“Alila in All Its Glory” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Alila Villas Uluwatu

Save Saved
You added Alila Villas Uluwatu to your Saves list
Alila Villas Uluwatu
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jl Belimbing Sari Banjar Tambiyak Desa Pecatu, Pecatu, Bali 80364, Indonesia   |
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Pecatu
Purwokerto, Jawa Tengah, Indonesia
“Alila in All Its Glory”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

Alila Uluwatu marked my first experience staying in a villa, and I couldn't pick for a better place. From the villa's secluded location, indoor-outdoor Balinese contemporary lobby design to the scenic infinite pools overlooking azure ocean views, all dotted by ubiquitous wooden-decked cabana, Alila is simply a feast in my eyes. In fact, I would rate Alila Uluwatu as one the very best and most distinctive Balinese contemporary villa in bali.

The experience? Couldn't be more satisfactory. Upon arrival, me and my brother were enthusiastically greeted by Nikki who sprayed our faces with a facial mist (first time we had this) before proceeding with the reservation. After that, We was ushered and introduced to each and every facility of the villa including the lobby, pool, cabana, restaurants, library, spa and a villa which was the last stop. I recalled feeling so relaxed and serene whilst visiting the above spots - as if the aura of Alila Uluwatu entering every pores of my skin.

Our villa was one-bedroom villa which was very spacious (291 m2) complete with private pool, cabana (overlooking hills), two separate vanity area, lounge chair, wardrobe, bathup and outdoor shower as well as living room featuring iPod dock with an iPod full of songs from Pop, RnB, Techno to Jazz, Easy Listening and Traditional genre (a brilliant idea as music hugely influences a guest's mood - thus, thumbs up!). So we turned on the music, sat and looked around our room savoring our surroundings. Then, we headed into the backyard and started relaxing on the cabana whilst soaking up in the sun before dipping into the pool for several photo-taking sessions.

For the full two days, we were indulging ourselves like never before either by savoring lunch at The Warung eatery, sunbathing by the pool and dipping into it (plus sea-gazing), listening to music while absorbing the beauty of the villa's scenery, taking a leisure stroll around the vila, snapping pics and orchestrating an impromptu photoshoot, dancing around the pool, showering outdoor, chowing down dinner at CIRE restaurant or browsing the internet in our room. It's, hands down, the most peaceful and tranquil time I had ever had.

At night, I would hear the rain dropped behind my bed when I was sleeping, and also the audiophile music which complimented the "tick tick tick" sound of the raindrops - l was lucky, it rained. That night I had the most glorious sleep in my life. It felt like being married with nature (now I know why they place a small garden behind the bed. Again, a brilliant idea).

Next, a lot of people complimented the service for being attentive yet unobtrusive. Yes, it's true. Whenever I wanted to lie down on the lounge chair by the pool, the staff always placed a towel on the chair prior to use, and since I carried a bag with me, they would place a towel on another chair prior and put my bag on it. To top it off, they would bring a bag full of amenities from facial mist, sunblock and body lotion plus empty glasses and bottles of water and leave it near my lounge chair. To make things even better, they would stand several meters behind me far enough to grant a personal space yet close enough to watch out my belongings so I didn't have to worry about losing it. What an exceptional service, indeed.

Last words, you know how perfect a villa is when you found a few glitches along the way (the price of the food was rather stiff for its taste) yet still give it a five star on a trip advisor since the faults did not matter any longer due to being eclipsed by the mind-blowing overall experience. And Alila Uluwatu is the perfect example of that.

P.S: It's impossible to take bad pictures here. Aww!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Brussels, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

We stayed a week at Alila Uluwatu in August last year and really had an excellent and wonderful stay! We got the relaxing break we were looking for.

Staff is extremely helpful and friendly, property is extremely stylish and beautiful, view is fantastic, food is excellent,...

If there is one remark, then it is that breakfast should be included in the room rate. The hotel is in an isolated area and guests have almost no other choice than to have breakfast in the hotel (at a high price).

Stayed August 2013
Bali, null, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

We stayed there in around Oct 2013, it was for a niece wedding.
The wedding was perfect, with amazing view of the cliff ,ocean and sunset. The room is very modern and nice, the bathroom is very lovely, wonderful private pool with amazing view, and personal services to the guests made us feel so special. The breakfast is also perfect.
Thank you Alila for giving us a wonderful staying experience!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

We just came back from our honeymoon at this beautiful hotel. It was everything we'd dreamed of. Our own pool, lounging area, the most amazing room and bathroom. After the madness of the wedding it was just what we needed. The staff were lovely but unobtrusive, food was good and then we discovered Seminyak. It's abt 45 minutes away in a taxi if the traffic is good but we went about 4 times. What an amazing place! Wld definitely recommend.

• Stayed June 2014
Darwin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

I really really enjoyed my stay here. Away from the hustle bustle, elegant place and it's simply perfect. I don't think i can express my feelings while i'm there through words.It's perfect!
Our private butler Marta is the best, nothing is hard for him to please our stay over there.The view from common pool is picturesque, our villa is just beautifully designed, the amenities in our villa is impeccable.
Both Cire and Warung restaurant are awesome, they're food is amazingly yummy.
Had my birthday dinner at Cire restaurant and had a great surprise from the staff. Really love love love that i almost cried myself LOL even the chef himself came out to ask how's everything going.
Upon checked out Marco the manager greeted us. Felt really appreciated with all the greetings from all the staff.
Since we had couple of hiccups the night before, upon checked out Marta taken care of everything, he even scratch out our dinner bills.
Alila ensure that their guest having a great time and receive great and excellent service from them. We could not ask for more,had my best birthday ever in Alila. Will definitely recommend Alila to everyone in Darwin :)
Thank you bli Marta and everyone for making us feel special while we're there.
Keep up the good work mate!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

Away from the crowds we very much enjoyed this wonderful place. Tranquil and elegant, the perfect setting for us honeymooners. Delicious foods, attentive but unobtrusive staff, scenic view, a beautiful villa with a well maintained private pool, we could not ask for more. We will come back for sure.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

The villa is well thought of and tastefully designed.

The location is amazing as you can see from the photographs. All you see in the photos here are real and even better in real life.

It's a good location for a quiet get away there is no town nor bar here, just a lot of alone time, the place is serene and reminds me of Australia actually but even better.

Possibly can be slightly better with the service, I was not shown where are the tanning amenities and had no idea it's kept in a box under the bathtub. No biggie, I requested for more privacy than service, so it suit me rather well.

Stayed June 2014, traveled solo

Been to Alila Villas Uluwatu? Share your experiences!