Stayed at Alila as the first stop on our honeymoon. From the moment you arrive you feel this complete sense of engulfing calm and you cannot help but drop your shoulders and relax. You can tell that architecture and layout of the hotel has been planned to perfection for it was easily the most aesthetically stunning place I have ever stayed. The villas are huge with uber cool interior design features and the cabana at the end of your private pool is a great touch.
Eating at Alila is a pleasure also. Warung serves contemporary delicious Asian food in a hip restaurant that wouldn't be out of place in London or New York. We ate at Cire also and enjoyed an excellent 5 course tasting menu. Breakfasts however are the real culinary treat here. Served overlooking the infinity pool and cliffs the daily changing menu is essentially an exquisite 'all you can eat' tasting menu mixing fantastic portions of Western and Asian breakfasts. Nowhere else in Bali came close to providing such a tasty stylish breakfast!
The many staff seem to just blend into the background and are extremely friendly and helpful whilst being totally unobtrusive. They also gave us a lovely present on our departure. We had a coupe of massages at the spa and I would strongly recommend this if you needed to relax even further! Also, I have to say that I cannot believe people reviewing this place complain about the noise of the frogs! They must have been digging hard to find something to complain about as you can't even hear them and I slept well every night.
What stands Alila out also is the people staying there are all young cool couples from all over the globe. Without sounding too rude it is no bad thing that there are no overweight middle-aged Western couples lounging around by the pool! All in all its a fantastic place to stay and for honeymooners looking for total peace and tranquility its just perfect.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Alila Villas Uluwatu is the first all-pool villa luxury resort in the Alila Signature collection. Designed by award-winning architectural firm WOHA, each of 84 villas showcase contemporary Balinese-inspired design. Poised on an elevated plateau that meets with limestone cliffs sweeping down to the cerulean Indian Ocean, the view from Alila Villas Uluwatu showcases nothing less than nature's perfection. Each villa offers private pool and cabana with 24 hour host (butler) service. Alila Villas Uluwatu designed in harmony with fully respecting the natural environment, continuing the Alila tradition of a total destination experience that is serene, sensual, and surprisingly different. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Splendia, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Agoda, Priceline, HotelTravel.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Alila Villas Uluwatu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alila Villas Uluwatu Hotel Uluwatu
- Alila Villas Uluwatu Bali/Pecatu