My wife & I lapped up the luxury of Alila for 3 nights in a stunning 1 bed pool villa. You are hit with the sheer beauty of the place as you roll up to the main entrance. Its ultra modern sleek architecture and design is mind blowing. Its hard to understand how they were ever able to build such a property in such a cliff top location.
We were made instantly welcome on arrival and introduced to our amazing villa host, Agus. Agus attention to detail with all aspects of our stay really did make perfection even better. Nothing was too much trouble. The stunning villa was always spotless, fresh water and clean towels seemed to instantly appear whenever needed, the spectacular turn down service would always leave us with a fresh treat to come back to the room to - beautiful hot run baths awash with rose petals, the most incredible towel animals I've ever seen - I had to get Agus to teach me how to make the elephant. It was brilliant! Just flawless attention to detail every time.
Breakfasts overlooking the pools and ocean were delicious and cocktails at sunset in the various cabanas are mesmerising (try Agus the barmans cocktails - wow!). We ate dinner in the Balinese restaurant twice and were really impressed with the quality of the meal at what were comparitively very reasonable prices.
The vast range of his/hers products in the rooms and bathroom are impressive and the lovely little hamper brought to you as you sunbathe by the pool containing cold towels, fresh water, sun screen and cooling lotion are a very impressive touch.
For the more active out there I can highly recommend taking the long set ot steps down the cliff to the beach below - take your camera down there with you as its siimply stunning.
The only drawback of Alila in my opinion is never quite knowing where to position yourself during the day - you really wouldn't need to ever leave your villa with its stunning lap pool and daybed, but then you would be missing out on enjoying the insane shared areas of the property such as the infinity pool that overlooks the ocean...its a nice problem to have!
We will be back...my wife will kill me if not...because places this good need visiting more than once.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Alila Villas Uluwatu is the first all-pool villa luxury resort in the Alila Signature collection. Designed by award-winning architectural firm WOHA, each of 84 villas showcase contemporary Balinese-inspired design. Poised on an elevated plateau that meets with limestone cliffs sweeping down to the cerulean Indian Ocean, the view from Alila Villas Uluwatu showcases nothing less than nature's perfection. Each villa offers private pool and cabana with 24 hour host (butler) service. Alila Villas Uluwatu designed in harmony with fully respecting the natural environment, continuing the Alila tradition of a total destination experience that is serene, sensual, and surprisingly different. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo, Splendia, Escapio, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Priceline, Agoda, Ctrip TA, HotelTravel.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Alila Villas Uluwatu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alila Villas Uluwatu Hotel Uluwatu
- Alila Villas Uluwatu Bali/Pecatu