive to the entrance of the resort is utterly amazing, I very much doubt I will ever walk into another resort and have the same feeling of tranquility and peacefulness.

We stayed for 10 nights and were provided with an amazing local butler 'Kadak' and what an asset to our trip he was, he really made our time with Alila exceptional with loads of little surprises in the villa when we returned from being away from the villa. I was also incredibly impressed with the resort that they were not at all shy in recommending restaurants etc outside of Alila, never did we feel pressured to stay and eat in the resort if we didn't want to.

The villa itself was so amazingly well designed and was really cool to be able to jump out of bed and splash straight into your own private pool.

The free morning Yoga classes are quite fun! (It was my first time doing Yoga) but it was a nice relaxed environment and the instructor is immensely good!

The walk down the stairs to the beach is not bad at all and if you pick up a stick at the top it makes you feel a little safer if a monkey appears however the four times we went down we saw 1 monkey and it was no trouble at all! The beach is stunning and it's so nice to walk on untouched sand. Kadak the hotel butler escorted us down the first time and had made the effort to go to the local shop the night before to purchase electrolyte drinks for my partner and I which was an incredibly nice touch and that really is only one example of how amazing you are treated here.

I could go on and on about how amazing this place is. I believe you get what you pay for in life and yes the hotel is certainly not cheap but never in my life have my partner and I been made to feel so special.

In summary I actually feel privileged to have been able to spend 10 days with Alila Uluwatu and to have been fortunate enough to meet such an amazing group of people who genuinely care for you and your needs.

Because of our amazing experience at Alila Uluwatu tomorrow we are going for a short break from Dubai to Alila Jabal Akhdar in Oman and I'm sure we will also have an equally amazing experience.

Stayed June 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

Alila Uluwatu was my final stop on long Balinese vacation. What a wonderful way to end the trip!! At the entrance (despite arriving late at night), a female manager met us and welcomed us into a beautiful lobby, setting us on the couch with drinks. She introduced herself, told us a bit about the hotel, and then informed us that we had been upgraded (due to a special occasion we had informed them about earlier) to the 3 bedroom for the length of our stay! She then introduced us to our private butler, who whisked us and our luggage away on a golf cart to our awaiting "villa" (more like a large mansion).

The villa is extremely modern from the outside, with a private driveway and very large doors. The front door opens into a large foyer area with marble floors, which leads to the open air living room. It was breathtaking! Full size trees stretch up to open, large cut outs in the ceiling showing the night sky. Bridges lead over ponds to the full chef kitchen as well as to the backyard. Doors off on either side lead to the very large master suite, 2 more bedrooms, a private massage area (for in room massages), and the butler's service entrance. The living room, tastefully decorated and accessible either by going through the kitchen or by going into the backyard, was entirely made of glass. The backyard, complete with a full size pool and large grassy area, also contained a huge cabana where you can lie and enjoy breathtaking views of the Indian Ocean below you. The butler was great, and would bring whatever we needed promptly 24 hours a day. He brought us birthday cakes, food, fresh baked cookies, etc. When one of us was sick, he brought some Tylenol without us asking, which I thought was very nice of him.

The hotel grounds were nice too, but our room was so wonderful we spent most of the time there. There are multiple options for dinner on the premises, and they were all delicious. Breakfast was served poolside and you could order as much as you want, all of it quite good. There are giftshops as well, and they make and sell their own cosmetics/lotions which are great (the Indian Fig face lotion is amazing!). The beach area was beautiful for walking around, but it would be hard to swim there due to the rocks.

I highly recommend the hotel to anyone visiting Bali for a sophisticated, modern, all around luxury experience!

Room Tip: The 3 bedroom has wonderful views
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Jakarta, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014 via mobile

We are a lost Alila's guest for quite some time because of bad experiences (service and hospitality) at Alila's other establishment. This holiday we decided to try Alila Villas Uluwatu and we found out that we are very satisfied with the service and hospitality. Salute to Mr. Marco Groten (The General Manager of Alila Villas Uluwatu) for managing great team and providing the guests with 5+ stars treatments. This villa will be our regular stay for our upcoming visits to Bali, in other words, "we find our other home in Alila Villas Uluwatu".

Tranquility, peacefulness, beautiful and excellent hospitality, all are in one package.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

We had two fabulous nights here. The rooms are stunning architecturally, we didn't really use the public spaces until we needed to eat. Breakfast lunch and dinner were all very good. Service impeccable and the am entities offered in the room and around the pool were incredible. I would recommend this resort for 2 to 3 day stay as it is remote. A great way to end our holiday

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Thank you Alila for an AMAZING stay. My girlfriends and I stayed for a wedding in early july. We had a one bedroom villa. Surpassed our expectations. The plunge is amazing, the room is amazing. Can not fault this place.
It is lovely to be able to walk around the property. We were in the second level of the villas and its just a short walk up and down the stairs to the main reception/pool/restaurants.
I have to say, what amazed me the most, was one night i was sick in the room unable to go out with the wedding party, and witnessed the 'turn down' service. WOW. What attention to detail goes into servicing the room. There were about 8 men running around turning down the beds, dimming the lights, they laid me out a dinner setting, refreshed all the towels, mopped the floors, closed the doors.... I was absolutley blown away. The attention to detail is amazing. The hotel is quite secluded, but you dont need anything else. Thank you. Thank you for an amazing couple of days.

Room Tip: The rooms are set in rows ie. row one, stairs, row two, stairs, row three. The higher you go the bet...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

This review was extended stay from my previous review "Heavenly Hideaway". So I will not describe too detail, just see my one bed room previous review. This Time I will give you three bed room pictures.

Recommended: Absolutely YES, if you can afford it...
Return To Sleep: Yes, I think AVU is the best in Bukit Peninsula, or even Bali (same quality with old lady Amankila - same owner with AVU, but different management).

As usual, I always include photos in each of my reviews on Tripadvisor. - It's Real Review.

Room Tip: For family, take the three bedroom - it's cliff side house. For the view, it's better than o...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Taipei, Taiwan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

I'm old enough to remember when Amandari first opened in Bali, and the novelty gave it the necessary wow factor. Decades later, we've been pampered by the "Aman" concept and there have been copycats everywhere, some better, most not.
Alila is a generic Aman. It is clean, modern and has the necessary amenities (views, infinity pool, attentive staff, etc.). Each villa has its own small pool, gazebo and well-appointed bathroom (including an outdoor shower). The staff is incredibly friendly and the food is incredibly bad. What made me feel like I was in a futuristic villa resort was how each villa, row by each manicured row, was identical. I almost expected the buggies that took us around to be remote operated. . .

Room Tip: Get a villa in row "1". Closer to the main building (restaurants and pool).
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
AlilaHotels, General Manager at Alila Villas Uluwatu, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Dear Riosupermom,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your Alila Villas Uluwatu experience.

We appreciate your input and I am glad to learn that you enjoyed the service from our team members as well as the facilities and amenities we provide. I am sorry to hear that Alila Villas Uluwatu's modern design is not your choice for a holiday.

In our effort to constantly improve and evolve I would encourage you to provide me with more feedback regarding our food and beverage offerings, by sending me an email at mgroten@alilahotels.com

I would like to thank you in advance for your help and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back sometime in the future,

With best regards,
Marco Groten

Been to Alila Villas Uluwatu? Share your experiences!