“3 Bedroom - Wonderful Experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Alila Villas Uluwatu

You added Alila Villas Uluwatu to your Saves list
Alila Villas Uluwatu
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jl Belimbing Sari Banjar Tambiyak Desa Pecatu, Pecatu, Bali 80364, Indonesia   |
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Pecatu
“3 Bedroom - Wonderful Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

Alila Uluwatu was my final stop on long Balinese vacation. What a wonderful way to end the trip!! At the entrance (despite arriving late at night), a female manager met us and welcomed us into a beautiful lobby, setting us on the couch with drinks. She introduced herself, told us a bit about the hotel, and then informed us that we had been upgraded (due to a special occasion we had informed them about earlier) to the 3 bedroom for the length of our stay! She then introduced us to our private butler, who whisked us and our luggage away on a golf cart to our awaiting "villa" (more like a large mansion).

The villa is extremely modern from the outside, with a private driveway and very large doors. The front door opens into a large foyer area with marble floors, which leads to the open air living room. It was breathtaking! Full size trees stretch up to open, large cut outs in the ceiling showing the night sky. Bridges lead over ponds to the full chef kitchen as well as to the backyard. Doors off on either side lead to the very large master suite, 2 more bedrooms, a private massage area (for in room massages), and the butler's service entrance. The living room, tastefully decorated and accessible either by going through the kitchen or by going into the backyard, was entirely made of glass. The backyard, complete with a full size pool and large grassy area, also contained a huge cabana where you can lie and enjoy breathtaking views of the Indian Ocean below you. The butler was great, and would bring whatever we needed promptly 24 hours a day. He brought us birthday cakes, food, fresh baked cookies, etc. When one of us was sick, he brought some Tylenol without us asking, which I thought was very nice of him.

The hotel grounds were nice too, but our room was so wonderful we spent most of the time there. There are multiple options for dinner on the premises, and they were all delicious. Breakfast was served poolside and you could order as much as you want, all of it quite good. There are giftshops as well, and they make and sell their own cosmetics/lotions which are great (the Indian Fig face lotion is amazing!). The beach area was beautiful for walking around, but it would be hard to swim there due to the rocks.

I highly recommend the hotel to anyone visiting Bali for a sophisticated, modern, all around luxury experience!

Room Tip: The 3 bedroom has wonderful views
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Jakarta, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014 via mobile

We are a lost Alila's guest for quite some time because of bad experiences (service and hospitality) at Alila's other establishment. This holiday we decided to try Alila Villas Uluwatu and we found out that we are very satisfied with the service and hospitality. Salute to Mr. Marco Groten (The General Manager of Alila Villas Uluwatu) for managing great team and providing the guests with 5+ stars treatments. This villa will be our regular stay for our upcoming visits to Bali, in other words, "we find our other home in Alila Villas Uluwatu".

Tranquility, peacefulness, beautiful and excellent hospitality, all are in one package.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

We had two fabulous nights here. The rooms are stunning architecturally, we didn't really use the public spaces until we needed to eat. Breakfast lunch and dinner were all very good. Service impeccable and the am entities offered in the room and around the pool were incredible. I would recommend this resort for 2 to 3 day stay as it is remote. A great way to end our holiday

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Thank you Alila for an AMAZING stay. My girlfriends and I stayed for a wedding in early july. We had a one bedroom villa. Surpassed our expectations. The plunge is amazing, the room is amazing. Can not fault this place.
It is lovely to be able to walk around the property. We were in the second level of the villas and its just a short walk up and down the stairs to the main reception/pool/restaurants.
I have to say, what amazed me the most, was one night i was sick in the room unable to go out with the wedding party, and witnessed the 'turn down' service. WOW. What attention to detail goes into servicing the room. There were about 8 men running around turning down the beds, dimming the lights, they laid me out a dinner setting, refreshed all the towels, mopped the floors, closed the doors.... I was absolutley blown away. The attention to detail is amazing. The hotel is quite secluded, but you dont need anything else. Thank you. Thank you for an amazing couple of days.

Room Tip: The rooms are set in rows ie. row one, stairs, row two, stairs, row three. The higher you go the bet...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

This review was extended stay from my previous review "Heavenly Hideaway". So I will not describe too detail, just see my one bed room previous review. This Time I will give you three bed room pictures.

Recommended: Absolutely YES, if you can afford it...
Return To Sleep: Yes, I think AVU is the best in Bukit Peninsula, or even Bali (same quality with old lady Amankila - same owner with AVU, but different management).

As usual, I always include photos in each of my reviews on Tripadvisor. - It's Real Review.

