Alila Uluwatu was my final stop on long Balinese vacation. What a wonderful way to end the trip!! At the entrance (despite arriving late at night), a female manager met us and welcomed us into a beautiful lobby, setting us on the couch with drinks. She introduced herself, told us a bit about the hotel, and then informed us that we had been upgraded (due to a special occasion we had informed them about earlier) to the 3 bedroom for the length of our stay! She then introduced us to our private butler, who whisked us and our luggage away on a golf cart to our awaiting "villa" (more like a large mansion).
The villa is extremely modern from the outside, with a private driveway and very large doors. The front door opens into a large foyer area with marble floors, which leads to the open air living room. It was breathtaking! Full size trees stretch up to open, large cut outs in the ceiling showing the night sky. Bridges lead over ponds to the full chef kitchen as well as to the backyard. Doors off on either side lead to the very large master suite, 2 more bedrooms, a private massage area (for in room massages), and the butler's service entrance. The living room, tastefully decorated and accessible either by going through the kitchen or by going into the backyard, was entirely made of glass. The backyard, complete with a full size pool and large grassy area, also contained a huge cabana where you can lie and enjoy breathtaking views of the Indian Ocean below you. The butler was great, and would bring whatever we needed promptly 24 hours a day. He brought us birthday cakes, food, fresh baked cookies, etc. When one of us was sick, he brought some Tylenol without us asking, which I thought was very nice of him.
The hotel grounds were nice too, but our room was so wonderful we spent most of the time there. There are multiple options for dinner on the premises, and they were all delicious. Breakfast was served poolside and you could order as much as you want, all of it quite good. There are giftshops as well, and they make and sell their own cosmetics/lotions which are great (the Indian Fig face lotion is amazing!). The beach area was beautiful for walking around, but it would be hard to swim there due to the rocks.
I highly recommend the hotel to anyone visiting Bali for a sophisticated, modern, all around luxury experience!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Alila Villas Uluwatu is the first all-pool villa luxury resort in the Alila Signature collection. Designed by award-winning architectural firm WOHA, each of 84 villas showcase contemporary Balinese-inspired design. Poised on an elevated plateau that meets with limestone cliffs sweeping down to the cerulean Indian Ocean, the view from Alila Villas Uluwatu showcases nothing less than nature’s perfection. Each villa offers private pool and cabana with 24 hour host (butler) service. Alila Villas Uluwatu designed in harmony with fully respecting the natural environment, continuing the Alila tradition of a total destination experience that is serene, sensual, and surprisingly different. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Agoda, HotelTravel.com, Escapio, Odigeo, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your Alila Villas Uluwatu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alila Villas Uluwatu Hotel Uluwatu
- Alila Villas Uluwatu Bali/Pecatu