This was our second visit to Bali, and after a couple of wonderful weeks in Seminyak, Lombok and Ubud, we realized that the only thing we missed this time around was Alila.
On our first visit we had stayed at Alila Ubud and Ailia Uluwatu, but on this visit our itinerary did not really bring us close to any of the Alila properties. Since our flight back home was rather late in the evening we came up with the idea of leaving Ubud in the early morning and spend the last day closer to the airport and thus make the most of our last day in Bali.
The day before our departure we contacted Alila Uluwatu and asked if they could accommodate us from early morning to late evening, and arrange for us to have a dinner at The Warung in one of the bales on the ocean ridge. They promptly replied that this would indeed be possible, no need to do anything else than just arrive and enjoy.
Upon arrival we were greeted by a small "welcome home" committee and smoothly whisked to our room for the day. The room was prepared according to our preferences from the previous visit, right down to the type and numbers of pillows, books, newspapers and we were promptly served our favorite ice cold signature ginger tea.........we already knew what we wanted for dinner, so we preordered and they had already confirmed our departure flight and arranged transport.....so the only thing for us to do was to enjoy our last day in Bali.
Alila Uluwatu is a stunning property, location, design, ambiance, everything just comes together at this place, but it is the silky smooth, professional and yet super friendly service that is the icing on the cake, everything just seems to work so perfect in a calm and seemingly effortless way........as mentioned above, everything was just ready when we arrived, and when we came down to have dinner in The Warung, the bale was ready with loads of candles, rose petals and everything was timed perfectly for our departure, they apparently knew from our previous visit that we liked the coconut filled pancakes, so they served this after dinner as a small surprise.
I had wondered if the property would still be in good shape, as the Bali climate and the proximity to the sea can quickly deteriorate even the best materials, but everything looked as if it was just opened, actually the years gone by has improved the property somehow, since the trees and bushes has had time to grow into place and sort of completing the place.
Is this the best hotel in the world?? - well no one can really tell, it all depends on what your needs are at any given moment, your personal taste and how well these subjective criteria are fulfilled, and thus it will never be really objective, but if such a list was compiled I would not be surprised to see Alila Uluwatu hovering around at the very top of the list.
Once again, thank you for a wonderful stay, although way too short.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Alila Villas Uluwatu is the first all-pool villa luxury resort in the Alila Signature collection. Designed by award-winning architectural firm WOHA, each of 84 villas showcase contemporary Balinese-inspired design. Poised on an elevated plateau that meets with limestone cliffs sweeping down to the cerulean Indian Ocean, the view from Alila Villas Uluwatu showcases nothing less than nature’s perfection. Each villa offers private pool and cabana with 24 hour host (butler) service. Alila Villas Uluwatu designed in harmony with fully respecting the natural environment, continuing the Alila tradition of a total destination experience that is serene, sensual, and surprisingly different. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, Travelocity, Priceline, AsiaRooms, HotelsClick, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Jetsetter so you can book your Alila Villas Uluwatu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alila Villas Uluwatu Hotel Uluwatu
- Alila Villas Uluwatu Bali/Pecatu