The Alila Uluwatu was our first stop during our honeymoon in Bali. And what a place! Absolute luxury.
Service: One thing that sets the Alila apart is the outstanding service. The staff is unbelievably friendly and always there with a smile. We ordered breakfast in the villa each day and every morning the team would set up an amazing spread in our pool cabana. Even though the resort was completely full during our stay, we always felt like there were more staff then guests. At every turn there was someone to greet us and make sure we had everything we needed. The check-in process was super easy. No computer or front-desk…just sit down and enjoy the view of the Indian Ocean while the staff identifies your reservation and whisks your luggage away. A no stress process that starts the stay off right.
The Villa: We stayed in a 1-br pool on the 4th level (great views of the ocean). The villa was spacious, modern, and comfortable. We loved opening all of the walls to get a nice cross-breeze going. The outdoor shower with the rain showerhead was outstanding. I think the main pool was never crowded because guests have a hard time leaving the comfort of the villa!
The Pool: The main pool was stunning – one of the nicest we have ever seen. Sitting in the infinity pool and staring out at the Indian Ocean is a memorable experience. When you show up, the staff immediately brings over towels, cold water, cooling mist, sunscreen, and adjusts the umbrella however you want it. As mentioned above, the resort was full during our stay, but the main pool was never crowded. Some days it felt like we were the only ones there. Truly relaxing.
Food: Dinner at the Alila restaurants (Warung, Cire) was OK. We stayed at three different resorts during our stay in Bali, and probably liked the restaurants at the other resorts better. If we could do it again, we would have given up one of our dinners at Alila and taken a car to Jimbaran for seafood on the beach. That said, breakfast at Alila was amazing. An absolutely huge spread of eggs, pastries, meats, cheeses, you name it. That said, it is pricey - $30 USD PER PERSON. Luckily our travel agent had negotiated breakfast to be included with our package; otherwise this would have been an annoying charge.
To do: We enjoyed the morning yoga. Alila offers a free 1-hr session every morning, and the outdoor studio is an amazing setting. We also did a day-trip to Balangan Beach, a secluded surfer beach a short drive from Alila. Definitely recommend if you want to get out for the day (though it is hard to tear yourself away from the main pool). Also, it's worth checking out the Uluwatu temple and the Kecak dance; but get there early as seating fills up.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Alila Villas Uluwatu is the first all-pool villa luxury resort in the Alila Signature collection. Designed by award-winning architectural firm WOHA, each of 84 villas showcase contemporary Balinese-inspired design. Poised on an elevated plateau that meets with limestone cliffs sweeping down to the cerulean Indian Ocean, the view from Alila Villas Uluwatu showcases nothing less than nature's perfection. Each villa offers private pool and cabana with 24 hour host (butler) service. Alila Villas Uluwatu designed in harmony with fully respecting the natural environment, continuing the Alila tradition of a total destination experience that is serene, sensual, and surprisingly different. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Splendia, Odigeo, Escapio, Asiatravel.com Holdings, HotelTravel.com, Agoda, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your Alila Villas Uluwatu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alila Villas Uluwatu Hotel Uluwatu
- Alila Villas Uluwatu Bali/Pecatu