Room Tip: For family, take the three bedroom - it's cliff side house. For the view, it's better than o...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Taipei, Taiwan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

I'm old enough to remember when Amandari first opened in Bali, and the novelty gave it the necessary wow factor. Decades later, we've been pampered by the "Aman" concept and there have been copycats everywhere, some better, most not.
Alila is a generic Aman. It is clean, modern and has the necessary amenities (views, infinity pool, attentive staff, etc.). Each villa has its own small pool, gazebo and well-appointed bathroom (including an outdoor shower). The staff is incredibly friendly and the food is incredibly bad. What made me feel like I was in a futuristic villa resort was how each villa, row by each manicured row, was identical. I almost expected the buggies that took us around to be remote operated. . .

Room Tip: Get a villa in row "1". Closer to the main building (restaurants and pool).
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
AlilaHotels, General Manager at Alila Villas Uluwatu, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Dear Riosupermom,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your Alila Villas Uluwatu experience.

We appreciate your input and I am glad to learn that you enjoyed the service from our team members as well as the facilities and amenities we provide. I am sorry to hear that Alila Villas Uluwatu's modern design is not your choice for a holiday.

In our effort to constantly improve and evolve I would encourage you to provide me with more feedback regarding our food and beverage offerings, by sending me an email at mgroten@alilahotels.com

I would like to thank you in advance for your help and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back sometime in the future,

With best regards,
Marco Groten
Purwokerto, Jawa Tengah, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

Alila Uluwatu marked my first experience staying in a villa, and I couldn't pick for a better place. From the villa's secluded location, indoor-outdoor Balinese contemporary lobby design to the scenic infinite pools overlooking azure ocean views, all dotted by ubiquitous wooden-decked cabana, Alila is simply a feast in my eyes. In fact, I would rate Alila Uluwatu as one the very best and most distinctive Balinese contemporary villa in bali.

The experience? Couldn't be more satisfactory. Upon arrival, me and my brother were enthusiastically greeted by Nikki who sprayed our faces with a facial mist (first time we had this) before proceeding with the reservation. After that, We was ushered and introduced to each and every facility of the villa including the lobby, pool, cabana, restaurants, library, spa and a villa which was the last stop. I recalled feeling so relaxed and serene whilst visiting the above spots - as if the aura of Alila Uluwatu entering every pores of my skin.

Our villa was one-bedroom villa which was very spacious (291 m2) complete with private pool, cabana (overlooking hills), two separate vanity area, lounge chair, wardrobe, bathup and outdoor shower as well as living room featuring iPod dock with an iPod full of songs from Pop, RnB, Techno to Jazz, Easy Listening and Traditional genre (a brilliant idea as music hugely influences a guest's mood - thus, thumbs up!). So we turned on the music, sat and looked around our room savoring our surroundings. Then, we headed into the backyard and started relaxing on the cabana whilst soaking up in the sun before dipping into the pool for several photo-taking sessions.

For the full two days, we were indulging ourselves like never before either by savoring lunch at The Warung eatery, sunbathing by the pool and dipping into it (plus sea-gazing), listening to music while absorbing the beauty of the villa's scenery, taking a leisure stroll around the vila, snapping pics and orchestrating an impromptu photoshoot, dancing around the pool, showering outdoor, chowing down dinner at CIRE restaurant or browsing the internet in our room. It's, hands down, the most peaceful and tranquil time I had ever had.

At night, I would hear the rain dropped behind my bed when I was sleeping, and also the audiophile music which complimented the "tick tick tick" sound of the raindrops - l was lucky, it rained. That night I had the most glorious sleep in my life. It felt like being married with nature (now I know why they place a small garden behind the bed. Again, a brilliant idea).

Next, a lot of people complimented the service for being attentive yet unobtrusive. Yes, it's true. Whenever I wanted to lie down on the lounge chair by the pool, the staff always placed a towel on the chair prior to use, and since I carried a bag with me, they would place a towel on another chair prior and put my bag on it. To top it off, they would bring a bag full of amenities from facial mist, sunblock and body lotion plus empty glasses and bottles of water and leave it near my lounge chair. To make things even better, they would stand several meters behind me far enough to grant a personal space yet close enough to watch out my belongings so I didn't have to worry about losing it. What an exceptional service, indeed.

Last words, you know how perfect a villa is when you found a few glitches along the way (the price of the food was rather stiff for its taste) yet still give it a five star on a trip advisor since the faults did not matter any longer due to being eclipsed by the mind-blowing overall experience. And Alila Uluwatu is the perfect example of that.

P.S: It's impossible to take bad pictures here. Aww!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pecatu
The Legian Bali – a GHM hotel
Viceroy Bali
Viceroy Bali
#6 of 147 in Ubud
5.0 of 5 stars 608 reviews

Been to Alila Villas Uluwatu? Share your experiences!