“Amazing villas amazing staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Naka Phuket

You added The Naka Phuket to your Saves list
The Naka Phuket
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1/18, 1/20 Moo 6, Kamala, Kathu, Phuket 83150, Thailand   |
Ranked #18 of 31 Hotels in Kamala
“Amazing villas amazing staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is well located. The villas are outstanding and the staff are amazing. The private pool with the ocean as a back drop is beautiful. The villas are spacious . I would recommend the hotel for a romantic hideaway or to spend time with the family

• Stayed April 2013

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

I have done a lots of survey on pool villa hotel in Phuket before choosing this and there is absolutely one of the best decision I had made for this trip!

Room
1. I never stayed in a villa in any other hotel before but this hotel has definitely set a pretty high standard for me to choose other pool villa hotel in future.
2. The view is amazingly breath-taking! I can just just lie on the bed all day watching the sea and the sky and the mountain! Or in the pool doing exactly the same thing!
3. We love the room, bath room, the pool, the spa, the free mini bar, the high speed free Wi-FI Access.
4. Stayed in Room 28/2 - love it. But I believe 32/5 would have the best view as I was told.
5. Suggestion for Improvement - Please have pen and paper in the room and perhaps an instruction on how to operate the media box and home theater system.

The Beach
1. Private beach, good for sun bathing but no good for swim as there are sea lices and there are rock at the bottom of the sea, you will see them in the evening.

Restaurant
1. Western food is good, Bacon is the best! Not so good in Thai or Asian food, ordered Pad Thai and it is very salty.
2. Hotel serving sparking wine for breakfast!

Location
1. Not many people know this hotel but it is not hard for us to remember the entrance, so make sure you in a car that can advice the driver when to turn.
2. At night, the road to the hotel is pitch black, taxi driver from patong scare to death and ask for more money. Had to pay extra 100 baht from the initial agreed price which made total of 500 baht from Patong.

Services
1. During check out, we were told that the bath ropes in our room were missing. We believe the house keeper must have taken them together with the towels. We told the front desk they can check our luggage if required but she believe us and did not pursuit the matter further. Thank you Kitty! Nonetheless, we hope the house keeping should keep a record on the in room items daily to avoid this kind of situation to the guests.

2. Other than the above, they are very nice and friendly and helpful.

Despite the location or the check out incident, we love this place so much and would definitely come back again when they are operating in full!!

Room Tip: We stayed at 28/2 and it was very good, but was told 32/5 or 32/2 had the best view (basically the...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Having stayed in several pool villa resorts in Phuket. I have found that this is the perfect choice of holiday in Phuket. Having arrived in Phuket on sunny and hotel afternoon, i am offered a unique selection of welcome drink. Choices are available instead of the one choice offered by most resorts in Phuket.

The lobby has great view of the whole Andaman Sea and spectacular mountain as back drop. I was offered an impressive view of the whole project.

First thing that caught my attention was the amazing private beach that this hotel has to offer.
I have traveled and stayed in Le Meridien, Kata Thani, Laguna Beach and this is by far the most outstanding ever. It feels just right I am being on the Racha island. Crystal clear water which we can easily jump in and snorkling without having to go to the Racha or Phi Phi island.

There are no local shops and my bedroom has amazing view of the ocean and the mountain.
I used to have doubt before traveling to this resort as i was informed that the resort is still in soft opening stage and certain area is inaccessible with work in progress. I am glad i have decided to come and my expectations are greatly exceeded.

I couldn't hear much noise of work as those site is located far away on the other side of the mountain. It didn't bother us at all. I am most thrilled with the experience of their design of the bedroom which is really unique and protruding out of the edge. We took a few 3D shots with our camera and they look amazing. The size of room is very comfortable. Big living room and huge private pool.

For food, their breakfast selection is really good. We were offered choice of Western or Asian breakfast menu and all you can eat as per your order. Very good service and quality.

The complimentary shuttle bus service to Patong is also very convenient for us to get around in the evening. Overall, this resort even though is still in soft opening stage, the rate that we paid is only around USD 500 per night. All inclusive, very attractive compare to other Pool Villas that we stayed before. This is by the far the cheapest but offer really best experience.
We can reach the beach so easily without having to walk down a series of stairs. Stairs are my greatest enemy and I am thankful that we can simply reach the beautiful beach by taking their shuttle bus.

Room Tip: This is ideal for travelers who like private beach or relaxing in private pool all day, easy to reac...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

Wow, where do I start with what is arguably the best hotel I have ever had the honour to have experienced. Everyone must experience this establishment at least one time in their life. On arrival you are enticed by the most stunning front desk and I mean truly stunning. Normally many hotels go down from there but not The Naka, the Villas are truly of 6 star luxury. Going back to checkin as I expected the staff are the most gracious people one can expect and expect a lot as they will deliver and deliver with the happiest smiles and impeccable manners I have been privileged to have had. Moving on to the Villas, WOW what can I say they are truly stunning and very large, the beds are the most comfortable I have ever slept on and everything from the cleanliness to the outdoor huge bath to my private infinity pool is absolutely divine. I have stayed in many hotels they require numerous calls for anything but you will have no such issues with the Naka as one call is met with outstanding service in minutes. The General Manager deserves 10 stars for his selection of staff as most are University Graduates in the Hotel industry and its obvious he has hand picked the best of the best. The hotel is still under construction with a number of Villas still incomplete hence this is without doubt the best time to pre book your time at the Naka as I am sure when its complete they will easily be able to charge double the rates and even then they will be fully booked year round hence people do not wait go and see it for yourself and indulge in pure luxury and the best service in the world, Yes it is that good. The private beach is amazing, its so peaceful and the views are amazing. I needed a holiday desperately and I needed peace, this hotel gave me far more than I anticipated. I would like to take this opportunity to thank the Management and staff, (To Many To Mention) for making my time at the Naka a memory for life and I cannot wait to return to your beautiful establishment. See you all again soon

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Been to The Naka Phuket? Share your experiences!