Alila Uluwatu marked my first experience staying in a villa, and I couldn't pick for a better place. From the villa's secluded location, indoor-outdoor Balinese contemporary lobby design to the scenic infinite pools overlooking azure ocean views, all dotted by ubiquitous wooden-decked cabana, Alila is simply a feast in my eyes. In fact, I would rate Alila Uluwatu as one the very best and most distinctive Balinese contemporary villa in bali.
The experience? Couldn't be more satisfactory. Upon arrival, me and my brother were enthusiastically greeted by Nikki who sprayed our faces with a facial mist (first time we had this) before proceeding with the reservation. After that, We was ushered and introduced to each and every facility of the villa including the lobby, pool, cabana, restaurants, library, spa and a villa which was the last stop. I recalled feeling so relaxed and serene whilst visiting the above spots - as if the aura of Alila Uluwatu entering every pores of my skin.
Our villa was one-bedroom villa which was very spacious (291 m2) complete with private pool, cabana (overlooking hills), two separate vanity area, lounge chair, wardrobe, bathup and outdoor shower as well as living room featuring iPod dock with an iPod full of songs from Pop, RnB, Techno to Jazz, Easy Listening and Traditional genre (a brilliant idea as music hugely influences a guest's mood - thus, thumbs up!). So we turned on the music, sat and looked around our room savoring our surroundings. Then, we headed into the backyard and started relaxing on the cabana whilst soaking up in the sun before dipping into the pool for several photo-taking sessions.
For the full two days, we were indulging ourselves like never before either by savoring lunch at The Warung eatery, sunbathing by the pool and dipping into it (plus sea-gazing), listening to music while absorbing the beauty of the villa's scenery, taking a leisure stroll around the vila, snapping pics and orchestrating an impromptu photoshoot, dancing around the pool, showering outdoor, chowing down dinner at CIRE restaurant or browsing the internet in our room. It's, hands down, the most peaceful and tranquil time I had ever had.
At night, I would hear the rain dropped behind my bed when I was sleeping, and also the audiophile music which complimented the "tick tick tick" sound of the raindrops - l was lucky, it rained. That night I had the most glorious sleep in my life. It felt like being married with nature (now I know why they place a small garden behind the bed. Again, a brilliant idea).
Next, a lot of people complimented the service for being attentive yet unobtrusive. Yes, it's true. Whenever I wanted to lie down on the lounge chair by the pool, the staff always placed a towel on the chair prior to use, and since I carried a bag with me, they would place a towel on another chair prior and put my bag on it. To top it off, they would bring a bag full of amenities from facial mist, sunblock and body lotion plus empty glasses and bottles of water and leave it near my lounge chair. To make things even better, they would stand several meters behind me far enough to grant a personal space yet close enough to watch out my belongings so I didn't have to worry about losing it. What an exceptional service, indeed.
Last words, you know how perfect a villa is when you found a few glitches along the way (the price of the food was rather stiff for its taste) yet still give it a five star on a trip advisor since the faults did not matter any longer due to being eclipsed by the mind-blowing overall experience. And Alila Uluwatu is the perfect example of that.
P.S: It's impossible to take bad pictures here. Aww!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Alila Villas Uluwatu is the first all-pool villa luxury resort in the Alila Signature collection. Designed by award-winning architectural firm WOHA, each of 84 villas showcase contemporary Balinese-inspired design. Poised on an elevated plateau that meets with limestone cliffs sweeping down to the cerulean Indian Ocean, the view from Alila Villas Uluwatu showcases nothing less than nature’s perfection. Each villa offers private pool and cabana with 24 hour host (butler) service. Alila Villas Uluwatu designed in harmony with fully respecting the natural environment, continuing the Alila tradition of a total destination experience that is serene, sensual, and surprisingly different. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, AsiaRooms, Priceline, Despegar.com, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Escapio, Odigeo, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your Alila Villas Uluwatu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alila Villas Uluwatu Hotel Uluwatu
- Alila Villas Uluwatu Bali/Pecatu