Everyone was right, rude owners. We showed up a little before the 2pm and they wouldn't let us check in, in the high season I could understand but no one is really here right now. Forcing us to keep our valuables in the car as we killed time waiting for permission to check in. The pool is very small, it would be fine at a one room bed and breakfast but it's only usable by one group at a time here. The rooms were crawling with bugs, we did get bit. The beds are very old and uncomfortable, hard and loud. Get this, they don't even give you blankets. We had 1 (one) single sheet to sleep under. There are resident roosters that think 3am is an appropriate time to crow. There was a generator outside our window that kicked on and off all night. Worst night of our trip, and we've stayed in some scummy places so far.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel & Villas Bahía Esmeralda has been recently constructed and is under Italian administration. It is located in the region of Guanacaste, in the North Pacific, only 3 Km away from Flamingo beach internationally known for it’s gorgeous beaches, for the it’s microclimate which is particularly favourable for all the aquatic activities throughout the year. The Hotel is surrounded by a lush tropical garden. A refreshing swimming pool is available for guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, HostelBookers, HostelWorld and Hotels.com so you can book your Bahia Esmeralda reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bahia Esmeralda Santa Cruz
- Bahia Esmeralda Costa Rica/Playa Potrero