We stayed here for three nights. Our first impression wasn't great because as previously stated, the owner is fairly grumpy for being in the land of Pura Vida.
The room was simple. The A/C worked great and we were actually cold at night. However, there is only one top sheet on the bed. The bed wasn't the worst bed I've slept on but wasn't the best either.
There are a few bugs as there is anywhere you go in Costa Rica. The complimentary breakfast is really basic but the coffee is good.
What we enjoyed the most was talking to Gianni, who seems to be the manager, and the other day-time receptionist. They were both incredibly helpful and kind with a wonderful sense of humor. The housekeeper and gardener work very hard at keeping the whole property clean and beautiful. They do a great job!
Overall, the hotel is not bad when your options are limited in a small town such as Potrero although it is somewhat overpriced. But what made our stay was our conversations with the staff... aside from the owner who wasn't around much anyways.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel & Villas Bahía Esmeralda has been recently constructed and is under Italian administration. It is located in the region of Guanacaste, in the North Pacific, only 3 Km away from Flamingo beach internationally known for it’s gorgeous beaches, for the it’s microclimate which is particularly favourable for all the aquatic activities throughout the year. The Hotel is surrounded by a lush tropical garden. A refreshing swimming pool is available for guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Bahia Esmeralda reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bahia Esmeralda Santa Cruz
- Bahia Esmeralda Costa Rica/Playa Potrero