“An enjoyable night. Loved the cuddles with the baby tigers” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 2 Attractions in Kamala
3.5 of 5 stars 2,627 Reviews
Type: Amusement/ Theme Parks, Performances, Theaters, Amusement Parks
More attraction details
Owner description: This cultural theme park is divided into three sections: shopping in the Festival village, dining in the Golden Kinnaree Buffet Restaurant and Vegas-style entertainment in the Palace of the Elephants.
“An enjoyable night. Loved the cuddles with the baby tigers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

A great night
The food was good. Amazing how many people they cater for
The show was good. Overall a5 good night

• Thai first
  • Turkish first
Auckland Region, New Zealand
10 attraction reviews
“Not my idea of a cultural show”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

Friends had advised this was quite a unique show to see when in Phuket. We opted for the Buffet Dinner/Show package. While the dinner was of an okay standard we found the whole evening really quite bizarre.
We were due to be picked up from our hotel in Kata Beach at 5.00pm waiting in reception till 5.20 we finally got a phone call advising we would be now picked up at 5.50. The van arrived at 5.45 and after several other pickups an one sick child (car sick unfortunately) an hour and a half later we arrived at the Fantasea venue. Upon entering the gates I thought we had landed in some strange version of a Thai Disneyland albiet a much cheaper version. Colourful lights, shops, arcade games and elephant rides (over priced) led us to the buffet dinner. It was very well organised for seating about a thousand people in a very large restaurant. The food was quite okay with various options of Thai and European foods with sponge cake jelly and fruit for dessert.
Following dinner we were directed tto wait in line for the show. Prior too entering the arena we were virtually hand searched for any photography equipment,, while I can understand the reasons behind not letting recording equipment in it would really have beeen better to advise people much earlier in advance of this Also to stop ypu from taking your own photos with the tigers or baby elephants inside.
While the show was quite entertaining I would hardly call it very cultural, but a mix of culture, magic, acrobatics and some vague story line thrown into the mix. I would advise anyone seeking a better cultural experience would be to head to Northern Thailand and spend a night or two in a hill village.
Its hard to rate this and would really let people form their own opinions. Would I think it a must see in Thailand - it would rate fairly well down the list of priorities.

Visited January 2014
Sydney, Australia
“Very Disappointing!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

Very disappointing. I saw this show 10 years ago and I loved the dancing but this time the show was very very disappointing. We couldn't follow the story line and found the whole thing very unprofessional. The dancing is very ordinary and acting also. We did enjoy the animals that come on stage. They made it more interesting. The buffet dinner is also very disappointing. Not a large selection at all. It was sold to us as a buffet of international cuisine! This couldn't have been further from the truth. Don't waste your money!

Visited December 2013
Bangkok, Thailand
5 attraction reviews
“nice show”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

What a nice show! this show surely definitely worth to drop a visit, you will see how great of show is. The dinner was very nice and surrounding was always like a big festival. there is also available with nice shop, before aboard trip, we got a very nice night here

Visited October 2013
South Bend, Indiana
143 attraction reviews
“Definitely something to see”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

Really enjoyed our time at Fantasea. A little pricey for what it is, but we had a good time. Got there early and spent some time exploring the park area. There are some interesting shops and things to look at. Also an indoor zoo of a kind that you should take a look at. We had dinner at the buffet, which many people complained about, but I really enjoyed. Tried a little bit of everything. Only negative was that I had to keep flagging down the waiter for water. Keep in mind that there are other food options inside the park, so you are not forced to get the buffet if you want to eat there. I didn't know that until I arrived. Transportation is easy and convenient. We only needed return passage to our hotel and our resort arranged it for us through Fantasea, it was not a problem.
The other things to see there are cool, elephants, tigers, some interesting architecture, street performers, etc.
The show itself is more impressive than I was expecting. I was entertained and enjoyed the show. Most of it is in English, so no worries there. You may have to explain the plot to younger ones with you. Some of the stunts and special effects were very impressive. I enjoyed it a lot.

Only negatives:
Since you cannot bring your camera inside the show, they actually check it (like a coat). You can pick it up at the end. You can try your best to sneak it in, but they searched my wife's purse and actually frisked me to look for one. Of course if you get one in, don't use it, then they will take it for sure.
Second complaint: Don't spend money on the baby tiger photos. It is clear that the baby tiger is mistreated and that is unfortunate. They starve the little guy and he is clearly aggressive. Don't encourage this. If you want pictures with a baby tiger, head over to Tiger Kingdom, they are treated much better over there.

All in all, I definitely recommend seeing the show, it's a nice night out in Phuket.

Visited January 2014