My family stayed here for four nights and we wouldn't change a thing. We toured around Costa Rican beaches and found ourselves wanting to go "home" where we would always be greeted by name. We visited Playa Flamingo (very American and built up), Tamarindo (fun to visit but way to touristy for our liking), Playa Grande (beautiful) Playa Avellena (Lola's a must see). The service at the Bahia was extremely attentive and surpassed any smaller issues on which other reviews have focused. We had an extremely private and spacious 2 room suite with a full kitchen, a large living area and a separate balcony seating area. This suite is perfect for a family - The hotel brought in a cot for our family of five. Marvin was constantly checking up on us and making sure our every need was met. He would even bring us iced waters (tap) without our asking to make sure we stay hydrated. Marvin and Leo also make delicious mojitos! You do not need bottled water in costa rica! The rooms were not four seasons quality but your not paying four seasons prices. We never had to worry about reserving a chair by the beach/pool and the beach was extremely private. We ate dinner here twice and both times were delicious, as was the breakfast. Anytime my kids finish their meals......I know it's a testament to the restaurant. We definitely plan on coming back here for another vacation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bahia del Sol is located in Potrero Beach, a beautiful beach of warm tranquil waters on the Pacific Coast of Guanacaste. The Hotel offers the guests the quality of a 4 Star Beach Hotel with all the comforts, including Pool, Jacuzzi, and a Spa, framed in an impressive setting that includes tropical artistic gardens with centennial trees, a Tropical Garden with Native & Exotic plants , and an extensive beach front. The location is perfect for soaking in breathtaking views of the tranquil Potrero Bay, romantic long walks on the golden sands, basking in the rich sun and watching the spectacular sunsets of the Pacific Coast. With miles of uncrowded beaches, stunning coves and undiscovered inlets, Costa Rica's natural environment speaks to your soul. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Tingo, Priceline, Travelocity and BookingOdigeoWL so you can book your Bahia del Sol Beach Front Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bahia Del Sol Beach Front Hotel And Suites
- Bahia Del Sol Beach Front Hotel Playa Potrero
- Bahia Del Sol Beach Front Hotel & Suites Costa Rica/Playa Potrero