My wife and I take vacation in Bali almost annually. Last summer we stayed at Bvlgari, so this June we decided to try the nearby Alila.
Uluwatu has a spectacular view of the Indian Ocean and Alila is no exception. It’s a bit far from everything else, but ideal for those who seek a quiet getaway. The key word to describe Alila is “chic”, which applies to the common areas and as well as villas. We stayed at a one-bedroom villa, a perfect blend of contemporary design and natural elements. I particularly love that all walls can be open up to create a true open-air environment. The decent-size pool, comfortable gazebo and spacious outdoor shower all contribute to a very relaxing atmosphere. Both restaurants in Alila serve good food, and if booked early, one can dine at a cabana by cliff edge, a must try for couples. Services overall are excellent and that’s what one would expect from a high quality resort in Bali.
Two observations though. 1. I booked online and was surprised to discover that their internet rates exclude breakfast. I don’t mind paying but 99% of villas in Bali include breakfast. 2. I asked to check-out at 1 pm and was told no. As someone who travels around the world often, I really can’t remember the last time any hotel rejects a merely one-hour late checkout request.
In sum, compare to its closest neighbor Bvlgari, Alila is not quite as luxurious, but I simply love the design and service more. It’s on top of our list the next time we visit Bali.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Alila Villas Uluwatu is the first all-pool villa luxury resort in the Alila Signature collection. Designed by award-winning architectural firm WOHA, each of 84 villas showcase contemporary Balinese-inspired design. Poised on an elevated plateau that meets with limestone cliffs sweeping down to the cerulean Indian Ocean, the view from Alila Villas Uluwatu showcases nothing less than nature's perfection. Each villa offers private pool and cabana with 24 hour host (butler) service. Alila Villas Uluwatu designed in harmony with fully respecting the natural environment, continuing the Alila tradition of a total destination experience that is serene, sensual, and surprisingly different. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Splendia, Odigeo, Escapio, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Priceline, Agoda, HotelTravel.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Alila Villas Uluwatu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alila Villas Uluwatu Hotel Uluwatu
- Alila Villas Uluwatu Bali/Pecatu